Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Magic weekend food and drink policy?

Learning All The Songs HitTheWall's Avatar

Default Magic weekend food and drink policy?

Does anyone know what the situation is with regards to being able to take your own food and drink into the ground on Magic Weekend? Also will fans be allowed to consume alcohol pitch side do you reckon what with it being a football ground?
    Thanks in advance
    "If you think training is hard, try losing"

Can’t say for certain with Anfield, but at the Etihad, they took it off you and binned it before they’d let you in. Even searched kids bags. Stopped going to magic because of this.
    You could eat & drink anything you bought in the ground at your seat though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs HitTheWall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    Can’t say for certain with Anfield, but at the Etihad, they took it off you and binned it before they’d let you in. Even searched kids bags. Stopped going to magic because of this.
    You could eat & drink anything you bought in the ground at your seat though.

IIRC that was only the first year at the Ethiad but the following year you were allowed to take your own stuff in, and you were also allowed in Newcastle?
    "If you think training is hard, try losing"

Quote Originally Posted by HitTheWall View Post
    IIRC that was only the first year at the Ethiad but the following year you were allowed to take your own stuff in, and you were also allowed in Newcastle?
    That’s opposite my experience! I was ok the first time, then the last 2 times there they searched me and 3 12 year old boys, took all their food & drinks- decided it wasn’t worth taking them if that was going to happen!

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I would expect that you will be able to take stuff bought inside the ground to pitch side. I don't think I've been to any RL event at a football ground where this wasn't possible.
    I'm not so sure about bringing your own stuff. My guess is that they wouldn't allow you to bring in glass bottles etc for obvious reasons.
    There are several website links to T&C's on the back of the ticket including the LFC one, but I doubt if that will help you. It's obviously going to be aimed at Football.
    There's also the RFL Customer Service Centre no. 08448561113 on there. They might know...LOL!

Banned

Never had problems taking butties/biscuits in, but I tend to stash any drinks (like fruit shoots or plastic water bottles) as a matter of habit

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Seems you can get 'pass outs' to leave the ground, and come back in, and fans are allowed to sup alcohol whilst watching the game..not sure about bringing your own beverages in though. (Link below)

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...comes-16271366

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    Seems you can get 'pass outs' to leave the ground, and come back in, and fans are allowed to sup alcohol whilst watching the game..not sure about bringing your own beverages in though. (Link below)

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...comes-16271366
    Gerrin Ma Kelly's "central" Budgie its buzzing , the one behind the tower .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

" Fans arriving at the stadium with a small personal bag (i.e. handbag/medical bag) should expect this to be searched and tagged before entry. Bringing a bag may delay your entry and in some cases may lead to non-entry to the stadium.
    Please do not bring large bags or luggage (such as rucksacks/briefcases/suitcases/suit bags etc.) to Anfield as they cannot be brought into the stadium."

So from this I guess a bag with a few butties and crisps will be ok!! Not sure about drinks but might risk a bottle or 2 of sprite
    Eddie and Stevo are true fans Just shite commentators

Eddie: “Sculthorpe wants to get on with it, Bradford counting down”.

Stevo: “Kick and chase now!”

Eddie: “This is the last play…Long…kicks it wide to Iro. Iro to Hall, Hall is trapped, back it goes to Hoppe, over the shoulder to Hall…there is Jonkers, here is Long…and Long fancies it…Long fancies it…it’s wide to West…It’s wide to West! Dwayne West! Inside to Joynt, Joynt, JOYYYYYNT! Oh! Oh! Fantastic! They’ve won it! They’ve won it!”

Starting A Programme Collection

How times have changed, in 1976 at Wembley you could take anything in I took a twelve pack in to share with mates,we must have been sqeeky clean in those days lol