Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monday’s team

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Monday’s team

I know it’s a bit early but what do people think the team will resemble on Monday? LMS and Percy already ruled out for a while and I would imagine that Roby won’t play. Amor and Ashworth will definitely come in but should we rest others? Presuming everyone else plays I would go with,

Coote
    Swift
    Naqiuma
    Makinson
    Grace
    Lomax
    Richardson
    Walmsley
    Smith
    Thompson
    Zeb
    Peyroux
    Knowles

Paulo
    Amor
    Ashworth
    Lees

I’ve put Swift in as I presume he didn’t play for Leigh yesterday? Makinson can do a job in the centres or do we just bring Costello in and go like for like?

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    I know it’s a bit early but what do people think the team will resemble on Monday? LMS and Percy already ruled out for a while and I would imagine that Roby won’t play. Amor and Ashworth will definitely come in but should we rest others? Presuming everyone else plays I would go with,

Coote
    Swift
    Naqiuma
    Makinson
    Grace
    Lomax
    Richardson
    Walmsley
    Smith
    Thompson
    Zeb
    Peyroux
    Knowles

Paulo
    Amor
    Ashworth
    Lees

I’ve put Swift in as I presume he didn’t play for Leigh yesterday? Makinson can do a job in the centres or do we just bring Costello in and go like for like?
    I would imagine he’ll bring Costello in again.

We’ll know a lot more when the squad is announced today but it’s a tricky one as Hull are a decent side on their day and if we make wholesale changes they have every chance of turning us over

Got A Season Ticket Jack Reacher's Avatar

Welsby at centre for me. Possibly play Bentley and rest Zeb

Got A Season Ticket

Peyroux at centre, with Bentley playing.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Makinson at centre Swift on the wing is the least disruptive with not much loss in quality, otherwise give Welsby the centre spot, also Peyroux at centre as a last resort. We seem to cover all bases for the loss of Percival.

Ashworth to come in for the loss of LMS, if we are going to rest anybody I would do it with Roby giving Smith another bench spot.

Got the feeling Fages will play and Richardson to drop out of the 17.

I feel he should give Swift some game time. Last time we had a centre injured he played Welsby there not Costello.

Starting A Programme Collection

Fages will come in. DR should be packed off to Leigh and stay there.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

I’d of liked to see Douglas come in but think he played for Leigh also yesterday

Learning All The Songs

Happy to rest as many as possible. A four point lead means a defeat is no disaster. Also we got cup game coming up etc

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Go with Parky's ealier call. However would rest one of Warmsley/Thompson.
    Richardson was limping, would bring in Welsby if he doesn't make it.
    No need to rush Fages.

Coote
    Swift Naqiuma Makinson Grace
    Lomax Richardson

Amor Smith Ashworth
    Zeb Peyroux
    Knowles

Paulo Bentley Lees
    (Walmsley orThompson)

In The South Stand

Welsby, Swift, Amor, Bentley and Costello to get in the 17.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Hull really are a Jekyll & Hyde team.

If you go through their side they've got some decent players there.

Ok we have to replace the injured players but I wouldn't be too keen on testing toi nany

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Hull really are a Jekyll & Hyde team.

If you go through their side they've got some decent players there.

Ok we have to replace the injured players but I wouldn't be too keen on testing toi nany
    Their away record is fantastic too, though they haven't played many top teams away. They had a pretty easy canter second half so should be pretty fresh. Taylor should be missing though through a ban.

Need to be smart and rotate some Monday and some next week rather than all at once, ideally having a big pack in against Hull so Sneyd, Kelly and Conor dont have a platform to play

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Makinson at centre Swift on the wing is the least disruptive with not much loss in quality, otherwise give Welsby the centre spot, also Peyroux at centre as a last resort. We seem to cover all bases for the loss of Percival.

Ashworth to come in for the loss of LMS, if we are going to rest anybody I would do it with Roby giving Smith another bench spot.

Got the feeling Fages will play and Richardson to drop out of the 17.
    Agreed Swift is a known quantity and TM has played centre before. He tried Welsby earlier so maybe he will go with him again, but he will be up against some big opposition. A lot will depend on how much it took out of our pack on Fri. I hope Fages is fully fit/ The LMS injury seems pretty much confirmed; but Percy with a hamstring, I don't think they will know until after a scan.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    Happy to rest as many as possible. A four point lead means a defeat is no disaster. Also we got cup game coming up etc

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
    Not for me. Warrington and Cas both have potentially tricky fixtures on Monday so we have a potential opportunity to put some real daylight between us and the rest. I also think going two from two over Easter can be really good for morale, so I don’t think we should go into this one thinking it’s not so important to win (otherwise we may as well have just rested everyone for the derby and saved ourselves for the home game).

For me we should give Roby a rest if he needs it but otherwise the best players available should play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Not for me. Warrington and Cas both have potentially tricky fixtures on Monday so we have a potential opportunity to put some real daylight between us and the rest. I also think going two from two over Easter can be really good for morale, so I don’t think we should go into this one thinking it’s not so important to win (otherwise we may as well have just rested everyone for the derby and saved ourselves for the home game).

For me we should give Roby a rest if he needs it but otherwise the best players available should play.
    There's a balance between the two.

Don't rotate and you end up like last year.
    Do a Millward and you get a counterproductive hiding.

Swift ,Amor and Ashworth are reved and ready to go. Give them a run.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Roby only played 50 minutes yesterday. Start Roby, bring on Smith to spell him/play the last 30 if the game is won. I’d be more inclined to play a full strength team with Fages in for Richardson, I’d keep Peyroux at left centre for now and bring in Ashworth & Amor in for LMS & Percival. With Hull on a good run of form I’d rather use the Catalan home match the following week to rest a few players if needed.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Roby only played 50 minutes yesterday. Start Roby, bring on Smith to spell him/play the last 30 if the game is won. I’d be more inclined to play a full strength team with Fages in for Richardson, I’d keep Peyroux at left centre for now and bring in Ashworth & Amor in for LMS & Percival. With Hull on a good run of form I’d rather use the Catalan home match the following week to rest a few players if needed.
    I would agree with you about Roby but Holbrook did say post-match that Roby was ‘crook’ all week. Likewise it sounds like Fages is borderline. So I’m quite content to see them not picked, even if theoretically they could play; it’s resting other players purely for the sake of rotation that I don’t agree with (I don’t buy the theory that we burned out last year).

Learning All The Songs

I would agree with you about Roby but Holbrook did say post-match that Roby was ‘crook’ all week. Likewise it sounds like Fages is borderline. So I’m quite content to see them not picked, even if theoretically they could play; it’s resting other players purely for the sake of rotation that I don’t agree with (I don’t buy the theory that we burned out last year).

Fages was declared fit to play against WIgan but The coach decided against it.

Default Monday’s team

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Fages was declared fit to play against WIgan but The coach decided against it.
    Not quite what Holbrook said after the game:

“Theo is not quite right – he had a chance for today but could not make it through training.”

From St Helens Star.

Learning All The Songs

Not quite what Holbrook said after the game:

“Theo is not quite right – he had a chance for today but could not make it through training.”

From St Helens Star.

Just quoting what Sky said before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Just quoting what Sky said before the game.
    I’m guessing that by ‘declared fit’ Sky probably just meant ‘named in the 19’.

In The South Stand

Theo not in the squad for Hull,Batchelor and Welsby are so maybe one of them to replace Percy ? Batchelor has been playing there at York.

St.Helens 19 man squad:

1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 5. Regan Grace, 7. Danny Richardson, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Luke Thompson, 12. Joseph Paulo, 15. Morgan Knowles, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dom Peyroux, 18. Adam Swift, 19. Matty Lees, 20. Jack Ashworth, 21. Aaron Smith, 23. Lachlan Coote, 25. Joe Batchelor, 29. Jack Welsby.

Zeb must be gassed as well.