Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Magic weekend travel

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Magic weekend travel

How are people getting to Anfield for Magic Weekend? What buses go from St Helens to Anfield? Especially on a Sunday, What trains from St Helens go to Anfield or near? Are Saints putting park and rides on?

Got A Season Ticket

Get the train and there will be free buses from the side of St Georges Hall.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Delighted! View Post
    Get the train and there will be free buses from the side of St Georges Hall.
    Any idea of times of buses from and to Anfield please? Great if that is deffo the case.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

For the football they have the 917 which runs as they fill up. Obviously for LFC it's a bit easier because there's a start and finish time, I would guess they'll be running all day but probably not as frequently as with the football..

Similarly they line up on Walton Breck Road for the return, but that's again for full time, so they may just run a shuttle through the day, then line up after Saints finish, just guessing.

I know they're not for everyone, but it's not even three miles from the centre, so don't rule out getting a taxi, especially if there's a few of you

Get the Northern line train from Central to Kirkdale and walk it. Think it's the Ormskirk train

Noooobie

If you’re struggling for special buses the number 17 goes right past the stadium as well.

Would also recommend arriva click, which is a an app based taxi/bus service which is really cheap and you get £5 free for signing up, I also have a referral code which will give you another £5 so it would cost you nothing to get a few trips around.

It’s basvially like a bus crossed with an Uber, it will pick you up within two streets of where you are and drop you off within two streets of where you want to go. It’s about half the price of a taxi and they’re Mercedes minibuses so you can get a few on.

Scratch that, arriva click doesn’t currently cover the stadia, but it is handy for getting around Liverpool city centre

Number 10 bus. Get off at Shiel Road..I have walked it from there previously.

Got a black cab from the centre for the Test match, there were 4/5 of us I think and from memory it was a few quid a piece

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Got a black cab from the centre for the Test match, there were 4/5 of us I think and from memory it was a few quid a piece

So maybe budget for £15-20?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elesseff View Post
    I can't believe a Saints supporter wouldn't know how to get to Liverpool.
    I can’t decide if this is sarcasm or not. If not, why is it so unbelievable?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Read a post yesterday from a rugby page that said there's only been 13,000 tickets sold for magic. How true it is I'm not sure but they've been selling them at 50% off for season tickets so you'd think they would have sold quite a few. Can't be right surely

Got A Season Ticket

I saw on one of the rugby sites yesterday they'd sold just over 13,000 tickets don't know if it was the same report
    Cas took 4,500 to Newcastle last year as of yesterday they'd sold 950 tickets don't know if that will be the trend with the other clubs

Quote Originally Posted by elesseff View Post
    Well spotted. Although I do find it hard to believe.

I'm not getting into a petty argument over it.
    I wasn’t aiming for an argument either. Just genuinely interested in your point. I’ve never felt there was much of a connection between our club and Liverpool and there’s many Saints fans from outside of St.Helens who would never have he need to go anywhere near Liverpool.

Last time I went to Anfield was early 70's and not been to Liverpool for years - probably Cains Brewery tour and pub-crawl late 90's ?.
    As a St. Helens born fan now living in Ashton I feel no affinity to Liverpool but more to Manchester as a Utd supporter and having lived there for 3 years while at UMIST.
    "No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy".
    General Helmuth von Moltke

Quote Originally Posted by dr death View Post
    Last time I went to Anfield was early 70's and not been to Liverpool for years - probably Cains Brewery tour and pub-crawl late 90's ?.
    As a St. Helens born fan now living in Ashton I feel no affinity to Liverpool but more to Manchester as a Utd supporter and having lived there for 3 years while at UMIST.
    I’ve supported Saints for 33 years and lived in Ashton all that time also. Probably been to Liverpool less than 5 times in my life and certainly wouldn’t have a clue about the public transport in and around Anfield.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I wasn’t aiming for an argument either. Just genuinely interested in your point. I’ve never felt there was much of a connection between our club and Liverpool and there’s many Saints fans from outside of St.Helens who would never have he need to go anywhere near Liverpool.
    I go to Liverpool every couple of weeks and I see more people with Saints shirts than the Warrington and Wigan ones, in my opinion its become a great city over the last decade lots of stuff going on with great travel links. It was always a bit dodgy for certain areas in the 70's to 90's but there is a bit of a buzz about it these days, we occasionally tour the old pubs and some of those have the Sky rugby league showing quite regular.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I go to Liverpool every couple of weeks and I see more people with Saints shirts than the Warrington and Wigan ones, in my opinion its become a great city over the last decade lots of stuff going on with great travel links. It was always a bit dodgy for certain areas in the 70's to 90's but there is a bit of a buzz about it these days, we occasionally tour the old pubs and some of those have the Sky rugby league showing quite regular.
    Yeah when I’ve been I’ve never had a problem and had a couple of decent nights out there. Just not somewhere that I’d say Saints as a club have a particular link with really.

Got A Season Ticket

The Fly in the Loaf pub on Hardman street was (not been in ages so still might be) good for RL games. If I'm not mistaken they had signed Saints and England/GB RL shirts on the walls.

from 2016 https://www.matchpint.co.uk/sports-b...liverpool-1269

Quote Originally Posted by TheRLStatman View Post
    The Fly in the Loaf pub on Hardman street was (not been in ages so still might be) good for RL games. If I'm not mistaken they had signed Saints and England/GB RL shirts on the walls.

from 2016 https://www.matchpint.co.uk/sports-b...liverpool-1269
    Been a change of landlord since then. The guy then was a Cumbrian Whitehaven/ Saints fan. He always showed the rugby on at least one screen. Not a surefire beer e anymore. Went to watch RL once since and RU on instead.