Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monday’s team

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    St.Helens 19 man squad:

1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 5. Regan Grace, 7. Danny Richardson, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Luke Thompson, 12. Joseph Paulo, 15. Morgan Knowles, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dom Peyroux, 18. Adam Swift, 19. Matty Lees, 20. Jack Ashworth, 21. Aaron Smith, 23. Lachlan Coote, 25. Joe Batchelor, 29. Jack Welsby.
    No Fages mmm??.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The West Stand

Coote
    Makinson Naiqama Welbsy Grace
    Lomax Richardson
    Amor Smith Ashworth
    Batchelor Peyroux
    Paulo

Roby Knowles Lees Walmsley (or Thompson)

Would be my choice

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Good to see Batchelor featuring in the 19. I more or less expected Costello or Bentley in the 19.
    It will be interesting who goes into Percival's place, Peyroux, Batchelor, Welsby or a re-work of the 3/4 line and Swift on the wing? That left hand side missing Percival and Taia will look a bit strange.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Good to see Batchelor featuring in the 19. I more or less expected Costello or Bentley in the 19.
    It will be interesting who goes into Percival's place, Peyroux, Batchelor, Welsby or a re-work of the 3/4 line and Swift on the wing? That left hand side missing Percival and Taia will look a bit strange.
    Presumably Paulo to left SR? Be interesting how he'd go there.

There's 5 props in that 19. Assuming Smith gets one bench spot, will we really go with 3 other out and out props on the bench? (I know Ashworth has played some SR, as well as centre in his early days, but he's nowhere near got the versatility of LMS). Then again, it's going to be another warm day, so spelling the big men more (even with reduced interchanges) might help stave off inevitable exhaustion.

Think I'd go with Makinson to left centre and Swift on the right wing. The alternative is Welsby at left centre; with Oaulo filling in on that side and Grace still not exactly experienced, the experience and leadership of Makinson would help.

Hull are rotating too.
    Houghton, Griffin , Paea and Ellis those of not eleft out from Friday among others. Possibly targetting games they think they can win?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Presumably Paulo to left SR? Be interesting how he'd go there.

There's 5 props in that 19. Assuming Smith gets one bench spot, will we really go with 3 other out and out props on the bench? (I know Ashworth has played some SR, as well as centre in his early days, but he's nowhere near got the versatility of LMS). Then again, it's going to be another warm day, so spelling the big men more (even with reduced interchanges) might help stave off inevitable exhaustion.

Think I'd go with Makinson to left centre and Swift on the right wing. The alternative is Welsby at left centre; with Oaulo filling in on that side and Grace still not exactly experienced, the experience and leadership of Makinson would help.
    Interesting ideas Webbo. I wonder whether Walmsley and Thompson can play 50 minutes. If so I would pick them. The big issue for me is left centre and left second row. I would put Bachelor and Welsby there

I don’t think Makinson is a centre and I would leave the right side alone. Smith on the bench so Roby plays 50 minutes. Knowles at loose forward for me. Paulo Lees and Amor on the bench. Maybe Bachelor and Welsby next to Grace is too big a defensive risk. I don’t know

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

With Fages, Percival, LMS and Taia already out of the side I wouldn't rest anyone because Hull are challenging for top 5 now so if we consolidate that top 2 early then we've got no pressure. Most of our hard work is done and our next 5 super league games 4 of those are home games, so we could start to look at rotation in the month of May.

Congrats to Makinson top metre maker now in Superleague.

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Costello & Bentley are in our 19 man squad v Dewsbury, along with Luke Douglas (of course) and Josh Eaves.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    Costello & Bentley are in our 19 man squad v Dewsbury, along with Luke Douglas (of course) and Josh Eaves.
    At least they are getting some game time. This time of year must be quite a worry for the dual-reg clubs, not knowing which players will be available to them due to the quick turn around. Did the clubs agree who would be available before the Good Friday game or are they able to utilise those not in the 19?

At least they are getting some game time. This time of year must be quite a worry for the dual-reg clubs, not knowing which players will be available to them due to the quick turn around. Did the clubs agree who would be available before the Good Friday game or are they able to utilise those not in the 19?
    According to Mike Latham (Chairman) we get told by Saints before EACH game which of your players are available for selection.
    Would have loved to have Costello & Bentley for the Good Friday game at Widnes, rather than the Dewsbury one....but still grateful we can borrow them on Monday.

In The South Stand

I am sure that Smith has played centre for you how did he shape up.?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    St.Helens 19 man squad:

1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 5. Regan Grace, 7. Danny Richardson, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Luke Thompson, 12. Joseph Paulo, 15. Morgan Knowles, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dom Peyroux, 18. Adam Swift, 19. Matty Lees, 20. Jack Ashworth, 21. Aaron Smith, 23. Lachlan Coote, 25. Joe Batchelor, 29. Jack Welsby.
    A real chance for a couple of young players to put down a marker for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    I am sure that Smith has played centre for you how did he shape up.?
    Think it was Halifax away, didn't go to that one. Good little player though....

Got A Season Ticket

Thought we had stopped putting square pegs in round holes with the Cunningham area. There is a reason Hull keep attacking down our left hand side and we keep attacking down our right, replace injured players with like for like.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

How did Bachelor go today. And Paulo starting.

???
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Any obvious injuries from today?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by french and conlon View Post
    Any obvious injuries from today?
    Thompson syndesmosis ankle injury. Holbrook said it doesn't look good but no timeframe on injury yet. Let's hope it's not a long term one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Can I just say that was a fantastic team effort today.Easter Monday games are usually very flat and with 10 mins gone, down 0-10 and with Thomson going off I feared the worst but hats off to that team for playing with such flair and energy today. We absolutely blitzed Hull for pace, energy and invention. All the newcomers payed well and Ashworth, Knowles and Lees lead from the front with really strong performances. Add to that the class of Lomax, Roby and Coote along with the power and speed of Naquama and Swift and what you got was an afternoon of brilliant running and ball handling in the sunshine.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Can I just say that was a fantastic team effort today.Easter Monday games are usually very flat and with 10 mins gone, down 0-10 and with Thomson going off I feared the worst but hats off to that team for playing with such flair and energy today. We absolutely blitzed Hull for pace, energy and invention. All the newcomers payed well and Ashworth, Knowles and Lees lead from the front with really strong performances. Add to that the class of Lomax, Roby and Coote along with the power and speed of Naquama and Swift and what you got was an afternoon of brilliant running and ball handling in the sunshine.
    100% great team performance today. A pleasure to watch in the sun.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    How did Bachelor go today. And Paulo starting.

???
    Did well but could see he was struggling with the match fitness which is to be expected..

Paulo some nice passes and didn't do a lot wrong either

Got A Season Ticket

Richardson has just shown why we're a better team with him in for me. I've never seen Jonny with as much space in my life and each time it was off the back off Danny going to the line and finding the right man. 9 tries down our right

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

A great performance. Hopefully Thompson is okay. Holbrook did say LMS and Percival would be out for a while then said a few weeks so hopefully not as bad as it sounds.

Learning All The Songs

Shows that we can attack down the right hand side.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Thought our middle was absolutely outstanding again. Read Lee Radford’s comments before the game today and I read Adrian Lam’s comments before Friday’s game, both highlighted it but it’s one thing talking about it and another thing stopping it. 10/15 minutes into the game our forwards stepped it up and Hull just couldn’t live with it. They aren’t a bunch of no hopers either, even though they had a few missing Sika Manu, Minichello, Taylor, Westerman, Matongo etc aren’t poor players and have played at the top level but the energy that Lees, Ashworth, Amor, Knowles, Thompson, Roby etc played with just blew them away. Teams just can’t live with those blokes at the minute. We didn’t even have Walmsley and LMS out there today which shows just how strong we are in that department.

On the back of that I thought Jonny Lomax was on another level again, absolute masterclass. Again though, it’s so much easier for the likes of Coote, Lomax and Naquima when they’re facing a defence that’s going backwards and is out of position because they’ve just been bent early on in the set. Those tries on the edges came about because of what our forwards did prior to that.

Great to see Swift in such good nick as well, took his tries really well and carried the ball well too.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danhamon8 View Post
    Richardson has just shown why we're a better team with him in for me. I've never seen Jonny with as much space in my life and each time it was off the back off Danny going to the line and finding the right man. 9 tries down our right

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Yes Richardson's passing and second phase was excellent today, lots of players running off him, KN seems to like early ball for that extra second of space.

Morgan Knowles workrate was outstanding this afternoon, very Robyesque performance. Thought Batchelor went OK for the first 60 mins and didn't look out of place.

When we went 10 points down I wasn't particularly worried because I could see we were quite capable of creating gaps with the tempo and energy of our forwards.