Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Furner gone

Noooobie

Default Furner gone

Got A Season Ticket

Would Shaun Wane be a candidate with it being one of his former clubs or will they try to poach Chris Chester?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Travelvocation View Post
    Would Shaun Wane be a candidate with it being one of his former clubs or will they try to poach Chris Chester?

I was told that Leeds were interested in Wane about a month ago, but as it wasn't from one of my usual sources didn't think too much of it. It would be a very strange move though as Wane and Hetherington were hardly best buddies.

The sooner we get Holbrook’s new contract sorted the better

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by West Walian View Post
    if i was a leeds supporter id be worried by the bit Agar looks likely to be in the job for several weeks and be a strong candidate for the job permanently

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    if i was a leeds supporter id be worried by the bit Agar looks likely to be in the job for several weeks and be a strong candidate for the job permanently
    There was talk of Richard Marshall going there as Furner’s assistant - did that come to fruition? Or maybe they might be looking at him for the main job??

Banned

Jason Demetriou was in one of the League papers the other week talking about being keen to give SL a try if the right job came up.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Travelvocation View Post
    There was talk of Richard Marshall going there as Furner’s assistant - did that come to fruition? Or maybe they might be looking at him for the main job??

yes he was sat next to him at there last game

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Jason Demetriou was in one of the League papers the other week talking about being keen to give SL a try if the right job came up.
    He could be a good shout.

I'm not so sure Sinfield being in that role is doing them much good to be honest.

Surely he should be earning his stripes as a coach first?

Got A Season Ticket

I think this sacking by Leeds puts a little pressure on Saints board to either a) tie Holbrook down and extend his contract or b) announce he will not be staying and focus on his replacement. It would be a disaster for Saints number 1 replacement to be pinched by Leeds.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsmerrrt View Post
    I think this sacking by Leeds puts a little pressure on Saints board to either a) tie Holbrook down and extend his contract or b) announce he will not be staying and focus on his replacement. It would be a disaster for Saints number 1 replacement to be pinched by Leeds.
    Holbrook stated how happy him and his family are here, recently; reading between the lines it sounded as if he was talking to the club about a new deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Holbrook stated how happy him and his family are here, recently; reading between the lines it sounded as if he was talking to the club about a new deal.
    I think he said something along the lines that he and Eamonn McManus would sit down and talk it through once the Easter schedule was out of the way, while confirming that he and his family were happy here and wished to stay.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Holbrook is pretty close and loyal to his players and is more hungry for success than them, I can't see any amount of money being good enough to tempt him away at the moment, doesn't seem to be a bloke to be looking for another challenge in the UK that will probably be the NRL in a couple of years.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Why on earth would he go to Leeds?
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'm not so sure Sinfield being in that role is doing them much good to be honest.

Surely he should be earning his stripes as a coach first?
    I heard the players have been winging to sinfield about Furner you've also got Hethrington sticking his nose in I wouldn't envy any coach that took over at leeds with the job he will have on his hands

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Why on earth would he go to Leeds?
    Who said he'd go to Leeds?

In The South Stand

Who said he'd go to Leeds?
    You did.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    You did.
    Please quote me where I said anything along the lines of Holbrook to Leeds?

My point was if Saints know he is leaving, then it would be a shame to see Leeds pinch our number one REPLACEMENT.

Fickle bunch.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I think he’s been stitched up a bit. For them to have done anything this year they needed their new signings to be outstanding to cover up a few of their weaknesses for a season. The rest of the squad finished in the middle 8’s last season so I don’t think it’s a suprise that they are where they are given how those signings have turned out for one reason or another. Furner was never going to change that club around in half a season.

Wane seems the obvious choice but they’ll be going from one extreme to the other. I think they need to have a look at their back S&C staff as well because every time I watch them they are falling off tackles and lacking in any sort of durability.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Is Shane Flanagan still a free agent? I’ve been thinking for a while that the first vacancy at a big SL club will have his name all over it.

In The South Stand

Please quote me where I said anything along the lines of Holbrook to Leeds?

My point was if Saints know he is leaving, then it would be a shame to see Leeds pinch our number one REPLACEMENT.

Fickle bunch.
    Ok fair enough,but as has been stated on here Holbrook has said he is happy to enter talks over a new contract after Easter so Saints don't know he is leaving. There is no pressure on Saints at all,both parties want to sort it out and IF ( and imo it is a very big if )
    Holbrook wants to move on then we have a great squad and lots of very promising youngsters. Leeds need a different type of coach than we would so there is no clash on that front. They need a ruthless team builder who can get rid of the under performers.

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Leeds need a different type of coach than we would so there is no clash on that front. They need a ruthless team builder who can get rid of the under performers.
    It is rumoured that Furner will take action against Leeds for unfair dismissal, the grounds for which are that the Leeds management wouldn’t let him rebuild as he wished.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    It is rumoured that Furner will take action against Leeds for unfair dismissal, the grounds for which are that the Leeds management wouldn’t let him rebuild as he wished.

Surely this will be difficult to win n, particularly if they pay him up

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I guess he's doing that to shift the blame onto Leeds to preserve his reputation in the NRL