Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Lomax

Default Lomax

What a season this fella is having!

In my opinion, he has always been quality and has that X Factor, but he seems to have improved again on what was a cracking season for the lad last year.

He's so important to the team, and he makes something out of nothing. Having a cracking season and long may it continue!

Starting A Programme Collection

JL deserves to be a fans favourite, deserves the raptures in the form of a song or chant. Let's produce one for him.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    JL deserves to be a fans favourite, deserves the raptures in the form of a song or chant. Let's produce one for him.
    I remember going to the Wire game at the end of last season and there was a bloke stood infront of me singing "We've got.. Jonny Lomax, We've got.. Jonny Lomax" for 80 minutes straight. Surely he deserves better than that!!

Got A Season Ticket

Couldn't agree more - for me he is our most important player. I don't think it's any coincidence that, IMO our 4 best performances (Cas, Wire, Wigan on Friday and Hull yesterday) he has been the best player on the pitch.

Think he is currently the best player in the league, and felt he was up there last year although he seemed to go under the radar somewhat.

He absolutely should be a fans favourite, he has overcome great adversity to be where he is now, and has been a model professional throughout

And he’s one of our own

Having his best ever season. If he was a superstar marquee signing you wouldn’t have any complaints

Learning All The Songs

A couple of seasons ago I wanted rid of him always injured and thought h was a drain on our salary cap like Wheeler.

How wrong was I , superb player exceptional talent loved by all

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

He baffles the opposition at close quarters with that slow "back and side" step, reminds me of the stuff Shane Cooper use to do. He's almost the complete player and our centres/wingers expect and are very aware of the unexpected when Lomax is around.

I think we are lucky to have Lomax not just because of his attacking prowess but also as his defence is almost peerless when set against other half backs (with the possible exception of Fages?).

Banned

According to the Sky Stats, he made 16 tackle busts on Monday, from 12 carries.

That's some going!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I said on another thread he is nearly the perfect rugby league player.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I can't think of any other player in SL with the vision and awareness that he has, a real star. I hope Bennett is taking notice.

In The South Stand

Always a good player, seemingly dogged by injuries in the past. Now injury free and, in my opinion, having benefitted from Barba being in the team, Jonny is turning in to a great player. Always had the attitude and skill, just not the right players around him. Freed from the duties of full back, he's made his current position his own, brilliant season for him. Credit to the coach for bringing the best out of Jonny and indeed, all the players.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Always a good player, seemingly dogged by injuries in the past. Now injury free and, in my opinion, having benefitted from Barba being in the team, Jonny is turning in to a great player. Always had the attitude and skill, just not the right players around him. Freed from the duties of full back, he's made his current position his own, brilliant season for him. Credit to the coach for bringing the best out of Jonny and indeed, all the players.
    But did you see the look on Holbrooks face yesterday when he came down to the West stand , yes he was applauding the fans , but he certainly wasnt smiling , I was in the bottom of the South , and watched him all the way , hope he didn't have other things on his mind = ie Thompson.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    But did you see the look on Holbrooks face yesterday when he came down to the West stand , yes he was applauding the fans , but he certainly wasnt smiling , I was in the bottom of the South , and watched him all the way , hope he didn't have other things on his mind = ie Thompson.
    "It doesn't look good". Is the only thing I've seen written about his injury. Given it seemed to be the front of his shin he was hurting and the way he walked off, I'd be amazed if it were anything to severe. No harm in Luke having a 6 or weeks off given the games we've got coming up, keeps him fresh for the business end of the season. Only the Huddersfield game is a genuine concern if we get any more knocks in the pack given the lead we have in the league.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    "It doesn't look good". Is the only thing I've seen written about his injury. Given it seemed to be the front of his shin he was hurting and the way he walked off, I'd be amazed if it were anything to severe. No harm in Luke having a 6 or weeks off given the games we've got coming up, keeps him fresh for the business end of the season. Only the Huddersfield game is a genuine concern if we get any more knocks in the pack given the lead we have in the league.
    Agreed, the run of games we have up until Warrington is quite a nice one. As you say the only one to be concerned about is Huddersfield as it’s the only must win game. They look quite poor anyway and we should have far too much for them as long as there aren’t too many more injuries.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Agreed, the run of games we have up until Warrington is quite a nice one. As you say the only one to be concerned about is Huddersfield as it’s the only must win game. They look quite poor anyway and we should have far too much for them as long as there aren’t too many more injuries.
    They are poor but with the ability to step it up once in a while, somwe have to prepare for huddersfields best which is a decent team

Learning All The Songs

Holbrook doesn’t smile when clapping the fans quite regularly, I wouldn’t read too much into that. Seen a few different things on Thompson. If he has what they think then it’s probably about 6 weeks which isn’t a disaster but I’ve seen someone say he had a protective boot on but that he said it was just twisted and he was going home and not to hospital. He did sit and watch the whole game, after he came off, with the rest off the players which again suggests it probably isn’t that bad.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

He's not really had a happy face for quite a while now since the Catalan loss, in the pre match interviews he seems to have a worry look about him, maybe he is feeling a little bit of pressure with players not being available at short notice and all the disruption that goes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    He's not really had a happy face for quite a while now since the Catalan loss, in the pre match interviews he seems to have a worry look about him, maybe he is feeling a little bit of pressure with players not being available at short notice and all the disruption that goes with it.

He’s a bit worried about Hardaker...... Like Rogues keeps saying, if you were going through what he was blah blah blah.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.