Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 19 Man Squad v Salford - NO ROBY

Got A Season Ticket

If the ball was stripped by Griffin then it is play on Bentley regathers and scores.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Unbelievable game that tonight easily my favourite of the season so far (for the viewing not who we beat) yes there were mistakes but my god it was end to end stuff. Win or loose that game you can't say you weren't entertained. We had some quality sat in the stands, it showed and we still managed to nick it at the end. Some of you lot need to give some credit rather than just saying everything's terrible. Both sides take a bow especially after some of the poor games that's been on TV recently

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Great entertainment but for 50 minutes we were terrible. First and last 15 minute spells won it but the middle was appalling at times. The defence, on Lui on particular, was shocking.

Pleased for Bentley on the winning try but I take back what I said a few weeks ago about him being able to play hooker, his distribution was shocking.

Another win at least but it’s 2 weeks on the trot we’ve won without playing well.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

We played well for the first 10 mins and the last 10. The inbetween was our worst performance of the season. It was as if someone pressed a button after the Lui try and said you’d better up the tempo or else you will get beat. Walmsley and Bentley were great in the last 10.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Great entertainment but for 50 minutes we were terrible. First and last 15 minute spells won it but the middle was appalling at times. The defence, on Lui on particular, was shocking.

Pleased for Bentley on the winning try but I take back what I said a few weeks ago about him being able to play hooker, his distribution was shocking.

Another win at least but it’s 2 weeks on the trot we’ve won without playing well.
    I have no idea what Bentleys position is, but I can’t help but like him

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Unbelievable game that tonight easily my favourite of the season so far (for the viewing not who we beat) yes there were mistakes but my god it was end to end stuff. Win or loose that game you can't say you weren't entertained. We had some quality sat in the stands, it showed and we still managed to nick it at the end. Some of you lot need to give some credit rather than just saying everything's terrible. Both sides take a bow especially after some of the poor games that's been on TV recently
    I have to admit to not being entertained for a majority of that game from a Saints fan point of view. Neither coach can be happy with the performances tonight.

Banned

We switched off after going 16-0 up and struggled to get back into it after that. I thought they controlled the ruck and ultimately, controlled us.

But, You’ll do well to see better half back performances this season than Lui and Hastings tonight.

We desperately need an organising 7 and if he’s available, we should be throwing money at Hastings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better team lost tonight but I was enthralled.
    I really enjoyed that. Lui & Hastings showed us up a bit but to sort ourselves out like we did I am chuffed to bits with

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Great win. Salford played probably as well as they can do and to ride that without both our centres, Thompson, Roby, LMS was pleasing. That said we made them look good at times some real soft tries.

Walmsley was phenomenal, Reagan Grace, form winger of the comp.

Learning All The Songs

An absolute shambles defensively but a great comeback in the end. The past few weeks have shown Fages can’t be first choice scrum half beyond this season, he’s actually doing well for someone who clearly isn’t a natural in that position. I hope he turns down the contract offer and we use the money to go for Hastings instead. I’ve said this for about the past month but what people see in Paulo I don’t know. That penalty for obstruction summed him up. Kyle Amor is another who is well out of his depth and a waste of space. If I was Douglas I’d be fuming sat watching him.

It’s a big win really as you’d fancy Wire to win tomorrow but that’s 3 questionable performances in a row and I do worry that it’s going to take a loss to break the cycle of poor performances, especially with the cup game being in a couple of weeks. Suppose it’s not easy to build consistency when there’s 4 or 5 missing each week though. Having the likes of Costello in the team really weakens us, hopefully at least 2 of LMS, Thompson and Percival are back in time for Wakefield.

Started off great and you wondered how many we’d score. Then a bit of sloppiness and bounce of the ball against us and we were on the back foot. What is concerning is that when we are not playing well our way of addressing that is to are try too hard to score off every set. It showed in the last 15 minutes that the only way to get yourself back into the game is to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in, the points came on the back of that.

All that said, some of the tackling and passing, especially from dummy half, was very poor. Salford do deserve a fair bit of credit though, a very decent performance

Starting A Programme Collection

I hope all those posters who have been advocating the return of Swift with Makinson at center will now put a lid on it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Really enjoyed that game and lucky to get the win, we had the first and last quarters Salford had the second and third quarters. Our defence was fully tested and floundered against some great attack play from Salford, dont think they made too many errors but started to run out of gas in the last 10 mins.

On a slightly negative note Lomax was poor for large parts of the game, for me Paulo and Peyroux got us momentum back aided and abetted by Captain Walmsley, I think we are starting to miss Thompson and LMS now, but a typical Saints fightback is alive and well and we will take the two points despite some of the controversy.

Great for the neutral. Salford were impressive and will feel robbed but we showed some character in the end and Justin will be feeling mightily relieved with his selection.
    Plan to watch first and last 15 minutes later, lol.

Starting A Programme Collection

U
    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Really enjoyed that game and lucky to get the win, we had the first and last quarters Salford had the second and third quarters. Our defence was fully tested and floundered against some great attack play from Salford, dont think they made too many errors but started to run out of gas in the last 10 mins.

On a slightly negative note Lomax was poor for large parts of the game, [/B][/B]for me Paulo and Peyroux got us momentum back aided and abetted by Captain Walmsley, I think we are starting to miss Thompson and LMS now, but a typical Saints fightback is alive and well and we will take the two points despite some of the controversy.
    I think you’ll find that Lomax was carrying a shoulder injury for a large part of that game. Credit to him.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    An absolute shambles defensively but a great comeback in the end. The past few weeks have shown Fages can’t be first choice scrum half beyond this season, he’s actually doing well for someone who clearly isn’t a natural in that position. I hope he turns down the contract offer and we use the money to go for Hastings instead. I’ve said this for about the past month but what people see in Paulo I don’t know. That penalty for obstruction summed him up. Kyle Amor is another who is well out of his depth and a waste of space. If I was Douglas I’d be fuming sat watching him.

It’s a big win really as you’d fancy Wire to win tomorrow but that’s 3 questionable performances in a row and I do worry that it’s going to take a loss to break the cycle of poor performances, especially with the cup game being in a couple of weeks. Suppose it’s not easy to build consistency when there’s 4 or 5 missing each week though. Having the likes of Costello in the team really weakens us, hopefully at least 2 of LMS, Thompson and Percival are back in time for Wakefield.
    Are you team Danny R for next week? ��

(Also Paulo wasn’t penalised for obstruction, Knowles was offside on the kick he put in)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    U
    I think you’ll find that Lomax was carrying a shoulder injury for a large part of that game. Credit to him.
    Looked like he got a stinger early on. He’s taken a few knocks the last couple of weeks.

Maybe give him a rest next week?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    U
    Yes I noticed that around the 10 minute mark, but he didn't get his options right and was nowhere near being in our top 3 M.O.M voting. Hope he gets back to his best when we play the quarter final.

As an aside I thought the crowd was terrible. We are so quiet there. Like we rock up expecting to win 60-0 every week

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Your posts do bemuse me.
    You hope Fages doesn’t sign a new contract? He’s been brilliant this season.
    Paulo played well again when he came on and Amor also, he was much better than Ashworth who seems to be out of sorts at the minute, do you want to get rid of him too?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

We tend to lose composure at times and concentration eg shambling back not realising it was a 40 20. But Salford played very well for 50 mins. We struggled when Walmesley and Lees were off for go forward. Paulo came on and was a calming influence and he is underestimated for me. We still need to calm down in the face of an adverse score which we did in the last 15.
    Credit to salford who I thought were great.
    Learned comment from The Don

We are missing Thommo and LMS when Walmsley is off the pitch.

Winning ugly when the chips are down is the sign of a championship team though...
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

This entire first paragraph blows my mind.

Wtf?! Takes all kinds to make a world I guess.

Hobbies include rewiring microwave ovens and meeting firemen.

Nolite te B*stards Carborundorum

@AJ_1878

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Delighted for James Bentley, who along with other has had to work very hard, drop down a division with us etc to get back in the team.
    BUT if Mikalauskas hadn't awarded a try 'on the field' there is no way the decision would have been overturned (in my opinion). Enjoyable game for the neutrals though, and well done in fighting back to win.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    Delighted for James Bentley, who along with other has had to work very hard, drop down a division with us etc to get back in the team.
    BUT if Mikalauskas hadn't awarded a try 'on the field' there is no way the decision would have been overturned (in my opinion). Enjoyable game for the neutrals though, and well done in fighting back to win.
    Watch it at full speed - the ball rolls as he hits the deck sure, but that doesn’t mean he lost control. His hand was underneath it the whole time, and as he rolls over he clearly has control - if he had lost control you simply can’t get a one handed grip like that in a single motion. Sky don’t show it at 1/60th of a second frame by frame, no one blinks an eyelid