Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Saturday v Wakefield

Noooobie

Default Saturday v Wakefield

Afternoon chaps,

Unsurprisingly, I'm a London Broncos fan, but I'm oop in Manchester for the weekend, so I'm gonna come over your way on Saturday for the Wakey game - where's decent to drink and will I be welcome in the big terrace behind the posts if I'm in my Broncos colours?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LondonBronco View Post
    Afternoon chaps,

Unsurprisingly, I'm a London Broncos fan, but I'm oop in Manchester for the weekend, so I'm gonna come over your way on Saturday for the Wakey game - where's decent to drink and will I be welcome in the big terrace behind the posts if I'm in my Broncos colours?
    You’ll be more than welcome in the West Stand with London colours on, there’ll be no problem there.
    Are you getting to the ground via car or public transport?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    You’ll be more than welcome in the West Stand with London colours on, there’ll be no problem there.
    Are you getting to the ground via car or public transport?
    Public transport, going by train - scheduled to get into St Helens Central at pretty much bang on midday

Learning All The Songs

Public transport, going by train - scheduled to get into St Helens Central at pretty much bang on midday
    Glass Horse near stadium or Running Horses in town are watering/eating holes or 5 min bus ride outside of town The Gerard is a good fan base. The George isn’t far from the ground and there’s a great atmos in there pre match. Others will give you more suggestions. Enjoy. You’ll be made very welcome!

Learning All The Songs

St Helens Junction is the station from Manchester and its out in the sticks (sorry suttoners) the 35 bus is every half hour. Although a train to rainhill and the 10A is every 15 mins.

The best pub within reasonable walking distance is the Cricketers if you take the Rainhill 10A option the Cricketers is next to the big red church.

Someone else can give you buzes from Lea Green.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Glass Horse near stadium or Running Horses in town are watering/eating holes or 5 min bus ride outside of town The Gerard is a good fan base. The George isn’t far from the ground and there’s a great atmos in there pre match. Others will give you more suggestions. Enjoy. You’ll be made very welcome!
    Thanks mate, really looking forward to it - only other SL ground I've done is KR during the Super 8's last year, and there were the usual 25 of us, so being in a big ground surrounded by fans is going to be an absolute experience for me!

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    St Helens Junction is the station from Manchester and its out in the sticks (sorry suttoners) the 35 bus is every half hour. Although a train to rainhill and the 10A is every 15 mins.

The best pub within reasonable walking distance is the Cricketers if you take the Rainhill 10A option the Cricketers is next to the big red church.

Someone else can give you buzes from Lea Green.
    Yeah, gonna get the train over to Wigan and change there, it's about twice as long, but I'm lazy and can't be arsed walking!

Learning All The Songs

Yeah, gonna get the train over to Wigan and change there, it's about twice as long, but I'm lazy and can't be arsed walking!
    The best pubs are a the Turks Head, the Talbot and the Cricketers all within walking distance of each other and about £3 taxi from town.

Oh and £3 a pint is expensive in this town.

Banned

I suppose a trip to Sutton Cricket Club could be worth a good tourist trip. The St. Helens equivalent of Phoenix Nights. Possibly less up market than Peter Kay’s club though...

Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar

Afternoon chaps,

Yes to the last part.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

Noooobie

Welcome to the forum. I'm planning to get the 12:21 out of Wigan NW arriving into Central at 12:37. I'll keep my eyes open for you - will be happy for some company

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by South Cheshire Saint View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I'm planning to get the 12:21 out of Wigan NW arriving into Central at 12:37. I'll keep my eyes open for you - will be happy for some company
    Sounds good to me, I'll meet you there - I'll be in a red Broncos jersey

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

I predict a Saints win by 32-18.

Afternoon chaps,

I'm in and out today so probs won't catch you but might see you down at London next week.

We're in Richmond on the Saturday I think and staying over. Any recommendations for food/drink/things to do?

Noooobie

If anyone else is on the 1221 at Wigan NW, I'm at the back g the 3rd carriage/front of the 2nd carriage (depending on your perspective)!

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'm in and out today so probs won't catch you but might see you down at London next week.

We're in Richmond on the Saturday I think and staying over. Any recommendations for food/drink/things to do?
    To be honest mate, I don't know Richmond all that well (except for the fact that pubs are both excellent and really expensive - pregame, I'd recommend either the Shanakee (opposite Ealing Broadway station) or the club bar in the ground (either way, expect London pricing!)

Learning All The Songs

Be prepared for St Helens Prices, you will have shock when you get change of a fiver, even with a bag of cashews

To be honest mate, I don't know Richmond all that well (except for the fact that pubs are both excellent and really expensive - pregame, I'd recommend either the Shanakee (opposite Ealing Broadway station) or the club bar in the ground (either way, expect London pricing!)
    Brill mate thanks.

Aye I'm prepared. Don't think Manchester is much cheaper than London to be honest

Be prepared for St Helens Prices, you will have shock when you get change of a fiver, even with a bag of cashews
    Ha ha ha. Correct

In The South Stand

Enjoy the StHelens atmosphere I think that the answers that you have been given will have shown you how friendly most StHelens people are and I am sure that you will enjoy the atmosphere on the West End I would have been there If the clock hadn't caught up with me , just shout your head of and tell people you are a stranger , someone will see that you are looked after C O Y S.

In The South Stand

I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Got A Season Ticket Voll au Vent's Avatar

Good to have a chat with you yesterday. Hope you enjoyed the afternoon and got back to Manchester in one piece.