Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Common sense at last

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Common sense at last

Playing the ball 'in' to an opponent

https://www.rugby-league.com/article...referee-policy

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Yes but there is no such thing as common sense. So we will move from criticism of referees for being consistent and strict.

To criticism of referees for a lack of consistency as some players will get penalised were as others won't as it will be down to interpretation.

How long until defenders up their gamesmanship now to try and get a penalty the other way?

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Yes but there is no such thing as common sense. So we will move from criticism of referees for being consistent and strict.

To criticism of referees for a lack of consistency as some players will get penalised were as others won't as it will be down to interpretation.

How long until defenders up their gamesmanship now to try and get a penalty the other way?
    They need to keep an eye on this I thought the constant penalties were starting to have a good effect. Players seemed to be clearing the ruck quicker to stop themselves being penalised and we were starting to see it less.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Its a good start but the tackler still needs to roll away, if they want a clean PTB they have missed the opportunity for the marker to have no contact at all when the player puts the ball to floor to play, how many times have we seen the marker still interfering to slow things down.

Its another positive for teams like us who have lots of mobility in the side.

Might take a few games for Gigot to get use to this ruling so we could see a few penalties go our way on Sunday.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 23rd April 2019 at 18:56.

In The South Stand

The Castleford Catalans game was an absolute embarrassment concerning this style of cheating. No doubt it was this the "last straw" that made the RFL take action.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    The Castleford Catalans game was an absolute embarrassment concerning this style of cheating. No doubt it was this the "last straw" that made the RFL take action.
    I was really surprised at Shenton, I thought he had more about him than that. His was one of the worst I have seen, but I'm glad he did it because of the changes it has brought.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I was really surprised at Shenton, I thought he had more about him than that. His was one of the worst I have seen, but I'm glad he did it because of the changes it has brought.
    I suspect he was still feeling aggrieved at Catalans receiving an undeserved penalty earlier in the game. Yes it was cringeworthy but it has done some good as you say.