Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saints further strengthen balance sheet

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    £294k paid in rent. Wowzers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In the grand scheme of things I don't imagine the rent costs are too much of an issue. A drop in average attendance of 2,200 and drop in annual revenue of £500k from the previous year are perhaps more of a factor. Not sure how the arrangement works with things like catering and non-match day income, £1.4m of our turnover last year was from hospitality etc so that's a fair chunk. Hopefully Leneghan has a few bob behind him to cover it

Leaving the banter aside for a second, it's not looking good for the sport when the current champions seemingly won't be able to spend up to the salary cap for the foreseeable (judging by the comments about having to reduce salary costs)

It's a bit odd though how their wage bill is higher than ours despite having far fewer off field employees. And we had Barba on marquee money last year too. Hopefully not another 'administrative error'

Will be interesting to see the impact the Headingley improvements and attendance drop have on the financials at Leeds longer term. They've been by far the most sustainable club for quite a while though

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I will be in Asia.
    Globettrotter this guy. I thought I'd been to a few places

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I wouldn't mind betting saints are in a better financial position than Leeds considering they have the new headingley to pay for
    Not sure about that. Leeds are pretty well off financially

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I wouldn't mind betting saints are in a better financial position than Leeds considering they have the new headingley to pay for
    Legal and General put up most of the 40 million and leased it back to Leeds city council ?
    There's also some very wealthy people associated with Leeds

Banned

Default Saints further strengthen balance sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    In the grand scheme of things I don't imagine the rent costs are too much of an issue. A drop in average attendance of 2,200 and drop in annual revenue of £500k from the previous year are perhaps more of a factor. Not sure how the arrangement works with things like catering and non-match day income, £1.4m of our turnover last year was from hospitality etc so that's a fair chunk. Hopefully Leneghan has a few bob behind him to cover it

Leaving the banter aside for a second, it's not looking good for the sport when the current champions seemingly won't be able to spend up to the salary cap for the foreseeable (judging by the comments about having to reduce salary costs)

It's a bit odd though how their wage bill is higher than ours despite having far fewer off field employees. And we had Barba on marquee money last year too. Hopefully not another 'administrative error'

Will be interesting to see the impact the Headingley improvements and attendance drop have on the financials at Leeds longer term. They've been by far the most sustainable club for quite a while though
    Fair point regarding the rent but nearly £300k is a a lot of money in a sport that isn’t awash with cash. Unless tv money goes through the roof, I’m not sure how sustainable it will be paying out that much to play home matches.

A Wigan pal of mine said that they don’t make anything on the match day food or drink so they’re also losing out on that.

You’re right, the future of the sport as a whole looks bleak. A lot of clubs are being propped up by wealthy owners and if they ever pull out, I don’t think many clubs will survive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post

Good post, especially the mention of incomes streams outside of the matchday experience, McManus has had a 2 year delay in the revenues from hospitality in his 5 year plan he wanted 2-3 million but was held back with that particular "cladding year".

It will be interesting in 2020 to see if we are catching up to Leeds turnover of £10 million, Warrington won't be far behind but if Wigan and Hull are losing ground and there are no other clubs to take over the turnover position then as you say its not good for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    Yep like your chairman, oozing with the stuff.
    Haven’t you got a concourse to climb up to attack some fans, or maybe a coach to brick?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Haven’t you got a concourse to climb up to attack some fans, or maybe a coach to brick?
    Or a ref to threaten?

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    They weren't very good at that concourse climbing. From what I saw, with their distinct height disadvantage, they were getting their backsides handed to them.

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    I'm all for beating Wigan on the field, but I would not want to see any club go to the wall.

The pie dome has been a great short term measure. But renting is dead money.

If Wigan cant fund a professional team it does not leave much chance for most of the league
    Be funny if Wire did

WARNING! PIE EATER!

This was my post on R.L Fans

"A very poor set of results no doubt with issues that need to be addressed. the stadium rent however isn't the main one. £300K isn't a lot to pay for a stadium of that quality when you take into account the running costs involved.
    The Australia trip was a risk, very enjoyable for those like me who went, but the publicity/promotion of the second games was almost non-existent, plus playing it at the ANZ didn't help. A more Sydney central location like the Sydney Football Stadium would probably have been better attended.

The shareholders meeting should be interesting!!"

What I was referring to in the stadium rent is that the figure quoted would include all pitch maintenance, groundsman, equipment, undersoil heating, lighting etc costs. The pitch has been relayed many times since it opened 20 years ago, and there will be extensive stadium maintenance required in the next 5 - 10 years. This year a permanent big screen has been installed so all games are shown live on it regardless of Sky transmission. The whole corporate and reception areas have been re-carpeted.

As I stated in my earlier post on here the game is really lacking in investment, both in financial and playing strength starting at junior levels. The demographic of the RL fan shows an ageing fanbase that isn't being replaced by younger fans, which should be a major concern. If/when you go to the game tonight just have a look around you.

I have noticed when Huddersfield play their support base looks like a scene from the film Cocoon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post

"A very poor set of results no doubt with issues that need to be addressed. the stadium rent however isn't the main one. £300K isn't a lot to pay for a stadium of that quality when you take into account the running costs involved.
    The Australia trip was a risk, very enjoyable for those like me who went, but the publicity/promotion of the second games was almost non-existent, plus playing it at the ANZ didn't help. A more Sydney central location like the Sydney Football Stadium would probably have been better attended.

What I was referring to in the stadium rent is that the figure quoted would include all pitch maintenance, groundsman, equipment, undersoil heating, lighting etc costs. The pitch has been relayed many times since it opened 20 years ago, and there will be extensive stadium maintenance required in the next 5 - 10 years. This year a permanent big screen has been installed so all games are shown live on it regardless of Sky transmission. The whole corporate and reception areas have been re-carpeted.

As I stated in my earlier post on here the game is really lacking in investment, both in financial and playing strength starting at junior levels. The demographic of the RL fan shows an ageing fanbase that isn't being replaced by younger fans, which should be a major concern. If/when you go to the game tonight just have a look around you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLUkgRAy_Vo

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    The most important advice from the auditor is their opinion that it in the current situation it doubts that the club's current position is sustainable, perhaps the near 3 hundred thousand pound per year rent might have something to do with it, together with the loss of off field profits that having their own stadium would bring. The club already owes several millions to Mr Lenegan, I cannot see him putting even more money in

So what about the statement that your position is unsustainable? Where do you go from here? Must be a worry.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    So what about the statement that your position is unsustainable? Where do you go from here? Must be a worry.
    Especially when you throw in a new carpet. Maybe they should make do with lino.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Especially when you throw in a new carpet. Maybe they should make do with lino.

Rogues aka The Big Short

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

#Carpetgate

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

“biggest single commercial initiative” in the club's history

Didn't quite work out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    #Carpetgate
    Their balance sheet does seem to have been roughly shagged.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Their balance sheet does seem to have been roughly shagged.

Looks seemingly threadbare to me.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Looks seemingly threadbare to me.
    There’s been many more underlay-ing issues at the club

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    There’s been many more underlay-ing issues at the club
    They won’t be top of the pile for long at this rate.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    They won’t be top of the pile for long at this rate.
    When they've finished skirting round the issues it'll soon get brushed under the rug