Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 86

Thread: Leeds

  1. #26
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,555
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr chips View Post
    Can some one tell me how we have a commentator who doesn’t know all the rules of rl. John Kerr had to explain to Robbie Paul the rule about moving of the mark. He hadn’t a clue. So many good ex players who could do better.
    Wilkin will be taking his post up after this season.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

  2. #27
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    London
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,096
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    It's interesting how little most people actually care about Leeds struggling. For all their self-hype about being the biggest club in Super League they were merely a trophy rival for us and Wigan, etc.

    If Wigan went down it would be huge, and if we went down it would be huge for Wigan and Wire. When Leeds went into the Middle 8s did anyone really care other than to have a giggle? Much like Bradford, make big waves when doing well, and have a fanbase that thinks it has huge rivalries with the other big clubs. But at the end of the day, when they struggle they kind of get ignored.

  3. #28
    In The South Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,882
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    It's interesting how little most people actually care about Leeds struggling. For all their self-hype about being the biggest club in Super League they were merely a trophy rival for us and Wigan, etc.

    If Wigan went down it would be huge, and if we went down it would be huge for Wigan and Wire. When Leeds went into the Middle 8s did anyone really care other than to have a giggle? Much like Bradford, make big waves when doing well, and have a fanbase that thinks it has huge rivalries with the other big clubs. But at the end of the day, when they struggle they kind of get ignored.
    Living near Leeds with plenty of Rhinos supporting mates it would be huge for me if they went down. Obviously Wigan are the biggest rivals but for me Leeds are much bigger rivals than Warrington.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  4. #29
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Chiang Rai Thailand
    Posts
    508
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Shaun Wane is now saying he would be interested in returning to coach
    either Leeds or Wigan . I still cannot understand why Wigan let him go .

  5. #30
    Learning All The Songs Nickles Forearm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    1,901
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Shaun Wane is now saying he would be interested in returning to coach
    either Leeds or Wigan . I still cannot understand why Wigan let him go .
    Shaun Wane told the club he wanted a new challenge and his contract was up, Wig*n had no say in the matter.
    When he left I thought he’d be back in 12 months (to the game that is) so not surprised by this. Can see him wanting the Wig*n job first.

  6. #31
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    550
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Now the play the ball has been cleaned up will Wane’s tactics be as effective?

  7. #32
    Got A Season Ticket undertheradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    N-L-W
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Shaun Wane is now saying he would be interested in returning to coach
    either Leeds or Wigan . I still cannot understand why Wigan let him go .
    I got told that his relationship with Lenagan had broken down and that’s why he left. So I’d be surprised if he went back to the crusts but stranger things have happened.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #33
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Right side of the track
    Posts
    1,510
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Now the play the ball has been cleaned up will Wane’s tactics be as effective?





    Having watched the Huddersfield v Saeints game on Sunday I’d say the ruck was slower than ever.

  9. #34
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blatherings on WA12RL radio.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service
    Posts
    8,018
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Speed of the game depends on the fitness of the ref.
    Learned comment from The Don

  10. #35
    In The South Stand Sean Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,791
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Having watched the Huddersfield v Saeints game on Sunday I’d say the ruck was slower than ever.
    I remember a while ago when we had that ref for the first time, I can recall saying on here it was the slowest ruck I had ever seen. Players were just lying on top motionless for several seconds. Surreal

  11. #36
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Right side of the track
    Posts
    1,510
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Speed of the game depends on the fitness of the ref.





    His handling of the ruck was an utter disgrace.

  12. #37
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,305
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Shaun Wane is now saying he would be interested in returning to coach
    either Leeds or Wigan . I still cannot understand why Wigan let him go .
    Maybe Wane knew when to jump. Sinking ship, rats etc. Could be he was cleverer than we gave him credit for, could be back on an improved contract?

  13. #38
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Wane isn't stupid at all. He's a smart bloke.

  14. #39
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,130
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    Wane isn't stupid at all. He's a smart bloke.
    He does well to disguise it, then. Listening to him talk, you'd think he'd been dropped on the head many times as a baby.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  15. #40
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,442
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Now the play the ball has been cleaned up will Wane’s tactics be as effective?
    It was certainly much better at the start of the season. However, The Crust Munchers have been allowed to return to their previous tactics without punishment, something which certainly wasn't permitted at the start of the season. Which I reckon was the reason for their poor start (one reason among many), they've only improved as their old tried and tested tactics have been permitted by the officials to make a return. Huddersfield, upon seeing this were doing the same at the weekend. The game had improved and sped up so much, I really hope that it's not going to go backwards to accommodate The Pies getting in to the top five.

  16. #41
    Got A Season Ticket antwnsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    At my desk
    Posts
    200
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Double movement

    Quote Originally Posted by oldun View Post
    Is it called the momentum rule
    Unless your a Wigan player where double movements are okay, as demonstrated last Sunday.

  17. #42
    In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,848
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    I got told that his relationship with Lenagan had broken down and that’s why he left. So I’d be surprised if he went back to the crusts but stranger things have happened.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Been told similar, due to how much the playing department budget was being slashed constantly

  18. #43
    In The South Stand Sean Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,791
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I think the link with a return to RL is being overplayed a bit. In the actual interview he just says that he’d have a conversation with anyone career move wise when asked about Leeds and then when asked if that includes Wigan he says yes. He made a point of saying how much he’s enjoying a bit more family time etc so I can’t see him returning just yet, but you never know I suppose

  19. #44
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,555
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I think the link with a return to RL is being overplayed a bit. In the actual interview he just says that he’d have a conversation with anyone career move wise when asked about Leeds and then when asked if that includes Wigan he says yes. He made a point of saying how much he’s enjoying a bit more family time etc so I can’t see him returning just yet, but you never know I suppose
    It isn't he will be at Leeds very soon .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

  20. #45
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Chiang Rai Thailand
    Posts
    508
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I think the link with a return to RL is being overplayed a bit. In the actual interview he just says that he’d have a conversation with anyone career move wise when asked about Leeds and then when asked if that includes Wigan he says yes. He made a point of saying how much he’s enjoying a bit more family time etc so I can’t see him returning just yet, but you never know I suppose
    I imagine Wane will soon get tired of family time .

  21. #46
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Newport, Shropshire
    Posts
    1,356
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    It was always funny when we got “impersonations” of Wane on here but his record speaks for itself and he’s clearly a good motivator. However, this section of his interview made me smile:

    "You just need to put it on the line and tell people straight what you expect, how you behave away from the club...”

    He may have told them but it didn’t take did it?

  22. #47
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    He does well to disguise it, then. Listening to him talk, you'd think he'd been dropped on the head many times as a baby.
    It's called an accent. I'd agree it doesnt always sound great but it doesn't render him stupid and if you have ever met him you'd understand he is far from dumb - he isn't and is actually a really nice bloke.

  23. #48
    Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,383
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    It was always funny when we got “impersonations” of Wane on here but his record speaks for itself and he’s clearly a good motivator.
    You are right.
    Saints supporters loved to hate him and take the mick, a lot of that because he was good at what he did.
    In his years in charge at Wigan the team overachieved, that seems evident given this season.
    We, during the same time period, have arguably underachieved.
    As a Saints supporter I hope he doesn't end up at Leeds or Wigan, but I'd like to see him involved at GB or England level.

  24. #49
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    14

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    Saints supporters loved to hate him and take the mick, a lot of that because he was good at what he did.
    In his years in charge at Wigan the team overachieved, that seems evident given this season.
    This - I loved to "hate" him - but he was a damn good coach at Wigan!
    If he'd have done the same at Saints - he'd be a club legend.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    As a Saints supporter I hope he doesn't end up at Leeds or Wigan, but I'd like to see him involved at GB or England level.
    Couldn't agree more!

  25. #50
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    castleford
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    It was a interesting podcast Wane did showed a different side of himself I liked the bit where he said Mcilorum was a wild man but then almost all rugby league players are flawed characters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •