Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holbrook new contract?

Default Holbrook new contract?

Sure does!!! Heres hoping

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Would be absolutely amazing to get him on a new deal.

Said to my dad after the game when he was being interviewed (Holbrook, not my dad), that look at the comparison between Cunningham and Holbrook in terms of team, style and play.

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Would be absolutely amazing to get him on a new deal.

Said to my dad after the game when he was being interviewed (Holbrook, not my dad), that look at the comparison between Cunningham and Holbrook in terms of team, style and play.
    Yeah, it’s like night and day how well coached and organised the team are now. Everyone looks like they know their role inside out and how they fit in with the overall picture

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Yeah, it’s like night and day how well coached and organised the team are now. Everyone looks like they know their role inside out and how they fit in with the overall picture
    Agreed. Purpose, fitness and aggression. We look a formidable outfit. Seeing Lees and Smith at the end defend the line like it was life and death shows the attitude and competitive spirit thats running through the team under Holbrook.

Full credit to him

Just do it. Best guy we've had in years.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    Just do it. Best guy we've had in years.
    I agree - also fascinating the set up with Longy - I thought Sean’s days were over when Kez was shown the door - that seems to have worked really well

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

To be honest I don't think he has achieved enough to get a head coach job in Aus, but he is the best we have had for a long time. Really hope we tie him down.

Learning All The Songs

The coach is a breath of fresh air and has change the whole culture of the club. It should not be under estimated how important he is. Along with Saint's cultivation of young talent these two things are the key to our resurgence.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    The coach is a breath of fresh air and has change the whole culture of the club. It should not be under estimated how important he is. Along with Saint's cultivation of young talent these two things are the key to our resurgence.
    I’d also add his decision to switch Lomax to 6 to that list as well. He’s been on another level this last 18 months or so and a lot of what we do in attack now is based around having him in that position. He’s tearing teams apart at the minute and has been almost unplayable at times in that position. Brilliant decision.

I’d say that’s probably his main strength, he’s been able to put a structure in place that suits the players we’ve got in the team. We looked balanced last year and we look balanced again this year and the players he’s brought into the team have reflected that IMO. Coote has been a great signing and bringing Fages into the 13 has worked really well too. Both look like good decisions.

Someone mentioned the S&C staff the other day and they’ve been brilliant as well IMO. We rested a fair few players in the super 8’s but prior to that, I doubt we used more than 20/21 players last season which was a real credit to them as well as the players themselves.

Hopefully we’ll be able to perform a bit better in the big games this season, that’s the next test.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

As from the horses mouth , himself his Mrs his kids he's in laws, he's whole family love it over here , as far as a new contract , not a clue .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    As from the horses mouth , himself his Mrs his kids he's in laws, he's whole family love it over here , as far as a new contract , not a clue .
    Hopefully announce Holbrook and Thompson extensions at the same time.

Well nearly a month on and no announcement on an extension of contract. Would have hoped for something by now.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Well nearly a month on and no announcement on an extension of contract. Would have hoped for something by now.
    Really?

And this is based on.......

They will announce something when it is agreed and when the timing suits the club.

Learning All The Songs

The link in the OP said they'd sit down and talk about it in May. Last I checked we're still in May.

I thought Justin said they’d talk about it after the Easter break that’s what I meant by a month.

Saints might announce it before the game on Friday night - live on Sky Sports .

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Signed for Leeds on a 3 year deal, Wane as his assistant, Barba returning to play for Leeds Met and they are all living in the same BB.
    Justin states the decision is based on his father in law, who is a dry stone wall enthusiast, the chance to perfect his technique in Yorkshire being too much to pass on.

Noooobie

Make Holbrook wait.won nothing last season lets see how things go.with these playersit should be easy considering only one decent other team in league

Quote Originally Posted by standoffrequired View Post
    Make Holbrook wait.won nothing last season lets see how things go.with these playersit should be easy considering only one decent other team in league
    That’s a good idea. Give him the opportunity to get a bank busting offer elsewhere, like the NRL, and takes Tommy, Thommo and Walmsley with him! Maybe we can go back to the mediocre style we were playing from 2015 through 2017 under KC.....

No, on second thoughts it’s NOT a good idea to wait. I’d sign him up immediately on a 3 year.

The fact is I’d rather be playing attractive rugby and have a chance to win something rather than risk JH leaving.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Now that comment must take the biscuit.

Got A Season Ticket

Love it - in the middle of all the conjecture you cannot beat a Wednesday wind-up !!

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

And under previous managemtn and without Holbrook, there'd only be one decent team in that case.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

LLS?

When other fans were chanting about Barba going home, I've often said that I'd be more concerned if Holbrook was going home.
    I'm enjoying his time with the club.
    Long may it continue!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

He's trolling.
    Learned comment from The Don