Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leeds

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr chips View Post
    Can some one tell me how we have a commentator who doesn’t know all the rules of rl. John Kerr had to explain to Robbie Paul the rule about moving of the mark. He hadn’t a clue. So many good ex players who could do better.
    Wilkin will be taking his post up after this season.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

It's interesting how little most people actually care about Leeds struggling. For all their self-hype about being the biggest club in Super League they were merely a trophy rival for us and Wigan, etc.

If Wigan went down it would be huge, and if we went down it would be huge for Wigan and Wire. When Leeds went into the Middle 8s did anyone really care other than to have a giggle? Much like Bradford, make big waves when doing well, and have a fanbase that thinks it has huge rivalries with the other big clubs. But at the end of the day, when they struggle they kind of get ignored.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    It's interesting how little most people actually care about Leeds struggling. For all their self-hype about being the biggest club in Super League they were merely a trophy rival for us and Wigan, etc.

If Wigan went down it would be huge, and if we went down it would be huge for Wigan and Wire. When Leeds went into the Middle 8s did anyone really care other than to have a giggle? Much like Bradford, make big waves when doing well, and have a fanbase that thinks it has huge rivalries with the other big clubs. But at the end of the day, when they struggle they kind of get ignored.
    Living near Leeds with plenty of Rhinos supporting mates it would be huge for me if they went down. Obviously Wigan are the biggest rivals but for me Leeds are much bigger rivals than Warrington.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection

Shaun Wane is now saying he would be interested in returning to coach
    either Leeds or Wigan . I still cannot understand why Wigan let him go .

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Shaun Wane told the club he wanted a new challenge and his contract was up, Wig*n had no say in the matter.
    When he left I thought he’d be back in 12 months (to the game that is) so not surprised by this. Can see him wanting the Wig*n job first.

Learning All The Songs

Now the play the ball has been cleaned up will Wane’s tactics be as effective?

Banned

I got told that his relationship with Lenagan had broken down and that’s why he left. So I’d be surprised if he went back to the crusts but stranger things have happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post

Having watched the Huddersfield v Saeints game on Sunday I’d say the ruck was slower than ever.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Speed of the game depends on the fitness of the ref.
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Having watched the Huddersfield v Saeints game on Sunday I’d say the ruck was slower than ever.
    I remember a while ago when we had that ref for the first time, I can recall saying on here it was the slowest ruck I had ever seen. Players were just lying on top motionless for several seconds. Surreal

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Speed of the game depends on the fitness of the ref.

His handling of the ruck was an utter disgrace.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Maybe Wane knew when to jump. Sinking ship, rats etc. Could be he was cleverer than we gave him credit for, could be back on an improved contract?

Got A Season Ticket

Wane isn't stupid at all. He's a smart bloke.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    Wane isn't stupid at all. He's a smart bloke.
    He does well to disguise it, then. Listening to him talk, you'd think he'd been dropped on the head many times as a baby.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    It was certainly much better at the start of the season. However, The Crust Munchers have been allowed to return to their previous tactics without punishment, something which certainly wasn't permitted at the start of the season. Which I reckon was the reason for their poor start (one reason among many), they've only improved as their old tried and tested tactics have been permitted by the officials to make a return. Huddersfield, upon seeing this were doing the same at the weekend. The game had improved and sped up so much, I really hope that it's not going to go backwards to accommodate The Pies getting in to the top five.

Default Double movement

Quote Originally Posted by oldun View Post
    Is it called the momentum rule
    Unless your a Wigan player where double movements are okay, as demonstrated last Sunday.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    I got told that his relationship with Lenagan had broken down and that’s why he left. So I’d be surprised if he went back to the crusts but stranger things have happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Been told similar, due to how much the playing department budget was being slashed constantly

I think the link with a return to RL is being overplayed a bit. In the actual interview he just says that he’d have a conversation with anyone career move wise when asked about Leeds and then when asked if that includes Wigan he says yes. He made a point of saying how much he’s enjoying a bit more family time etc so I can’t see him returning just yet, but you never know I suppose

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I think the link with a return to RL is being overplayed a bit. In the actual interview he just says that he’d have a conversation with anyone career move wise when asked about Leeds and then when asked if that includes Wigan he says yes. He made a point of saying how much he’s enjoying a bit more family time etc so I can’t see him returning just yet, but you never know I suppose
    It isn't he will be at Leeds very soon .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I imagine Wane will soon get tired of family time .

In The South Stand

It was always funny when we got “impersonations” of Wane on here but his record speaks for itself and he’s clearly a good motivator. However, this section of his interview made me smile:

"You just need to put it on the line and tell people straight what you expect, how you behave away from the club...”

He may have told them but it didn’t take did it?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    He does well to disguise it, then. Listening to him talk, you'd think he'd been dropped on the head many times as a baby.
    It's called an accent. I'd agree it doesnt always sound great but it doesn't render him stupid and if you have ever met him you'd understand he is far from dumb - he isn't and is actually a really nice bloke.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    It was always funny when we got “impersonations” of Wane on here but his record speaks for itself and he’s clearly a good motivator.
    You are right.
    Saints supporters loved to hate him and take the mick, a lot of that because he was good at what he did.
    In his years in charge at Wigan the team overachieved, that seems evident given this season.
    We, during the same time period, have arguably underachieved.
    As a Saints supporter I hope he doesn't end up at Leeds or Wigan, but I'd like to see him involved at GB or England level.

Got A Season Ticket

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    Saints supporters loved to hate him and take the mick, a lot of that because he was good at what he did.
    In his years in charge at Wigan the team overachieved, that seems evident given this season.
    This - I loved to "hate" him - but he was a damn good coach at Wigan!
    If he'd have done the same at Saints - he'd be a club legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    As a Saints supporter I hope he doesn't end up at Leeds or Wigan, but I'd like to see him involved at GB or England level.
    Couldn't agree more!

Got A Season Ticket

It was a interesting podcast Wane did showed a different side of himself I liked the bit where he said Mcilorum was a wild man but then almost all rugby league players are flawed characters