Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 19 man squad Vs The Giants

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Usually there is a change in team attitude when he comes on and our middle becomes tighter, it’s been quite noticable in the last 4 or 5 games now.
    Holbrook has mentioned it a few times in his post match review, he also gets into the opposition faces and doesn’t tolerate any foul play on our pivots but sometimes it results in a penalty against him.
    Fair enough but I don’t see it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way it's not meant as a dig or anything like that. Did you watch it on TV or in the stands? I notice him a lot more in the stands than I do on the TV I thought he was quite busy yesterday and was getting involved guiding us round. Thought he played quite well myself

I was at the game, I agree he definitely puts himself about and I can’t fault the effort but I just don’t think he’s very good. He’s shown a few nice touches but I haven’t really seen much evidence of the ball playing skills he was supposedly signed for and he really does need to cut the daft penalties out. The difference between him and Knowles is just too big for me when you consider he’s on a 3 year deal and taking up an overseas spot.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    I was at the game, I agree he definitely puts himself about and I can’t fault the effort but I just don’t think he’s very good. He’s shown a few nice touches but I haven’t really seen much evidence of the ball playing skills he was supposedly signed for and he really does need to cut the daft penalties out. The difference between him and Knowles is just too big for me when you consider he’s on a 3 year deal and taking up an overseas spot.
    I do see Knowles being our 80 minute 13 in the next year which does call in to question where Paulo fits.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I do see Knowles being our 80 minute 13 in the next year which does call in to question where Paulo fits.
    I dont know why we have Paulo, surely theres someone better knocking around Thatto Heath?
    Last edited by Houghwood Saint; 14th May 2019 at 10:18.

Starting A Programme Collection The frenchman's Avatar

Just shows how people can have different opinions, I think he's doing his job well at the moment. He's been tasked with the first receiver role taking it to the line and passing if it's on. He gives us just as much off the ball as he does on the ball. He's a big talker and organiser and he's constantly pushing up and resetting. Likewise because he's always an option on one side of the ruck, if the ball does go the other way he will still hold defenders up.

Knowles will be a special player that's for sure but Paulo is going well so far imo we need 2 of those players in the squad if one gets injured and it keeps them fresh during a game to do their jobs if both fit to play

I thought the majority of the team played nothing like they have been playing over the last few weeks. Because there were so many non performers I can only put that down to nerves because it is trap door football.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    I thought the majority of the team played nothing like they have been playing over the last few weeks. Because there were so many non performers I can only put that down to nerves because it is trap door football.
    Well i seriously hope that isn’t the case. We will face much tougher opposition in knock out games between now and October.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Maybe the demands over the Easter period added to the fact that it was a ko game caught up with the players and affected their sharpness. It affects teams at different times so maybe it was Saints turn. I expect a big response on Friday and it will be essential as Salford will be determined to bounce back from their cup exit.

i don't think they were allowed to play there normal game because of the very slow PTB, some fans who went to the game said the ref allowed the giants tactic to roll our players onto their backs.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    i don't think they were allowed to play there normal game because of the very slow PTB, some fans who went to the game said the ref allowed the giants tactic to roll our players onto their backs.
    It was shocking, not a good advert for the game. It was about as slow as I've ever seen.

Got A Replica Shirt

Must be only me that thought we didn’t play too bad. I thought we completely dominated and controlled the game. The only time they got close to our line was off penalties.

There was the odd poor decision that we made but at the end I couldn’t believe we’d only won by 6 points.

Starting A Programme Collection The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    Must be only me that thought we didn’t play too bad. I thought we completely dominated and controlled the game. The only time they got close to our line was off penalties.

There was the odd poor decision that we made but at the end I couldn’t believe we’d only won by 6 points.
    I thought the same (I mentioned those points in my initial post) but we were poor at capitalising on that field position. They took what little chances they had really well, if they had an equal amount of good field position I think we could have lost that game.

I think all our pivots had quiet games for whatever reasons. JL & LC have been unplayable recently but both were rather anonymous for me with JL throwing some shocking passes. Roby wasn't his usual self in attack along with Theo playing just OK. Walmsley was stand out with a good supporting cast, packwise, and I feel they got us through that game.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

The biggest exponents in the game in how to slow the opposition down , as I said after our home game last year they used every opportunity to slow the game down , but luckily the clock and hitting the oppo player with the ball as a penalty has removed half of thier gameplan , did anyone see "Robinson the rabbit" on the pitch , last year he was on the pitch umpteen times giving orders, what I've seen on the box this year is that he is usually sat in the stand alongside the "grub" as he watched known , couldn't pay me enough to watch this lot.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Got A Season Ticket

I think all our pivots had quiet games for whatever reasons. JL & LC have been unplayable recently but both were rather anonymous for me with JL throwing some shocking passes. Roby wasn't his usual self in attack along with Theo playing just OK. Walmsley was stand out with a good supporting cast, packwise, and I feel they got us through that game.
    I still say JL was suffering from the head knock he took early in the game from Matagi. He should have gone off for a HIA and at least had a rest while he recovered properly.