Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adam Swift gone to Hull

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Good luck Adam

Got A Season Ticket

Good call. I understand him not wanting to play reserve when he could be playing each week. And we should always be able to draw on a cheap youngster for a reserve wing place if Regan or Tommy aren't available. Best all round.

Starting A Programme Collection

I believe its a straight swap for Matty the jet Dawson-Jones.

In The South Stand

He's played well this season when we've seen him. Shame he didn't live up to those standards in previous seasons or he wouldn't have needed to move. He was pants for us at times, the white Meli. I've seen people on Twitter and Facebook suggesting we should have kept him and let Regan leave. Utterly bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    Sorry to see Swifty go. A player with exceptionally good footwork but too often let himself down by losing the ballGood luck Allan. I'm sure the Hull fans will take to you.
    A new club a new name a new start. To be honest I won't miss him, he was too error prone.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    He's played well this season when we've seen him. Shame he didn't live up to those standards in previous seasons or he wouldn't have needed to move. He was pants for us at times, the white Meli. I've seen people on Twitter and Facebook suggesting we should have kept him and let Regan leave. Utterly bizarre.
    The therapy must be working saddo, it's two days running you have produced a sensible post.

Learning All The Songs

Big disappointment in Swifty wearing the Hull top when he's still playing for us

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Big disappointment in Swifty wearing the Hull top when he's still playing for us
    I agree with this too. I know it’s promotion but he’s still a saints player and undoubtedly will pull on the red vee again this season.

Got A Season Ticket

I don't blame him at all. Next Season he's going to be a Hull player, in order to appeal to Fans & Sponsors - he has to look like he wants to be there, wearing a Hull Shirt is an easy way of doing this.

I don't expect he'll do any more publicity for Hull until this season is finished now.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

If he was a regular in the first 17 maybe, the Hull top didn't bother me its a short career in this sport, it helped to promote himself.

An interesting scenario would be a Saints v Hull Challenge Cup Final, Swift gets drafted in because of injury and scores the winning try against Hull.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    If he was a regular in the first 17 maybe, the Hull top didn't bother me its a short career in this sport, it helped to promote himself.

An interesting scenario would be a Saints v Hull Challenge Cup Final, Swift gets drafted in because of injury and scores the winning try against Hull.
    How would you like Theo to sign for Wigan and has pictures of him wearing a pie top and a wigun scarf above his head before the season ends?

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

How would you like Theo to sign for Wigan and has pictures of him wearing a pie top and a wigun scarf above his head before the season ends?
    It means absolutely diddly squat, really don't get why people get upset over stuff like this. He's had a photo with a hull top on, big wow, you called him a prick on another thread. I'd say swift isn't the one with the issues here

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Woudn,t like that at all because he,s not really a back up player like Swift.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    It means absolutely diddly squat, really don't get why people get upset over stuff like this. He's had a photo with a hull top on, big wow, you called him a prick on another thread. I'd say swift isn't the one with the issues here
    He has never done anything but his best for us. I remember at Cats last year when he came back from injury and scored, the rest of the team looked really happy for him, more so than for other try scorers. Seems like he was popular in the dressing room.

Learning All The Songs

Fonua re-signs for Hull.... Does this mean Swift will go to Hull only to be on the side lines just like he is now at Saint's.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Fonua re-signs for Hull.... Does this mean Swift will go to Hull only to be on the side lines just like he is now at Saint's.
    I expect Fonua will play at centre again for them. Good to see him back in super league, great player for them.

Ratu Naulago on one wing is playing well but I’d have Swift over the other winger Faraimo.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    He is arguably in a worse position at Hull than he was at Saints. He is now probably their 4th choice winger behind Fonua, Faraimo and Ratu Naulago and with Tuimavave and Connor at centre there doesn't seem to be a place in that team for him.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Got A Season Ticket

Faraimo also signed an extension this week.
    I can't see Swift knocking any of them out of the starting 17.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig View Post
    He is arguably in a worse position at Hull than he was at Saints. He is now probably their 4th choice winger behind Fonua, Faraimo and Ratu Naulago and with Tuimavave and Connor at centre there doesn't seem to be a place in that team for him.
    As RS said Fonua is likely to play centre rather than wing, he's been playing there a fair bit for Wests.

I read the other week that Naulago has to return to full time army duties later this year and it was unlikely that he would be available to play next season. Maybe things have changed since then but, if not, perhaps that’s why Hull have been so active in recruiting people who can play on the wing.