Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: The Future’s Bright the Future is Ganson

Default The Future’s Bright the Future is Ganson

Living a long way away I have the dubious pleasure of listening to the match on radio Merseyside.
    Allan Rooney is the only person who says ‘crickey’ apart from characters in the Beano but Steve Ganson is excellent. He calls the game well, adds insight and context far more than the dreary interjections of Cummins. This is his second game but his agent would do well to contact Sky.
    Looking forward to the’..but referees don’t know what there talking about’ comments.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
    Living a long way away I have the dubious pleasure of listening to the match on radio Merseyside.
    Allan Rooney is the only person who says ‘crickey’ apart from characters in the Beano but Steve Ganson is excellent. He calls the game well, adds insight and context far more than the dreary interjections of Cummins. This is his second game but his agent would do well to contact Sky.
    Looking forward to the’..but referees don’t know what there talking about’ comments.
    Listened to the Easter Monday match he was commenting and commentating on, very insightful, his voice and accent come across well, he could have a job doing this instead of the Ref`s boss if he wanted to.

Got A Season Ticket

Enjoyed the commentary out here in Turkey (with cold Efes in hand, looking out across the glistening waters of the eastern Mediterranean ...). I still have a signed Steve Ganson referee shirt at home.....maybe I should hold onto it for a while!

Bradley Walsh on The Chase always says 'Crikey' too. Too much Wallace and Gromit?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by antwnsaint View Post
    Bradley Walsh on The Chase always says 'Crikey' too. Too much Wallace and Gromit?
    The late Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter, used the word Crikey ad nauseam, almost his trademark to be fair.

I grew up in the same street as Steve Ganson, I would like to say he had a good depth of knowledge of the game even as a youngster and was never shy at opening his mouth.

Got A Season Ticket

I say crikey, too. I picked it up from someone who played in what he called ‘Castleford third team’. I’ve never said Crikey O’Riley, though, which is Alan’s signature phrase.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by elesseff View Post
    Decent commentator and I can't stand the bloke.
    I'm surprised they could find headphones to fit around his head!

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I'm surprised they could find headphones to fit around his head!
    they couldn't he was on speaker.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would