Thread: Leeds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Default Leeds

Sh**e. Nuff said
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Embarrassing. But rather funny.

Absolutely awful. Their attack is like that of a young kids team where they make it up tackle by tackle. It wasn’t even clear who their play makers were

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Always liked Lilley and he delivered again today.

Him and McGuire would have done a much better job than the likes of Sutcliffe and Lolohea.
    Their defence is shocking also, really shocking.

Learning All The Songs

and we thought we were bad with Cunningham.

Made up, Herrington wanted to wipe Bradford of the map so Leeds could get all the fans from West Yorkshire.

Starting A Programme Collection

[QUOTE=Bostik Bailey;760640]and we thought we were bad with Cunningham.

Made up, Herrington wanted to wipe Bradford of the map so Leeds could get all the fans from West Yorkshire.[/QUOTE
    Taxi for Agar. ��
    Last edited by knowsleyroaders; 11th May 2019 at 16:48. Reason: Wrong

Taxi foe Agar

😂

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Always liked Lilley and he delivered again today.

Him and McGuire would have done a much better job than the likes of Sutcliffe and Lolohea.
    Their defence is shocking also, really shocking.
    I never understood them getting rid of Lilley. When he first broke into the first team 3 years ago he looked the real deal. He looked like a proper good little 7 and ticked all the boxes. Unless he has an attitude problem maybe.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I never understood them getting rid of Lilley. When he first broke into the first team 3 years ago he looked the real deal. He looked like a proper good little 7 and ticked all the boxes. Unless he has an attitude problem maybe.
    Same, whilst he may never be a world beater he’s better than what they’ve got now. I don’t think he has an attitude problem, he plays fully committed unlike the majority of that Leeds team and spoke very well and respectfully of Leeds after the match.

Seems a nice lad with a good attitude.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Same, whilst he may never be a world beater he’s better than what they’ve got now. I don’t think he has an attitude problem, he plays fully committed unlike the majority of that Leeds team and spoke very well and respectfully of Leeds after the match.

Seems a nice lad with a good attitude.
    Myler is a far better player which says a lot. He’s a poor scrum half who was out with a point to prove today and he put in a good shift but the last thing Leeds need is players of his ability. Found his level in the championship.

They play Cas next Thursday. Both out of the cup.

Banned

You won’t win many matches if you can’t defend.

I don’t watch Leeds much but I’ve seen the last 2 games and they’ve conceded far too many easy tries on their own line. There’s no desire to stop their line being breached.

If they can sort their defence out they might have a chance of winning a few matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    You won’t win many matches if you can’t defend.

I don’t watch Leeds much but I’ve seen the last 2 games and they’ve conceded far too many easy tries on their own line. There’s no desire to stop their line being breached.

If they can sort their defence out they might have a chance of winning a few matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Defence is dire, this thread shows there several issues that all need addressing. In that case it needs going back to basics and building again

I just don't see why Furner was the problem? What was he doing so wrong? What can someone else bring that he couldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Defence is dire, this thread shows there several issues that all need addressing. In that case it needs going back to basics and building again

I just don't see why Furner was the problem? What was he doing so wrong? What can someone else bring that he couldn't?
    Agree completely. Been made a scapegoat for me

Sinfield’s interview pre match with Carney was fascinating. He clearly felt very uncomfortable when asked directly about the Furner sacking. He also said that the club was”rotten” - language which shocked me in its honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Sinfield’s interview pre match with Carney was fascinating. He clearly felt very uncomfortable when asked directly about the Furner sacking. He also said that the club was”rotten” - language which shocked me in its honesty.
    It was refreshing to see a RL broadcaster actually ask some difficult questions. If I were a Leeds fan I'm not sure how I'd feel about Sinfield's weird doublethink about Furner definitely being the right man for the job despite having just sacked him halfway through his first season. There's a touch of the KCs about it.

Got A Season Ticket

Another Sky Super League match I turned off before the end, and currently it will not be the last! Never remember turning off an NRL game, said for years people who say it is the greatest game have lost the plot! not the way it is at present.

Banned

Notwithstanding that Hetherington is a parochial arsehole who seems to place the interests of Leeds above the game in general, I struggle to see how the club could be 'rotten'

In the 00's, Leeds brought through a core of top quality players at a similar time, and added some quality recruits. Yes, they had a lot of luck during their run of GF successes, but they were a force for a fair few years on the back of that player group. As we ourselves know only too well, replacing a group of top quality players who've delivered success is a very difficult process to get right. It looks from the outside that the replacement players Leeds brought in have been below the same quality, and the very promising young players they placed a fair bit of reliance on haven't kicked-on. They've thrown some money at the problem for this season, with Merrin, Hurrell and Lolohea recruited, but have released players like Moon & Keinhorst who may not have been star-names, but were proven at doing a good job for them.

They need to now accept they likely won't challenge for a couple of /few years, then identify the areas that need strengthening most desperately and replace the failing players, stating with the most key positions.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    It was refreshing to see a RL broadcaster actually ask some difficult questions. If I were a Leeds fan I'm not sure how I'd feel about Sinfield's weird doublethink about Furner definitely being the right man for the job despite having just sacked him halfway through his first season. There's a touch of the KCs about it.
    i got told that Sinfield was for keeping Furner which may sound daft as he sacked him but id guess Furner told Hethrington what he thought and that was the end of him with Sinfield just doing the dirty work

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    i got told that Sinfield was for keeping Furner which may sound daft as he sacked him but id guess Furner told Hethrington what he thought and that was the end of him with Sinfield just doing the dirty work
    A furner outburst does sound plausible for the exit, I'm struggling to see why otherwise. Yes they are not playing well but it's clearly not a direct result of the manager/coach

If something is rotten it isn't furner, it's much deeper than that, I don't see sacking furner has fixed long running issues

It just doesn't add up, we are trying to work our criptic clues

In The South Stand

Is this a case of Sinfield being completely out of his depth? Being an inspirational captain and world class player, does not necessarily translate in to being a good coach/manager/director of rugby (delete as appropriate). We should know, after the Cunningham debacle. If Sinfield thinks that there's something rotten at Leeds and it's been like it for some time, why hasn't he addressed it? He's been there!

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    A furner outburst does sound plausible for the exit, I'm struggling to see why otherwise. Yes they are not playing well but it's clearly not a direct result of the manager/coach

If something is rotten it isn't furner, it's much deeper than that, I don't see sacking furner has fixed long running issues

It just doesn't add up, we are trying to work our criptic clues
    I was suprised they made the decision they did. They just seem to have put more pressure and more scrutiny on what was already a difficult sitiuation. The wider problems that Leeds have were never going to be fixed in half a season which is why I’m suprised they didn’t give Furner a season at the very least (unless there’s more to it as you say). One of the benefits to signing Barba IMO was he took pressure off everyone else and he enabled us to tweak and change certain things whilst we were still winning games so it was easier for us to make changes. At the start of the season in particular he was worth 18-24 points a game for us on his own. Leeds tried that with Lolohea but he’s turned up overweight, Hurrell has done OK but he’s a centre contained to one area of the field and Merrin is a forward so they don’t have that 50 + try involvement player who will score tries from nothing if you like. They don’t have anyone to get them out of jail whilst they fix those things up.

The things we’ve spoke about whether it be defence, fitness, ball playing, kick chase, discipline, culture etc will take time to fix. In the short term they do have some players to come back with the likes of Hurrell, Ward, Cuthbertson, Ablett, Ferres, Walker who will likely improve them a bit.

Have to say though it was sad to watch Kalllum Watkins yesterday. Shadow of himself pre-injury at the minute.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Adding Sinfield’s non-responses last night with his comments prior to the Bradford game, it seems to me that he hasn’t really a clue what to do but knows that such a reply would probably result in his departure. In summarising last nights game, Wikin pointed to the absence of structure and desire to defend and added that the players need to start approaching games from an enjoyment perspective, much in the way that it is reported that Holbrook tackled the malaise within Saints. The difference, however, is that Leeds don’t have a sprinkling of current internationals within their team and their new generation is nowhere near as good as Saints had available a couple of seasons ago.

More pressure on Leeds now with London beating Wakey.