Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57

Thread: Tom Davies

  1. #1
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    938
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Tom Davies

    Very best wishes to the lad. Nasty double break. Seems an honest player. Hope he recovers soon as it looked bad.

  2. #2
    Starting A Programme Collection St Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Newton Le Willows
    Posts
    650
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Just watching the game back. Couldn't see it at the stadium but it's a nasty break. All the best Tom

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    2,966
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Think Peyroux will be missing for a few weeks for his hit on Shorrocks.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  4. #4
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    3,782
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Think Peyroux will be missing for a few weeks for his hit on Shorrocks.
    What was wrong with the tackle.

    BTW, The Davies injury looked bad and no one wants to see that. Hopefully he recovers as quickly as possible.

  5. #5
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Think Peyroux will be missing for a few weeks for his hit on Shorrocks.
    Will be a shoulder charge but no contact with the head. Is that likely to warrant a few weeks?

  6. #6
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,454
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Tom Davies

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Think Peyroux will be missing for a few weeks for his hit on Shorrocks.
    I don’t think so. It was a shoulder charge but no more than that - no contact with the head. It’ll be sin bin sufficient, I’d imagine.

    I echo the sentiments regarding Tom Davies. I didn’t see anything wrong at first and just assumed he was dazed after a good hit. But you could see something was badly wrong from the reaction of the players around him - Leuluai looked distraught. It won’t be a speedy recovery but here’s hoping it goes as smoothly as possible.

  7. #7
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Think Peyroux will be missing for a few weeks for his hit on Shorrocks.
    Honestly i didnt even think it was a yellow all the pies are saying straight red and a savage attack!! If that was a yellow then what was luelui's on walsmley which was also a shoulder charge without head contact???? If you want a good laugh go on their forum and read how biased and blind Childs was!!! Apparently we were never onside never square never plat the ball properly and can't pass backwards. EMBARRASSING to be honest.

  8. #8
    Learning All The Songs Jackbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Hope the lad comes back better and stronger (not against Saints though!) I wish him well in his recovery.

  9. #9
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    3,782
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alshep View Post
    Honestly i didnt even think it was a yellow all the pies are saying straight red and a savage attack!! If that was a yellow then what was luelui's on walsmley which was also a shoulder charge without head contact???? If you want a good laugh go on their forum and read how biased and blind Childs was!!! Apparently we were never onside never square never plat the ball properly and can't pass backwards. EMBARRASSING to be honest.
    They were bullied in the pack so their problems ran much deeper. They had to resort to trying to run round not through us.

    There is a lovely irony in pie eaters moaning Saints players were not square. It’s been one of their pet tactics for years.

  10. #10
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,370
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Good luck to the lad in his recovery,never nice seeing a player carried off like that.

  11. #11
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    10,527
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Very best wishes to the lad. Nasty double break. Seems an honest player. Hope he recovers soon as it looked bad.
    Excellent post

    Best wishes to the lad

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    10,527
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Think Peyroux will be missing for a few weeks for his hit on Shorrocks.
    On first look it looked like a shoulder charge but after a few views I think he gets his angles wrong and tackles like that to keep his head out of the way.

    His arm was definitely raised which isn't a shoulder charge

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    774
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Think Peyroux will be missing for a few weeks for his hit on Shorrocks.
    Why? Is Holbrook paying for him to go on holiday? Zero contact with the head and Shorrocks’ injury made it seem worse than it actually was. He won’t get a ban.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

  14. #14
    Starting A Programme Collection barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashton in Makerfield
    Posts
    943
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    You could see the shock in Davies' face after it happened. He was pale. Horrific injury and I hope he recovers.

    Peyreux should get sinbinning sufficiant. Contact wasn't with the head.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Think Peyroux will be missing for a few weeks for his hit on Shorrocks.

    Was it not smithies?

  16. #16
    Starting A Programme Collection tongey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    866
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Didn’t really know what had happened at the ground to be honest. Got a few texts of folk saying it’s a bad one. Re watched the game when i got home and to fast forward the injury part.

    Sickening injury. Hope the lads ok and wish you a speedy recovery.

  17. #17
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    527
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    So sad. Awful to see a player in so much pain.

  18. #18
    In The West Stand paulscnthorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St Helens
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,302
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    You could see the shock in Davies' face after it happened. He was pale. Horrific injury and I hope he recovers.

    Peyreux should get sinbinning sufficiant. Contact wasn't with the head.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Yep, he looks at it, and I'm no professional lip reader, however I think the phrase he uses is "F**k!!!"

    Best wishes, seems a good lad

  19. #19
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Chiang Rai Thailand
    Posts
    476
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Why? Is Holbrook paying for him to go on holiday? Zero contact with the head and Shorrocks’ injury made it seem worse than it actually was. He won’t get a ban.
    I agree 100% Peyroux's shoulder connected with the Wigan lads chest , nothing like a dangerous tackle . Wigan made a mountain out of it .

  20. #20
    In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,835
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    You could see the shock in Davies' face after it happened. He was pale. Horrific injury and I hope he recovers.

    Peyreux should get sinbinning sufficiant. Contact wasn't with the head.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    It was Knowles reaction that got me, when he realised the extent of the injury he recoiled and pushed his team mate away to give the lad space. Was then I could tell it was bad

  21. #21
    WARNING! PIE EATER!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,960
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    It was Knowles reaction that got me, when he realised the extent of the injury he recoiled and pushed his team mate away to give the lad space. Was then I could tell it was bad
    You could see the look of horror on Knowles face, he didn't want anyone to see the distress Davies was in (his foot was almost 180 degrees in the wrong direction). The last time I saw that was McIlorum in a WCC game, and he was out for fifteen months, lets hope it's not that bad.
    I think Peyroux will get a ban as it was a shoulder charge but it didn't appear to make contact with the head. The worrying thing from Shorrocks perspective is that he lost all feeling in his arms and legs at the time. He was taken to Salford Royal immediately for observation.

  22. #22
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road
    Posts
    943
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    There seems to be a curse on wingers at Wigan.

    Manfredi is out for the season and Burgess has just returned from a long spell out if the game.

    Best wishes to Davies, hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

  23. #23
    In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,835
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    You could see the look of horror on Knowles face, he didn't want anyone to see the distress Davies was in (his foot was almost 180 degrees in the wrong direction). The last time I saw that was McIlorum in a WCC game, and he was out for fifteen months, lets hope it's not that bad.
    I think Peyroux will get a ban as it was a shoulder charge but it didn't appear to make contact with the head. The worrying thing from Shorrocks perspective is that he lost all feeling in his arms and legs at the time. He was taken to Salford Royal immediately for observation.
    If a close proximity shoulder charge is a ban when its shoulder to shoulder, we need to pack the game up and go home. Also if Dom gets one and the Hull KR player doesn't then we really are in a farcical situation

    Agree regarding Knowles, he took a while to spot it but once he did, he did exactly the right thing. Thought he was going to be sick!

  24. #24
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,010
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alshep View Post
    Honestly i didnt even think it was a yellow all the pies are saying straight red and a savage attack!! If that was a yellow then what was luelui's on walsmley which was also a shoulder charge without head contact???? If you want a good laugh go on their forum and read how biased and blind Childs was!!! Apparently we were never onside never square never plat the ball properly and can't pass backwards. EMBARRASSING to be honest.
    I honestly thought Shorocks ran into Peyroux. Cummins said (for what it's worth), that it was no more than a sin bin.

    Hope Davie comes through OK.

  25. #25
    Learning All The Songs Tabasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rivington Road, St Helens
    Posts
    2,242
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Was it not smithies?
    No, it was definitely Peyroux.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •