Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 19 man squad v Hull KR

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Default 19 man squad v Hull KR

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2019/05/0...d-for-hull-kr/

Roby, Makinson and Knowles back in for Smith, Batchelor and Bentley.

1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Theo Fages, 7. Danny Richardson, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 11. Zeb Taia, 12. Joseph Paulo, 15. Morgan Knowles, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dom Peyroux, 18. Adam Swift, 19. Matty Lees, 20. Jack Ashworth, 23. Lachlan Coote 24. Matty Costello, 29. Jack Welsby.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

I imagine we’ll see something like:
    Coote
    Swift
    Naiqama
    Makinson
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Walmsley
    Roby
    Lees
    Taia
    Peyroux
    Knowles

Paulo
    Ashworth
    Amor
    Richardson/Welsby

Tough on Costello to miss out but he went for Makinson ahead of him at centre first so I imagine he’ll go that way again. Depending on whether Fages has 80 minutes in him might decide who gets the bench spot as Welsby offers a bit more versatility than Richardson.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Got A Season Ticket

Who's up for 4th bench spot?

Only got 4 props (2 on bench) and 4 2nd row/LF (1 on bench).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Very interesting selection this week. Everyone in the 19 has a case to play this week. Assuming they’re all fit it’s a very tough choice for Holbrook who to drop to the bench and who to leave out the 19 altogether. It’s likely Welsby and Costello will miss out and maybe Richardson on the bench. Fages can move to 9 to give Roby a spell if needs be.

Coote
    Swift
    Naiqama
    Makinson
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Walmsley
    Roby
    Lees
    Peyroux
    Taia
    Knowles

Richardson
    Paulo
    Ashworth
    Amor
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

We could possibly give Grace a rest for this game ready for next weeks cup fixture and play Swift with Costello, Fages on the bench to cover Roby, Lomax + Richardson.

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiquama
    Costello
    Swift

Lomax
    Richardson

Walmsley
    Roby
    Lees
    Peyroux
    Tai
    Knowles

Fages
    Paulo
    Ashworth
    Amor

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    We could possibly give Grace a rest for this game ready for next weeks cup fixture and play Swift with Costello, Fages on the bench to cover Roby, Lomax + Richardson.

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiquama
    Costello
    Swift

Lomax
    Richardson

Walmsley
    Roby
    Lees
    Peyroux
    Tai
    Knowles

Fages
    Paulo
    Ashworth
    Amor
    There are so many options this week, it will be really interesting to see what JH goes with, and if it will give us any indication of going forward

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiquama
    Costello
    Swift

Lomax
    Richardson

Walmsley
    Roby
    Lees
    Peyroux
    Tai
    Knowles

Fages
    Paulo
    Ashworth
    Amor
    Very good call re grace

Got A Replica Shirt

Swift and Welsby to miss out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

I'm all for rotation but you can over do it. When that happens combinations get messed up.

For that reason I'd keep Makinson on the wing. Costello in the centre position.

I prefer straight swaps no matter if that is harsh on good players like swift. I'm sure he will get more opportunities as the season progresses. If there is one thing that is certain, injuries and niggles will happen.

Going with Costello and Fages today. Tough on Swift and Richardson that.

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    It is but I think Costello did more than enough to earn another go last week and Makinson is uncomfortable at centre, not the best scenario in an away game. I think Fages also deserves his shirt for his early form, but if he doesn’t match that maybe Danny will come back in again at some point

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    The way things have gone the past couple of weeks it was going to be tough on anyone left out. Any other time those two would have done enough to retain their places.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    The way things have gone the past couple of weeks it was going to be tough on anyone left out. Any other time those two would have done enough to retain their places.
    In Holbrook we must trust

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

If you can’t get to Hull today, tune into http://Wishfm.net/rugby, Wish FM app (Stream 2) or the Redvee homepage from 2:55 for full commentary with Craig Murdock and Redvee’s Kev Pender making his commentating debut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@RedveeDotNet

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    If you can’t get to Hull today, tune into http://Wishfm.net/rugby, Wish FM app (Stream 2) or the Redvee homepage from 2:55 for full commentary with Craig Murdock and Redvee’s Kev Pender making his commentating debut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Bronco. These two on BBC Humberside are sending me to sleep.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Starting A Programme Collection

Can anyone who went to the game shed some more light onto Naiqama's performance? I've seen the tries on sky website and he just seems to be getting better every week. From his first few performances to where he is now, is he on the way to being a Saints superstar???

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    Can anyone who went to the game shed some more light onto Naiqama's performance? I've seen the tries on sky website and he just seems to be getting better every week. From his first few performances to where he is now, is he on the way to being a Saints superstar???
    He was MOM for me. Our right edge ruined their defence. For that side to bag six between them says it all really.

Strange, I think most of us came away thinking it wasn't one of our best performances of the season certainly in defence yet we scored 42 points away from home. It's a ground we always seem to find a tough place to go.

Great turnout from Saints yesterday too.

Got A Season Ticket

One of the things I’ve been mulling over in considering yesterday is what the performance means, if anything, for the argument that we are better defensively with Fages in the side, and that we’ve scored more on the right with Richardson in the side.

I wasn't there yesterday unfortunately, but their second try looks like he grounded it outside of the ground! Anyone that was there care to change my mind?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    I wasn't there yesterday unfortunately, but their second try looks like he grounded it outside of the ground! Anyone that was there care to change my mind?
    Looking at it on the highlights, I'm with you mate. Lomax is definitely complaining about something, I'm presuming it's the grounding. Ball looks to be on the line to me, which would means it's a no try. It's probably just the usual attempt to even up the game and give the underdogs a good start before the inevitable!

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Looking at it on the highlights, I'm with you mate. Lomax is definitely complaining about something, I'm presuming it's the grounding. Ball looks to be on the line to me, which would means it's a no try. It's probably just the usual attempt to even up the game and give the underdogs a good start before the inevitable!
    On the highlights, Makinson's in the way of being able to see it clearly, however, the bounces before take it very close to the line and there are a couple of bounces after that, just looks a very dodgy call!

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

I can't agree with that there's an official stood on the line a couple of feet away he's got the best view out of everyone in the ground, he's actively looking for the grounding. If he's ok with it you've got to go with his call. Just because Lomax is complaining to the official doesn't mean anything, of course he's going to try and sway the call. If you watch the Catalan highlights back from last week Catalan complained to the officials at lots of our tries. Does that mean they weren't tries as well? What was the motive of the officials then, where they trying to even up the game or just anti French?

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    On the highlights, Makinson's in the way of being able to see it clearly, however, the bounces before take it very close to the line and there are a couple of bounces after that, just looks a very dodgy call!
    Watching the replay again this morning the first 2 tries looked as though the officials gave the benefit of the doubt to the attacking side. First try seemed to be a held up, one which Roby appealed he was under the ball, Lomax was close to seeing the 2nd try get grounded on the dead ball line.

Also watching the long range Makinson try, I was surprised Coote had the speed to back up Makinson's run thought he would be slower than that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon Stylites View Post
    One of the things I’ve been mulling over in considering yesterday is what the performance means, if anything, for the argument that we are better defensively with Fages in the side, and that we’ve scored more on the right with Richardson in the side.
    Ive nothing against Richardson, but i think we are a bigger threat with Fages. To be fair to Richardson he has ran the ball closer to the opposition defence in recent weeks but still not as well as Fages does. In a tough game against a physical team i worry that Richardson would shy away and avoid contact. Plus, Fages’ passing game has improved a lot over the last 18 months. Under pressure his passes are fast and accurate (playing left or right).
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Ive nothing against Richardson, but i think we are a bigger threat with Fages. To be fair to Richardson he has ran the ball closer to the opposition defence in recent weeks but still not as well as Fages does. In a tough game against a physical team i worry that Richardson would shy away and avoid contact. Plus, Fages’ passing game has improved a lot over the last 18 months. Under pressure his passes are fast and accurate (playing left or right).
    What we are seeing with both players, is that the competition for that shirt has improved them. Fages has improved his attacking options whilst Richardson has improved his defensive execution. Nice position be in at the moment but in a a positive way a bit of a conundrum for Holbrook.