Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 19 man squad for Catalans...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Great opportunity and challenge for the young ones, the game after easter weekend is usually a flat one. Lets hope the young ones provide a bit of energy and get the win.

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Regardless of the result we've earned a week off and the young lads always have plenty of effort and energy which could work in our favour today.

We've got the start of the challenge cup coming up as well we need people fresh for those games.

Apologies if I've missed it no Lomax either

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwzJ0XbA...d=ac7ouadnlxxl

Wow! Wish I could have made the game today but you called it right!!!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Great opportunity and challenge for the young ones, the game after easter weekend is usually a flat one. Lets hope the young ones provide a bit of energy and get the win.

Spot on!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand

50-14, what a result. No Robes, Thommo, Percy, Makinson, Coote, Lomax, the Young Guns are up for it. Good times ahead! Tremendous result.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    50-14, what a result. No Robes, Thommo, Percy, Makinson, Coote, Lomax, the Young Guns are up for it. Good times ahead! Tremendous result.
    Really is a cracking result,game time for our up and coming players and they looked good. Like you say good times ahead.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elesseff View Post
    Could we punt someone off if we were desperate for Douglas or would they still count on this years cap? I'd be tempted just just to break the cap ala the scumbags and Leeds, then take the hit the year after.
    He is dual reg. He is on saints cap

Got A Season Ticket

Plus LMS and knowies

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

See the 'Leigh lads' did well today....

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

For me that was our best win of the season so far, a really big team effort, we talked about the squad having strength in depth, everyone showed and proved that today.

Did anybody notice that grubby rat boy yanking the arm of Welsby against the elbow joint, luckily Welsby didn't incur a serious injury and made a break on the next play.

Superb effort with so many missing. Welsby is a complete natural as a full back. If we’d lost today you would’ve found it hard to be critical so the margin was very impressive

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

For me that was our best win of the season so far, a really big team effort, we talked about the squad having strength in depth, everyone showed and proved that today.

Did anybody notice that grubby rat boy yanking the arm of Welsby against the elbow joint, luckily Welsby didn't incur a serious injury and made a break on the next play.
    Didnt see him do that, but he sparked the scrap in first half by sliding in with the knees after saints scored.

Went missing after that, well hunted down by saints though when he did have the ball.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Didnt see him do that, but he sparked the scrap in first half by sliding in with the knees after saints scored.

Went missing after that, well hunted down by saints though when he did have the ball.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I noticed that. I think he took maybe one more tackle in the whole game

The fitness levels are outstanding. They get better the longer the game goes on. Whoever is responsible for it deserves a massive pat on the back.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    you called it right!!!
    There's a saying, if you throw enough shit some sticks! (my predictions not the team)

Onto the game, what a pleasing result, those kids out there today really worked hard and did us proud. Hope saddened comes back and gives his thoughts on the game (does he only appear when we loose or the chips are down?)

Really enjoyed the Sunday game and the community tickets were a great idea. Hats off to saints I heard it was reduced ticket price for the east stand and if you're affiliated to a rugby club half the ticket price goes back to the club. Awesome effort on and off the field.

That was an exceptional performance given the circumstances. Catalans really pushed it in the first half but the young lads stood up to them. By the first 5-10 minutes of the second half we'd beaten them into submission.

On the young players:
    Welsby looks like the real deal. Clearly a natural talent.
    Costello looks more powerful and more confident since his last stint in the team. He finished his tries well.
    Smith has an amazing work rate and is smart. I worry a bit about his size - it's a guaranteed quick play the ball when a big forward runs at him - but that should improve as he gets stronger with age. He did throw a few moonballs from dummy half as well, but what a shift he puts in.
    Barring one cock up, Bentley looked very good when he came on at hooker, I thought.

Learning All The Songs

Made up for the young lads who did themselves and the club proud. Thought it was Costello and Ashworth's best performances for us and Welsby had a great game

Holbrook and the coaching staff played a blinder with the Easter schedule being tougher on Catalans with the travel, plus their form's pretty patchy away anyway. Sets us up nicely for a tricky trip to Rovers and then the cup match.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Win of the season for me. The young talent we have is embarrassing and the biggest job we have is keeping hold of them. Really enjoyed that and nice to see Tomkins get his arse handed to him on several occasions.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I said it at the game and will say it again now, that was our best win of the season. Missing 8 regulars against a big horrible set of grubs.
    Walmsley lead the way, Lees was exceptional, I thought Smith was very very good but my MOM was Welsby I think. Very excited to see more of him after that today; I was very impressed.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    No Coote today and Welsby at fullback? Seems borderline throwing the game, but I guess it's a better approach than what we did last season where we didn't rotate at all.
    Be more positive in future please - it was a joy to watch and playing fresh enthusiastic and skilful young players in addition to the best starting 17 in SL squad to deal with 4 games in just over 2 weeks was just the job

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I said it at the game and will say it again now, that was our best win of the season. Missing 8 regulars against a big horrible set of grubs.
    Walmsley lead the way, Lees was exceptional, I thought Smith was very very good but my MOM was Welsby I think. Very excited to see more of him after that today; I was very impressed.
    A great win against a shitbag of a team. I’m proud and made up we battered a team that plays total anti-rugby into submission. Not sure why Catalans still receive good Will when their approach to the game leaves so much to be desired. Would never usually say this but good to see Kenny Edwards body bagged and go off injured. Hope he got a good reception

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Win of the season for me. The young talent we have is embarrassing and the biggest job we have is keeping hold of them. Really enjoyed that and nice to see Tomkins get his arse handed to him on several occasions.
    yes, it was a brilliant win given the players who were out

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Ratboy is nothing but a cowardly $h1th0u$€ , great at slagging off young ladies and going in late with his knees as someone has scored . With ref to the best win of the season = yes absolutely spot on , by God have we got a squad .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Firstly I have to apologise to JH. When I saw the team I thought he had taken the changes (not enforced) a step to far, and thought we would at best be in a massive fight today and at worse get stuffed. I guess this is why I sit in the stands.
    I agree in many ways this was our best win. It must make other teams think WTF, they put 50 on Catalans with so many changes. Well done Justin.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs

I thought it would be tough today with the players who I knew before the game would be missing. Then with Lomax and Coote also out I feared the worst. However, our young guns stepped up and played it the best way against the Grub Cats, move their big forwards around and play quick controlled rugby. Gigot and Tompkins were rattled throughout the game and it was an exceptional performance by the Saints. What riches we have when we can cover, and then some, 8 of the first choice players in such a seamless way. The future’s bright, the future’s red and white!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    The fitness levels are outstanding. They get better the longer the game goes on. Whoever is responsible for it deserves a massive pat on the back.
    Didn't see the game, but agree with your comments. In the interview after the match, JH said he picked the team along with the Medical and Performance staff. It seems there is a bit more thought than just playing your best players every week