Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Kevin Naiqama

Learning All The Songs

Default Kevin Naiqama

Glad hes coming to.
    Remember Gidley ?
    First five or six games, we thought we had signed a dead leg.
    But he turned out a great centre who won us many matches.
    Lets hope Kevin turns out to be half as good.

Got A Season Ticket

I think he reads the game well. Danny McGuire put in a great-looking cut out pass on Sunday but Kevin was there to intercept. Great to see.

Upside
    Non Members

He was written off three weeks ago, people asking for Morgan back

Knee jerk reactions as usual

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post

Shock

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Taking Barba’s contribution into account I think we are a better team this year than last. Holbrook did well to bring in Barba though because after years of boring dross he reminded us of what Saints are. This current team are a proper Saints side. 80 yard trys from both wingers was a joy to watch. Also when Grace got pushed the other day Paulo stepped in the way to say try it with me instead. Shades of Sonny Nickle there for me. He got sin binned for that but it puts down a marker

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    Taking Barba’s contribution into account I think we are a better team this year than last. Holbrook did well to bring in Barba though because after years of boring dross he reminded us of what Saints are. This current team are a proper Saints side. 80 yard trys from both wingers was a joy to watch. Also when Grace got pushed the other day Paulo stepped in the way to say try it with me instead. Shades of Sonny Nickle there for me. He got sin binned for that but it puts down a marker
    With Sonny there, Grace wouldn't have got pushed.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Sonny Knuckle would have punched Tomkins off his feet so that he landed in the west stand.

Banned

Really? Or was it actually mostly a decent discussion mainly about the merits of each player up to that point, with many including the caveat that it was still early days and the grounds hadn't hardened yet.

It's fantastic that he's settling now and showing his ability after a shaky couple of months. Brilliant also that we seem able to attack superbly on both flanks. Holbrook deserves massive praise for this, as it's something we've struggled with for years (and allowed opposition teams to stack their right side in defence)

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Nothing against Costello who I think has filled in really well, but when we get Percy back to full form and fitness we really will be a handful on both sides.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    Nothing against Costello who I think has filled in really well, but when we get Percy back to full form and fitness we really will be a handful on both sides.
    Costello has covered well and is a decent player but Craig Hall left him clutching at thin air for the second Hull KR try (which looked like it was on the line and not a try BTW).

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I've said this to a few people in person but he reminds me of Kevin Iro. Not in terms of his style so much, but how he can come alive in a big game and destroy some teams after going periods of time of doing very little. He offers a great threat on that right hand side and appears to be in a purple patch at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

I suppose it is just coincidence that our wingers have been scoring tries while Percival as been missing.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Really? Or was it actually mostly a decent discussion mainly about the merits of each player up to that point, with many including the caveat that it was still early days and the grounds hadn't hardened yet.

It's fantastic that he's settling now and showing his ability after a shaky couple of months. Brilliant also that we seem able to attack superbly on both flanks. Holbrook deserves massive praise for this, as it's something we've struggled with for years (and allowed opposition teams to stack their right side in defence)
    No, that's just backtracking, people had written him off

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    I suppose it is just coincidence that our wingers have been scoring tries while Percival as been missing.
    Yeah great centre play to put Grace in at the weekend?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, that's just backtracking, people had written him off
    Just re-read the whole thread as I started it. A few wrote him off but many like myself, were hoping that firmer grounds would bring the best out in him. I am truly glad that is the case. At that point in time when the thread was started he was very average.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Laner View Post
    Just re-read the whole thread as I started it. A few wrote him off but many like myself, were hoping that firmer grounds would bring the best out in him. I am truly glad that is the case. At that point in time when the thread was started he was very average.

Yes some were hoping he would improve but goes to show the knee jerk reactions from some fans. Some would have dropped him and brought back Morgan or an academy player, imagine doing that after a few games for every player, we would be swapping all the time, All players need to bed in, adapt, progress etc. This is another example we're we should be more patient and not so quick to write people off

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Well, that’s true, but it was nice to see a forward standing up for one of his smaller team mates. I miss the good old days!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Getting seriously hacked off with Fiji Kev as I have a tenner on Tommy for top try scorer!!
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Getting seriously hacked off with Fiji Kev as I have a tenner on Tommy for top try scorer!!
    You can blame Tommy for at least one of KN’s tries as he passed the ball back inside to him.