Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tom Davies

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Southstandsaint View Post
    I can remember in the 1990’s in a championship decider match at Central Park , Wigan players high-fiveing each other after tackling Kevin Ward which resulted in a career ending broken leg .
    I can remember Steve Hampson tapping him on the shoulder in a solidarity reference as he was strechered off, Hampson had suffered two broken legs and numerous injuries before having a injury free rum in his late twenties, think it was Denis Betts who made the tackle he walked away distraught. Joynty said in his book that for the remaining time left most lads were almost playing tick, it affected them on both sides badly. I cannot remember high fives but have it on a vhs tape in the loft and will check that, if I can find a video recorder.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 20th April 2019 at 19:29.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Anyone see that 12 fingered inbred from Wigan abusing scully on twitter, saying he was probably cheering with all us scousers when Davies got injured. Full on keyboard warrior
    The Cheif last year when we were beaten by Catalan a small few posters on here wished injury on Edwards, with one person wishing a broken neck on him, only recently a poster on here wished all the Wigan team career ending injuries, we have as many keyboard warriors on this site.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

First up I'm gutted for the lad just awful to see. Hope he makes a good speedy recovery.

Reading some wiganers online since yesterday has been really funny. Wow some of them are deluded.

People saying we cheered his injury what a load of bollocks, we cheered because we thought it was a good hit. No way we could see how bad it was from the back of the North. We gave applause when he left the field.

Peyroux should be in jail? It was barely a yellow and no ban says it all.

The ref was harsh on them with penalties, give over we completely ruined them set for set. That has a knock on effect, if your struggling to match us your going to start giving penalties away.

Sorry but the score flattered them they were nowhere near us yesterday. Not just being bullied up front but playing the ball to nobody, passing the ball to us on our line and throwing the ball to us from the scrum were brilliant moments.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    I can remember Steve Hampson tapping him on the shoulder in a solidarity reference as he was strechered off, Hampson had suffered two broken legs and numerous injuries before having a injury free rum in his late twenties, think it was Denis Betts who made the tackle he walked away distraught. Joynty said in his book that for the remaining time left most lads were almost playing tick, it affected them on both sides badly. I cannot remember high fives but have it on a vhs tape in the loft and will check that, if I can find a video recorder.
    I think one was Neil Cowie . I’m not suggesting that they were celebrating the injury. It was the tackle that they were reacting to . Sad day all round for Saints really , but especially for Wardy !

In The South Stand

I am pleased to read Reachers news and hope that Tom Davies makes a full recovery,but I do agree that the wiganers are choosing to forget what they have done to Saints in the past, regarding the Kevin Ward injury when it happened a Wigan supporter near me shouted out , " get him a fxxxxxg bed if he is tired " I wasted my time telling him if that guy stays down he is hurt.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Indeed, we have been bullied in the past and great to see us bashing them upfront.

Not sure I recall too much sympathy our way when Terry Newton took out both Long and Gilmour with season enders which cost us the title that year!
    Newton really was a nasty piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Anyone see that 12 fingered inbred from Wigan abusing scully on twitter, saying he was probably cheering with all us scousers when Davies got injured. Full on keyboard warrior
    The hilarious thing is that I read that tweet about 5 minutes into rewatching the match. A few minutes later, Percival stays down after a tackle and — lo and behold — cheering from three sides of the DW.

The fact is fans tend to cheer when a player stays down, usually in the case of a good hit (and that was the case with the Davies incident). I don't think anyone ever genuinely hopes for or enjoys an actual injury, much less a serious one. The universal applause for Davies as he was stretchered off said it all.