Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Thommo's injury - weeks or months???

Noooobie
    About 300yds from Steve Price...deep in mongrel territory..

Default Thommo's injury - weeks or months???

From the St Helens star it's described as a syndesmosis injury - and that "he will be sidelined for a matter of a few weeks, but more news will follow".

Link here: https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...ow-for-saints/

I'm hopeful that a few weeks is possible, but the research suggests more like 2 months average, and a range of 6 weeks to nearly 4 months, depending on the nature and severity of the injury sustained.

Link here: https://bmjopensem.bmj.com/content/3/1/e000175

Let's hope it's not serious and he's back at full strength in time for Magic weekend, get well soon Thommo.

Learning All The Songs

The Mole in Aus is suggesting that Canterbury Bulldogs are after Luke Thompson?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Lets leave him on the sidelines for a month or so until it all blows over then

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Every team in Aus should be after him if they’ve got any sense.
    Canterbury isn’t exactly an appealing club though and hasn’t been for a few years.

I must say I don't fancy our chances of keeping hold of Thompson. He's the kind of player they love over there.

Learning All The Songs

There creaming themselves over Sutton and Bateman so imagine what they will think of our Luke?

Banned

There creaming themselves over Sutton and Bateman so imagine what they will think of our Luke?
    Bateman's a little Jack Russell of a player and his will to win dragged the piescum to the GF last season; I thought he'd be a bit on the small side but if he's playing well and getting plaudits, then I'm not completely surprised.

But Sutton? FFS, he was a very ordinary plodder over here. I can't remember him doing anything memorable, especially not against us.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Bateman's a little Jack Russell of a player and his will to win dragged the piescum to the GF last season; I thought he'd be a bit on the small side but if he's playing well and getting plaudits, then I'm not completely surprised.

But Sutton? FFS, he was a very ordinary plodder over here. I can't remember him doing anything memorable, especially not against us.
    FI felt exactly the same about Bateman's size, but there was no doubting his skill and will to win. Sutton, you have said it all.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by mrnkennedy View Post
    From the St Helens star it's described as a syndesmosis injury - and that "he will be sidelined for a matter of a few weeks, but more news will follow".

Link here: https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...ow-for-saints/

I'm hopeful that a few weeks is possible, but the research suggests more like 2 months average, and a range of 6 weeks to nearly 4 months, depending on the nature and severity of the injury sustained.

Link here: https://bmjopensem.bmj.com/content/3/1/e000175

Let's hope it's not serious and he's back at full strength in time for Magic weekend, get well soon Thommo.
    Holbrook said they don’t think he needs surgery but won’t know for certain until his scan results are back. Hopefully just the 4-6 weeks out.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

There's been interest in Holbrook and Thompson since last year. I think we'll do well to keep him, can't see him signing a new deal with us. That said we kept walmsley, another couple of years would be fantastic if we could manage it.

Learning All The Songs

Make him one of our Marque players runs his blood to water does Luke, deffo has the force with him.

Got A Season Ticket

There are worse periods of the season to be injured i suppose. Let’s hope he makes a full and swift recovery. Opportunity for the likes of Amor and Ashworth in the meantime.

In The South Stand

Our Rugby League as become a feeder club for Aussie clubs.

Banned

Make him one of our Marque players runs his blood to water does Luke, deffo has the force with him.
    What's the rule wrt the salary cap and home-grown players?

Isn't there a maximum value counted on the cap?

Or is that restricted to just one player?

Upside
    Non Members

Always felt Sutton was underrated

Very tough good player, seems lighter and quicker since leaving for the NRL

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    Our Rugby League as become a feeder club for Aussie clubs.

Such is the gap that now exists

Their game has progressed massively, they have more finance, money means they can pick the best players

We need more money, how's that done? That's a bigger question, but this proves we have the players

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Always felt Sutton was underrated

Very tough good player, seems lighter and quicker since leaving for the NRL
    Well, you would, wouldn't you.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had a half'n'half scarf.

Upside
    Non Members

Don't be worried about praising an opposition player, the world won't end

Banned

Don't be worried about praising an opposition player, the world won't end
    I praised Bateman in this very thread.

But Sutton is in the same bracket as Ricky Bibey or Bryn Hargreaves or Dom Crosby. Just Joey Average SL props.

Upside
    Non Members

I praised Bateman in this very thread.

But Sutton is in the same bracket as Ricky Bibey or Bryn Hargreaves or Dom Crosby. Just Joey Average SL props.
    I wouldn't call Bibey average, he wasn't that good! Hargreaves was a good decent workhorse, I did rate Crosby but he has proved me wrong, he is average.
    Sutton has something about him, I like him as a player but let's see how he progresses

In The South Stand

I wouldn't call Bibey average, he wasn't that good! Hargreaves was a good decent workhorse, I did rate Crosby but he has proved me wrong, he is average.
    Sutton has something about him, I like him as a player but let's see how he progresses
    Sutton has size on his side, but he never realised any of his potential in Super League. His signing is probably based on a recommendation from someone at Wigan or Bateman himself as there is nothing on video in a Sky game to base it on. He's probably on next to nothing, comparative to what he's on here, just going as a roll of the dice to see if he can make it from both parties whilst having a paid holiday in Australia. He'll no doubt come back to Wigan or another Super League side on a bigger deal as a former NRL player. If he does make it, fair play to him it's a tough ask and the fashionability of being an English forward will only carry him so far. Just wait till a Matty Lees or Luke Thompson goes over and they realise what a goldmine certain parts of Super League actually are.

Noooobie

I'm with Upside on this! Sutton always looked a decent young prop at Wigan. However his form in the NRL has exceeded my expectations of him. He's playing at 13 and playing very well.