Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Magic Weekend Ticket Sales

Got A Season Ticket

My first Magic Weekend and really enjoyed it, easy travelling and close to home.
    If it’s at Anfield next year I will go again, however, if it’s at Newcastle or Cardiff etc. I won’t.

Great atmosphere and we seemed to take over the whole if the Kop, a great day.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Enjoyed my two days at Anfield. Living a 15 min walk from stadium cuts out any travel problems facing many others.

Speaking to a Steward, he claims that Saturday and Sunday's alcohol was entirely consumed on the Saturday and the organisers spent Saturday night Sunday morning getting in supplies for today.

Had a friend go, who in his own words, doesnt know the first thing about rugby. But was completely taken in by the physical nature of the game.

All in all, £30 for a Kop End ticket, 5 games of rugby (i missed Salford vs KR) and drinking with my family. Cant beat it.

If I was to change anything it would be not having the YNWA song played. I'm a Liverpool fan, but I dont think it was needed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I think any football supporter who went to their first RL game would be surprised that players weren't writhing on the floor after having their shorts brushed by a passing player. Tommy Mako Kopped a stiff arm to the mouth and chin yet he got up and brushed it off no looking for non existing blood TAKE NOTE wendy ball players.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The South Stand

I enjoyed today. I've not been to many recent Magic Weekends but thought it was decent. The concept is a great one I feel, but just feel they could do so much more with it. The fixtures need to be better than they were this time, give fans of the clubs involved a reason to be there. Also, the fan village stuff was okay, there was stuff there, but ramp it up a notch, make that worth going to even without the rugby inside the stadium. They can do that without spending any money as well, just encourage more businesses, food vendors etc to get involved in it. Obviously they need to showcase the sponsors and their things, like the mushy pea thing, but no reason there couldn't be more stuff there. They should have a look at music festivals and how they do things. A unique wristband as part of the ticket price, based on the club you support and the city the event is held in etc. So much potential there, make the marketing departments from each SL club get together and give them pretty much free reign and see what they can make of it.

Noooobie

Really enjoyed it - we’ve been to just about all the magic weekends. The atmosphere was great but I think that was because there was less of interest outside the ground. The first game of the weekend definitely had more there than usual but there was little to encourage fans to stay out! We missed the nearness of the city centre that Newcastle and Cardiff offered.
    As an aside, the bar staff revealed that they had sold more beer over the weekend than they would do at 8 premier league matches and that on the Saturday night they had to get emergency supplies from the Echo Arena!

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

For those of you interested in comparisons...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Weekend#Attendances

I'm not sure what the impact on numbers caused by replacing Widnes with London is, but that is one factor to consider.
    Because of other commitments, I could only make it to our game plus a little walk round the town centre, so it's difficult for me to compare it with the previous years (where I've stayed over and done the weekend). From what I saw though, I have no complaints, and would be happy with Anfield again next year if it happens.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    For those of you interested in comparisons...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Weekend#Attendances

I'm not sure what the impact on numbers caused by replacing Widnes with London is, but that is one factor to consider.
    Because of other commitments, I could only make it to our game plus a little walk round the town centre, so it's difficult for me to compare it with the previous years (where I've stayed over and done the weekend). From what I saw though, I have no complaints, and would be happy with Anfield again next year if it happens.
    A poll would be useful, of those who attended whomwould go again? Of those who didn't would they consider it next time?

I went the kop bar, I enjoyed it, £3.50 a pint

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    A poll would be useful, of those who attended whomwould go again? Of those who didn't would they consider it next time?

I went the kop bar, I enjoyed it, £3.50 a pint
    I'd deffo go again . I thought it was brilliant and despite the fixtures looking unappealing on paper they turned out to be good. The stadium is world class , the whole event was great. If I had a choice of venue I'd choose the Etihad , but as a Saints fan give me Anfield over Newcastle every time.

Learning All The Songs

Without reading the whole thread; would people prefer us to play Wigan, or is that just to many derbies in a season. For me, I like a saints v Wigan fixture, or Warrington
    I

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I had no complaints, managed to park up easy enough and home for half eight which was great seeing as I took the little one..

It'll be interesting to see how many went their first magic over the weekend, for those complaining it wasn't worth making a weekend of it, there's probably a similar figure who liked the fact they didn't have to travel three hours, pay for fuel, food, hotel etc. However that was still an option for people, and there was probably more a mixture of weekenders, people on the beer for a day, and people for their match.. for a family of 4 it's probably doable for about £80 for a day vs potentially £300, and everything in-between

I thought the fact it is out the city kept people there, and it certainly looked that way on TV with no mass exodus we usually see..

As for next season, I think in hindsight the fixtures worked on league placings, 2 games within 2 points, 2 close and two not so close. On current league (I know it won't finish like this) but Saints Wire, Catalans Hull, Cas Wakey, Salford Huddersfield, Wigan Leeds, Hull KR Toronto, looks good on paper.

Other suggestions, maybe a family section with no alcohol, only needs to be a block either end of the KD Stand, you only notice these things when you take the kids but groups of drunken lads (which again isn't an issue) next to families may cause issues, I know they do a similar thing at cricket..

I'd also look at increasing the fan park, maybe LFC have got some figures they can go to trader's with for next year to charge a bit more for their stalls.

All in all I was happy, only been to Cardiff before, which was a good weekend away, but I didn't come away from Anfield disappointed

I very much enjoyed Sunday. The atmosphere was nice - not as intense as a final or semi, with people having a laugh and getting on with each other. The stadium operated in a slick fashion. I went to get a pint* at HT and FT of each match and never had to queue for more than 5 minutes (despite being in a quite full Kop). As a stadium I think it's fine for it, then.

I think the reduced attendance does bear out some of the concerns about the choice of venue, though. One thing I noticed was that I hardly saw anyone in the colours of the teams that played on Saturday, which suggests that people were treating it more like an away fixture, rocking up for their match and then going home.

One thing that is worth noting for the future: if Everton manage to pull off their stadium project on the waterfront then that will be a perfect venue for this event.

*When I say 'pint', I mean a £4 can of Tetley ... one of the reasons it would have been nice to be able to nip out to a proper pub between matches.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I very much enjoyed Sunday. The atmosphere was nice - not as intense as a final or semi, with people having a laugh and getting on with each other. The stadium operated in a slick fashion. I went to get a pint* at HT and FT of each match and never had to queue for more than 5 minutes (despite being in a quite full Kop). As a stadium I think it's fine for it, then.

I think the reduced attendance does bear out some of the concerns about the choice of venue, though. One thing I noticed was that I hardly saw anyone in the colours of the teams that played on Saturday, which suggests that people were treating it more like an away fixture, rocking up for their match and then going home.

One thing that is worth noting for the future: if Everton manage to pull off their stadium project on the waterfront then that will be a perfect venue for this event.

*When I say 'pint', I mean a £4 can of Tetley ... one of the reasons it would have been nice to be able to nip out to a proper pub between matches.
    Agree, something we spoke about on Saturday. Also not as many neutral fans as in previous years.
    We went into Tess Rileys for a couple of drinks and then a taxi up to Arkles to meet up with some friend, good atmosphere in there pre and post match and no trouble at all. A Liverpool man came to me in Arkles and said it was a credit to our game how the fans could mix in the way they did.

Only moan was that the Saturday games should kick off earlier, we caught the 22:17 and it was rammed, but we didn't want to risk the last one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djdegsy View Post
    Without reading the whole thread; would people prefer us to play Wigan, or is that just to many derbies in a season. For me, I like a saints v Wigan fixture, or Warrington
    I
    I love watching us play Wigan, but don;t want to see it at Magic. I think too much of it would spoil it.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

It's hard getting the fixtures right, play just derbies and its to many in a season, playing fixtures based on last year's final position is the fairest but could also give advantages to other teams (for example whoever was lucky to play Wigan this year ). I read somewhere that the magic weekend should be put on at the quarter final stage of the CC. I think that would be a great idea and then the semi final a week or 2 after it at neutral grounds but with the momentum behind them to generate ticket sales.

Upside
    Non Members

My initial thoughts from the coments is people enjoyed anfield but it was a different magic experience, not necessarily worse or better but different which suits some but not all

Question for people, if it's there again next year do you think numbers will grow?

Learning All The Songs

If it's there next year I'd just go for our game then leave. Impossible to sit in those Kop seats for more than 10 minutes without severe cramp. Also, it is supposed to be a festival showcase, but there was no festival, no entertainment and no outside village fun and games. It is basically just all 6 games played at one venue. All very nice and good fun and all but definitely not a festival.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    If it's there next year I'd just go for our game then leave. Impossible to sit in those Kop seats for more than 10 minutes without severe cramp. Also, it is supposed to be a festival showcase, but there was no festival, no entertainment and no outside village fun and games. It is basically just all 6 games played at one venue. All very nice and good fun and all but definitely not a festival.
    I didn't go yesterday because of that, last time I went there was a big fat bloke in front of me and I've got long legs, my knees were almost on his shoulders had to stand up every 10 mins for a couple of seconds.