Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Saints further strengthen balance sheet

You guys are on a roll now

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I wouldn't mind betting saints are in a better financial position than Leeds considering they have the new headingley to pay for
    No, Saints will probably never pay off the money borrowed to build the stadium (and don't really expect to I imagine) whereas Leeds expect to continue to make money to pay off the loans used to fund the redevelopment. Certainly Caddick has not indicated that he would wish to, or expects to, start having to put money into Leeds.
    Leeds main benefit is the strength and depth of the Leeds corporate market which is where they make more money than pretty much the rest of the league combined.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost of '99 View Post
    No, Saints will probably never pay off the money borrowed to build the stadium (and don't really expect to I imagine) whereas Leeds expect to continue to make money to pay off the loans used to fund the redevelopment. Certainly Caddick has not indicated that he would wish to, or expects to, start having to put money into Leeds.
    Leeds main benefit is the strength and depth of the Leeds corporate market which is where they make more money than pretty much the rest of the league combined.
    Maybe I got this wrong ,but I thought the loans were converted into director's shares, and in that scenario already paid off.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Maybe I got this wrong ,but I thought the loans were converted into director's shares, and in that scenario already paid off.
    That's my understanding to. Basically the stadium assets have been paid for by increasing the amount of shares in issue to those who loaned the money. There by increasing their percentage holding in the club.

No debt. Whether they will ever see any dividends on those shares is another matter.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    That's my understanding to. Basically the stadium assets have been paid for by increasing the amount of shares in issue to those who loaned the money. There by increasing their percentage holding in the club.

No debt. Whether they will ever see any dividends on those shares is another matter.
    I don't know whether or no they expect any dividend. One thing is for sure , I can't think of any two guys other than Eamon Mc and Mike Coleman that would have done what they have to put us on a sound financial footing.