Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Magic Weekend Ticket Sales

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Default Magic Weekend Ticket Sales

It seems we are top ticket sales for Anfield in the KOP. Let's make some noise peeps and hopefully some of that Kop magic will rub off on us!

PS I will be in the main stand with the Chablis and prawn brigade as usual. (Don't ask how much the tickets were! )
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    It seems we are top ticket sales for Anfield in the KOP. Let's make some noise peeps and hopefully some of that Kop magic will rub off on us!

PS I will be in the main stand with the Chablis and prawn brigade as usual. (Don't ask how much the tickets were! )
    Apparently the crowd per day is currently roughly 15,000, so on course to spectacularly break the aggregate attendance record which is currently 50,000 at Cardiff.

They are hoping for a late surge as people who haven't bothered looking finally get round to booking. But it does look like it'll be at least 10,000 down on the previous low over the two days.

Whoever is running these things needs to be sacked. It's time the clubs got together and put some real pressure on the RFL and Super League (Whoever is in charge of this shambles) and forced them out, not just as individuals but as an organisation. Major, major changes needed in British RL.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Apparently the crowd per day is currently roughly 15,000, so on course to spectacularly break the aggregate attendance record which is currently 50,000 at Cardiff.

They are hoping for a late surge as people who haven't bothered looking finally get round to booking. But it does look like it'll be at least 10,000 down on the previous low over the two days.

Whoever is running these things needs to be sacked. It's time the clubs got together and put some real pressure on the RFL and Super League (Whoever is in charge of this shambles) and forced them out, not just as individuals but as an organisation. Major, major changes needed in British RL.
    The event is being run by Super League, and the clubs ARE Super League.

Upside
    Non Members

I'd rather the effort be put into forcing fans who always slag everything off to be thrown out the game. I wish they would sabotage a different sport

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    The event is being run by Super League, and the clubs ARE Super League.

Then we must sack the clubs, start again with new ones who know what they are doing

We need a team in Australia, we need posters to promote the game, we need a magic weekend in my back yard, we need a salary cap of a billion pounds a month and improve gates to exceed soccerball each week

If we don't manage that by July everyone gets sacked again and we start with even more new clubs

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I'd rather the effort be put into forcing fans who always slag everything off to be thrown out the game. I wish they would sabotage a different sport
    Yup.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Then we must sack the clubs, start again with new ones who know what they are doing

We need a team in Australia, we need posters to promote the game, we need a magic weekend in my back yard, we need a salary cap of a billion pounds a month and improve gates to exceed soccerball each week

If we don't manage that by July everyone gets sacked again and we start with even more new clubs
    I think you and I would make excellent CEO's. A salary of around £500K per annum may just tempt me out of retirement, plus of course a penthouse in LA and a chauffeur driven Bentley.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I don’t like people being negative for the sake of it and slagging our sport off at every opportunity, BUT people have every right to slag the RFL/Super League off for this one. They’ve made a massive blunder moving it from Newcastle to Liverpool and the most frustrating thing is that everyone could see it from the moment the rumours started. It was met with almost universal derision and the alarms bells should’ve been ringing at that point.

A lot of things within Rugby League needed changing and improving at the start of the year and I think because of that, whoever is making these decisions has assumed that EVERYTHING needed a revamp.

Magic Weekend in Newcastle had been a highlight of our calendar for a few years and should never have been touched.

I just hope those in power aren’t too stubborn to go back.
    Last edited by The Yellow Giraffe; 22nd May 2019 at 18:53.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I don’t like people being negative for the sake of it and slagging our sport off at every opportunity, BUT people have every right to slag the RFL/Super League off for this one. They’ve made a massive blunder moving it from Newcastle to Liverpool and the most frustrating thing is that everyone could see it from the moment the rumours started. It was met with almost universal derision and the alarms bells should’ve been ringing at that point.

A lot of things within Rugby League needed changing and improving at the start of the year and I think because of that, whoever is making these decisions has assumed that EVERYTHING needed a revamp.

Magic Weekend in Newcastle had been a highlight of our calendar for a few years and should never have been touched.

I just hope those in power aren’t too stubborn to go back.

My work is giving them away, ten per person for individual days, 2 per person for full weekend.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    My work is giving them away, ten per person for individual days, 2 per person for full weekend.
    The NHS have been given nearly 1000 today too.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
    Have your work bought some sort of corporate package from the RFL, and are treating their staff? = Good
    Or...
    Are the RFL getting desperate and literally giving tickets away to whoever will take them? = Bad (obviously!)

Is suspect (and hope) that it's a corporate thing, which happens in every sport.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Newcastle has had the European Cup Final for Rugby Union this month. I would imagine they are now in the process of returfing the stadium and planned a few years in advance as well.

The problems I see raised the most (nowhere to drink, nowhere to park, not close to the city) ....that stadium gets the better part of 50k every other weekend and mid week with out any hassle.

Stanley park is being made into a fan zone. Plenty of ale at the stadium and pubs in the area. 15 min cab ride into the city.

Is the housing by Anfield nice? Not particularly, but you aint going house viewing are you?

Oh and for the record....the Rock n Roll half and full Marathons wont affect the roads around the stadium.

*gets down off soap box*

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Hear hear

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Sabotage? I'm going on Sunday, so I'm doing my bit. I've tried even getting the usual lot who come to Saints cup finals and big matches to come and no one is in the slightest bit interested. The fixtures are largely terrible, the location isn't attractive unless you support Liverpool, there is nothing around the ground to do. Moving it to Liverpool wasn't a great choice to be fair. Sounds like Newcastle had a bigger event to host so couldn't accomodate it, but Liverpool was a poor choice.

Upside
    Non Members

What is the purpose of magic weekend? Considering the bigger picture, is magic weekend to give the usual fan a weekend away?

Upside
    Non Members

Should have done this, should have done that, all these marketing and major sport expansion experts on forums, I wish they worked for the RFL or SL because they have all the answers and would have us bigger than union in no time

In The South Stand

What is the purpose of magic weekend? Considering the bigger picture, is magic weekend to give the usual fan a weekend away?
    I guess it's to showcase the sport. But doing it in such a way that they regular fan gets a decent day out is the best way to go. If building the sport in Liverpool is part of the plan, then every child in Liverpool should be offered a ticket, masssively discounted or even free if an adult goes with them. I know they've been into a couple of Liverpool schools over the last couple of weeks, but they should have done them all. There should have been promotions in the city centre, adverts on billboards. Social media is fine, they've done okay on there, but they need to do more to market it.

Eventually, Union are going to do their version of it and you know it'll be completely blanket marketed, covered by Talksport and the papers and Sky for weeks. They'll sell every seat. The RFL and Super League just don't put enough effort into it. Too little commercial sense, insufficient funding and a complete lack of competence and care. Magic Weekend as a concept is fine. But schedule it better, plan the fixtures better, make them mean something and market the hell out of it. Done properly marketing can be relatively cheap, just got to plan and put the effort in.

In The South Stand

Should have done this, should have done that, all these marketing and major sport expansion experts on forums, I wish they worked for the RFL or SL because they have all the answers and would have us bigger than union in no time
    They're not doing a very good job though, hence the criticism. If Magic Weekend was sold out, there would be nothing to complain about would there. The news about RL this week is the head of SL defending the sport, saying it's marquee event will break even. All negative, reactionary press. Rugby League had an enormous opportunity presented to them with Super League on Sky and hasn't exploited it nearly well enough. It's hard to argue the sport professionally in this country is in tatters.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Throw out every fan that complains and you will also be rebuilding the fanbase.

Upside
    Non Members

They're not doing a very good job though, hence the criticism. If Magic Weekend was sold out, there would be nothing to complain about would there. The news about RL this week is the head of SL defending the sport, saying it's marquee event will break even. All negative, reactionary press. Rugby League had an enormous opportunity presented to them with Super League on Sky and hasn't exploited it nearly well enough. It's hard to argue the sport professionally in this country is in tatters.
    Tatters? I think you're losing the plot

Biggest aggregate attendance in SL history this year
    Biggest single attendance at a game
    First SL fixture in Spain
    A new venue for magic taking to another new audience
    Last years academy beat the Aussies
    Faster game play with rules changes
    Sponsor extends sponsorship by two years

But forget that, a new audience and venture didn't sell as many tickets as last year so let's sack everyone!

Upside
    Non Members

If you sack em all when they make an error you have to bring more people in, where from?

What happens when they make an error, sack them as well

Use money to recruit more people

Who interviews them?

Who's accountable, RFL, SL?

If SL that's the clubs, who sacks them?

No worry, don't think it through, just claim you know better on a forum and tell everyone they don't know what they're doing

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Throw out every fan that complains and you will also be rebuilding the fanbase.
    Complains maybe, slagging off no, only themnoisey few know it all slag everyone and everything off all the time, they are the problem with RL

Upside
    Non Members

I guess it's to showcase the sport. But doing it in such a way that they regular fan gets a decent day out is the best way to go. If building the sport in Liverpool is part of the plan, then every child in Liverpool should be offered a ticket, masssively discounted or even free if an adult goes with them. I know they've been into a couple of Liverpool schools over the last couple of weeks, but they should have done them all. There should have been promotions in the city centre, adverts on billboards. Social media is fine, they've done okay on there, but they need to do more to market it.

Eventually, Union are going to do their version of it and you know it'll be completely blanket marketed, covered by Talksport and the papers and Sky for weeks. They'll sell every seat. The RFL and Super League just don't put enough effort into it. Too little commercial sense, insufficient funding and a complete lack of competence and care. Magic Weekend as a concept is fine. But schedule it better, plan the fixtures better, make them mean something and market the hell out of it. Done properly marketing can be relatively cheap, just got to plan and put the effort in.
    Effort? We are a fraction of the size of union, we have far far less money, less footprint, less clubs, less exposure but some people think we can somehow match them in marketing! If Sky promote their game more than ours how if that RLs fault?
    We are a small sport trying our best to get exposure, give players and fans a new experience, take the game to new markets.

All I hear is free tickets, that's a terrible business plan, ask anyone who works in business and nobody will say sell your product for nothing is a good business idea

Also, I assume you are not a child going to school in Liverpool, so how do you know it hasn't been promoted, I have family in Liverpool and they've been telling me about it for weeks, but guess what someone else knows better

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
    Have your work bought some sort of corporate package from the RFL, and are treating their staff? = Good
    Or...
    Are the RFL getting desperate and literally giving tickets away to whoever will take them? = Bad (obviously!)

Is suspect (and hope) that it's a corporate thing, which happens in every sport.
    Work in the NHS mate.

Got A Season Ticket

I'd love to go to Magic Weekend, but I live in Canterbury and would need to go up early on Saturday morning and stay two nights in Liverpool. I spent a lot of time looking for a hotel that wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg and be reasonably comfortable. Three hundred and fifty quid and rising for two nights. I'm sorry, but ridiculous. Staying at Carr Mill or even W***n and taking a train in would have been feasible but awkward. Compare that to Newcastle last year, with the stadium in the city centre... In the end it wasn't feasible to go up this year.

I find it ironic that union gets so much from league, is tedious in the extreme (e.g. fifteen phases of play with forwards just bashing each other) but seems to be more popular. I just can't fathom it.