Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Instant Reaction: Saints 36-16 Cas - Mag

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

Default Instant Reaction: Saints 36-16 Cas - Mag

Saints 36-16 victory over Castleford Tigers in Round 16 of the Betfred Super League at the Magic Weekend at Anfield on 26th May 2019

This file is not hosted on RedVee.Net, this is a YouTube video.
    Contact YouTube.Com if you have any copyright issues.

https://youtu.be/AoyzVmaESPg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@RedveeDotNet

Thought Roby's sin-binning was a farce, almost as much of a farce as Cummings saying "He jumped off his feet", no Stuart, he didn't jump at all you doughnut, he essentially moved his bodyweight down to complete the tackle.
    Last edited by OoOGazOoO; 26th May 2019 at 21:50.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Thought Roby's sin-binning was a farce, almost as much as a farce as Cummings saying "He jumped off his feet", no Stuart, he didn't jump at all you doughnut, he essentially moved his bodyweight down to complete the tackle.
    I agree,what the hell can Roby do in that situation ?

Thought Roby's sin-binning was a farce, almost as much of a farce as Cummings saying "He jumped off his feet", no Stuart, he didn't jump at all you doughnut, he essentially moved his bodyweight down to complete the tackle.
    What’s all this guff about the defender’s feet leaving the ground that Cummins has suddenly started coming out with?

There was a tackle in the Cats v Wakey game where he was going on about it - there was absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Roby made a perfectly legitimate tackle and the attacker dropped himself into a vulnerable position. The sin binning was ridiculous.

The one thing the two tackles had in common was that the attacking player was injured, and that basically seems to be the way it works now. If a ball-carrier gets hurt and there’s a video ref then they’ll do whatever they can to find some obscure reason to punish the defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    What’s all this guff about the defender’s feet leaving the ground that Cummins has suddenly started coming out with?

There was a tackle in the Cats v Wakey game where he was going on about it - there was absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Roby made a perfectly legitimate tackle and the attacker dropped himself into a vulnerable position. The sin binning was ridiculous.

The one thing the two tackles had in common was that the attacking player was injured, and that basically seems to be the way it works now. If a ball-carrier gets hurt and there’s a video ref then they’ll do whatever they can to find some obscure reason to punish the defender.
    I didn't hear what Cummins said but no doubt he'll have tried to justify Hicks' decision. I don't know how I didn't hear it as I was watching the game!

Think he's a pretty poor ref to be honest Hicks

Default Instant Reaction: Saints 36-16 Cas - Mag

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I didn't hear what Cummins said but no doubt he'll have tried to justify Hicks' decision. I don't know how I didn't hear it as I was watching the game!

Think he's a pretty poor ref to be honest Hicks
    I heard him going on about it in the commentary yesterday but was there today so haven’t heard today’s commentary. But going from one of the above posts it sounds like he was on about it again.

I didn’t think they were bothering with the supposed crusher tackle nonsense this year. I’ve seen probably 10 of them just let go on Sky games and the second we’re involved, you guessed it, sin bin. Not saying it’s bias but I don’t understand why suddenly it’s a sin bin again

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I heard him going on about it in the commentary yesterday but was there today so haven’t heard today’s commentary. But going from one of the above posts it sounds like he was on about it again.
    I see. I missed most of it yesterday as was on a stag doo in York.

I've kind of switched off with the commentary. I vaguely recall Barrie Mc & Bill Arthur going on and on about their commentary "marathon" & how Barrie wanted to get home & sit on his settee with a brew. Something like that anyway.

Jon Wells was giving it to Leeds as well. He was hammering them

Got A Season Ticket

What struck me yesterday was the fitness of all your players whoever is doing the conditioning is doing a fantastic job

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    What struck me yesterday was the fitness of all your players whoever is doing the conditioning is doing a fantastic job
    Totally agree with you Steve. All have the appearance of athletes

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Great video lads.

Just a point on the Newcastle thing.

In the last 2 years of it being held there, the numbers dropped each year. Not by much but still began to drop.

Also, it was announced in 2017 that Newcastle would be hosting the Rugby Union European Cup Final in 2019.

So I would look at it more being Newcastle not wanting Magic Weekend again when they knew they could have a 1 off game which brings viewers in from Europe and more prominent sponsors.

I would happily see it back at Liverpool. It wasnt perfect. But that should be rectified for next year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It certainly seemed harsh HOWEVER, imho it’s better Hicks dealt with it as a bin (in a game we are winning at a stroll) than putting it on report and Robes maybe kopping (see what I did there...) a ban.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    It certainly seemed harsh HOWEVER, imho it’s better Hicks dealt with it as a bin (in a game we are winning at a stroll) than putting it on report and Robes maybe kopping (see what I did there...) a ban.
    Could still pick up a ban regardless

Learning All The Songs

I went, wouldn't go to Anfield again, zero leg room to sit and zero festival surrounding games. Basically just 6 games at one venue. It's supposed to be a festival, a celebration of our game. That wasn't. Loved our game though, but that's all. If I ever did go again I would just turn for our game then leave (if Anfield).

Less likely when it’s been dealt with on-field
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Starting A Programme Collection

Less likely when it’s been dealt with on-field
    0 match penalty notice given Grade A on Rugby League site

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I'm almost sure this is the third occasion Jake Truman has got himself in this situation, he backs into a player and ends up in a sitting position, for me the disciplinary should make note of his actions.

In The South Stand

Well Wilkin made a point about it and players staying down and feigning injury , at the time I thought I wonder could he be in trouble for that.