Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Liverpool again

In The South Stand

Default Liverpool again

Super League keen to get back to Anfield, they are pleased with how it all turned out.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Apparently it's a two year deal, so they're back there next year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Apparently it's a two year deal, so they're back there next year anyway.
    It was only a 1 year deal. Yes it’s likely to go back, but its not because it was a 2 year deal.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

I think it was the 2nd lowest attended Magic weekend, but I guess it'll depend on how much the bidding cities are willing to pay.

In The South Stand

It was the first Magic we have attended (myself and son) and we thought it was great. I spoke to many others who said there was much more going on around the ground at Newcastle and (as we knew) St James's is more central to other places of entertainment than Anfield. Having said, that there's a bus stop outside Anfield (917 to the city centre), plenty of cabs and we walked in to the city centre in thirty minutes. To be honest, we only went for the rugby and apart from Hull v Huddersfield (which was great because I can't stand Hull!) the matches were all competitive. Great to chat to fans from other clubs, Huddersfield (these guys were staying over in Southport), Leeds and Cas seemed to be the most approachable. Also great to see all ages and lots of families, many wearing shirts of different teams to each other! So to all the doom and gloom merchants, I say give it a chance and support the game.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    It was only a 1 year deal. Yes it’s likely to go back, but its not because it was a 2 year deal.
    I've not kept the recording but maybe someone can check, Elstone said in his interview after Saints game that it was a two year deal.

Oh well. I'll save the dosh & not bother for another year then

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

We won't be going again if it's there next year.

Not being negative about either RL - we've been to most of the Magic Weekends and Summer Bashes - or Liverpool, as I really enjoy going out in the city centre, but for me, the venue has to be located in a city centre with access to a range of pubs and eateries and the seats in the Kop are ridiculously tight for legroom.

The stewards both in and outside the ground and the bar staff were excellent and the organisation of the car parks ( we went by car on Day 2 as couldn't be arsed with train + bus again) was also really good.

I also really prefer it to be somewhere we can go to for a weekend away.

My opinion only, and I know many people thoroughly enjoyed it.

You pays your money and makes your choice though
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I've not kept the recording but maybe someone can check, Elstone said in his interview after Saints game that it was a two year deal.
    In the interview after our game he said L'Pool wanted us back and why not come back(or words to that effect). I think he went on to say SL was keen to return, but I do not remember him mentioning a 2 year deal.

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

In league express that Elstone is looking abroad as an option too. Dublin, possibly Spain, nou camp after last weeks game maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    In the interview after our game he said L'Pool wanted us back and why not come back(or words to that effect). I think he went on to say SL was keen to return, but I do not remember him mentioning a 2 year deal.
    Could just be a case of using Liverpool as a bargaining tool with other potential hosts

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    In league express that Elstone is looking abroad as an option too. Dublin, possibly Spain, nou camp after last weeks game maybe?
    I'll sound like a broken record. If you want abroad take it to Lisbon. It knocks Barcelona into a cocked hat in terms of a city. Much more reasonably priced too.

It would be a scream. Everyone on the Superbock

Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar

He said SL had a 2 yr option in their favour to return to Anfield.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'll sound like a broken record. If you want abroad take it to Lisbon. It knocks Barcelona into a cocked hat in terms of a city. Much more reasonably priced too.

It would be a scream. Everyone on the Superbock
    Not a bad choice provided Saints win the toss and kick down Alfama in the first half. As you say, one of the cheapest capital cities in Europe with plenty of accommodation and restaurants of all qualities available.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Taking it abroad might be very difficult logistically you would probably need 120 mid size aircraft if 30 000 fans stopped for the 2 day event.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Taking it abroad might be very difficult logistically you would probably need 120 mid size aircraft if 30 000 fans stopped for the 2 day event.
    Can't argue. You make a good point

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Not a bad choice provided Saints win the toss and kick down Alfama in the first half. As you say, one of the cheapest capital cities in Europe with plenty of accommodation and restaurants of all qualities available.
    Fully agree. An interesting city as well. The 1755 earthquake walking tour for example.

Some of the side streets are a bit mad. They are all shops in the day. At night they become bars.

I just think if you're looking at the likes of Dublin, Barcelona, then Lisbon is just as good an option.

Mind you, I see Magic as a weekend away & a bit of a party. Not everyone has the same idea & this is not everyone's cup of tea.

In terms of a European city though, nowhere better for me

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Other forms of transport are available: by train London to Barcelona 10 hours; London to Lisbon 24 hours. Both interesting journeys for anyone with time and wanting to minimise climate impact.
    Last edited by Simeon Stylites; 29th May 2019 at 12:11. Reason: Omission of critical words ‘by Train’.