Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morgan knowles

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Morgan knowles

Morgan Knowles receives a 1 match ban for a tackle on Albert Kelly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    Morgan Knowles receives a 1 match ban for a tackle on Albert Kelly.

A big miss, as he's been brilliant this season - which itself builds on the last couple of seasons. His defence and general 'grubbing it' with the ball in the congested middle is phenomenal. He reminds me a bit of Andy Platt in playing style and toughness, but Knowles has developed more than decent distribution skills.

To think he's only 22!! If he keeps this rate of progression, he's going to be a world class player.

Learning All The Songs

Not the end of the world, on the bright side he gets a weeks rest which he has more than deserved.

Pack now missing three regulars. May have to bring back Douglas this week against the massive Catalan pack.

Got A Season Ticket

Is this the one where the ref didn't even see it as a penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    Is this the one where the ref didn't even see it as a penalty?
    Milked by Kelly who was obviously not match fit, looked shattered throughout the game, and took the opportunity to have a little break when Knowles gripped him, to be fair a couple of our players have done similar last season, putting the referee in an awkward spot

In The South Stand

What was it actually for? This happened right in line with us and there was literally nothing in it. Kelly got up gripping his chest like he was having a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    What was it actually for? This happened right in line with us and there was literally nothing in it. Kelly got up gripping his chest like he was having a heart attack.
    McDonalds Chicken nuggets have also got a caution from the RFL re Kelly Grade A.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Wasn't it Kelly who had Knowles legs above the vertical in a tackle but never got pinned for it. For the Catalan game Paulo to loose forward perhaps.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Looking back at the highlights of our recent games and only just noticed how involved Knowles has been. He’s been immense. He’s had a hands in plenty tries, taken the ball to the line at first reciever to set up our moves, been supporting when we’ve made breaks and been big in defence. Its easy for these things to go unnoticed, but he’s been brilliant.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Wasn't it Kelly who had Knowles legs above the vertical in a tackle but never got pinned for it. For the Catalan game Paulo to loose forward perhaps.
    He played well starting there against Hull. Seemed to relish a creating role and got two lovely assists. Big chance for him. That's the way the squad seem to be seeing injuries - no fear about who is missing, simply one man's loss is anothers gain in opportunity. Look at Matty Lees last season and then again Monday, he was fantastic and back in top form

Got A Season Ticket

After seeing the RFL notes on this I do remember the incident, Knowles tries to twist Kelly while he is on the floor but only has hold of his arm, so only his arm moves and goes behind his back, looked like a chicken wing tackle, deserved his one match and lucky to not get a yellow on the day

After seeing the RFL notes on this I do remember the incident, Knowles tries to twist Kelly while he is on the floor but only has hold of his arm, so only his arm moves and goes behind his back, looked like a chicken wing tackle, deserved his one match and lucky to not get a yellow on the day
    As much as I hate to say it you're correct I noticed it, it was a chicken wing tackle. I don't think there was any intent but players need protection.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Looking back at the highlights of our recent games and only just noticed how involved Knowles has been. He’s been immense. He’s had a hands in plenty tries, taken the ball to the line at first reciever to set up our moves, been supporting when we’ve made breaks and been big in defence. Its easy for these things to go unnoticed, but he’s been brilliant.
    His game has gone to a new level this season. He's going to be world class very soon, an absolute cert to play for England / GB the way he's going. He's got everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Got A Season Ticket The Meister's Avatar

Did anyone notice the effort which Knowles (&Roby) put in to get back to cover the Williams try just before half time on Good Friday.
    Talk about never giving up - this guy Knowles may turn into a legend along the lines of Chris Joynt.
    “With great power comes great responsibility”

Quote Originally Posted by The Meister View Post
    Did anyone notice the effort which Knowles (&Roby) put in to get back to cover the Williams try just before half time on Good Friday.
    Talk about never giving up - this guy Knowles may turn into a legend along the lines of Chris Joynt.
    Possibly down under.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    His game has gone to a new level this season. He's going to be world class very soon, an absolute cert to play for England / GB the way he's going. He's got everything.
    Yeh i agree mate. He’s quality.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    As much as I hate to say it you're correct I noticed it, it was a chicken wing tackle. I don't think there was any intent but players need protection.
    Which side of the pitch do you sit on? I was in line with it in the North and couldn't see anything like that.

So after Monday’s games u Morgan was the only player cited . So there wasn’t one bad tackle in any of the other games . Laughable. What a joke ..

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by mr chips View Post
    So after Monday’s games u Morgan was the only player cited . So there wasn’t one bad tackle in any of the other games . Laughable. What a joke ..

The panel did review twenty seven cases and only Knowles was worthy of suspension. Does make you think.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    The panel did review twenty seven cases and only Knowles was worthy of suspension. Does make you think.
    Makes you think what?

Default Should have gone to specsavers

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Makes me think they should have gone to specsavers.

Shenton should have been charged for making the game look an absolute laughing stock.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Which side of the pitch do you sit on? I was in line with it in the North and couldn't see anything like that.
    I was sat in line with it on the South stand - so the position of Kelly's arm would have been obscured by Knowles body from your side - in the days of video reviews you are never going to get away with it

Banned

I was sat in line with it on the South stand - so the position of Kelly's arm would have been obscured by Knowles body from your side - in the days of video reviews you are never going to get away with it unless you wear cherry & white
    Just corrected that for you