Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Holbrook new contract?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Holbrook new contract?

Sure does!!! Heres hoping

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Would be absolutely amazing to get him on a new deal.

Said to my dad after the game when he was being interviewed (Holbrook, not my dad), that look at the comparison between Cunningham and Holbrook in terms of team, style and play.

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Would be absolutely amazing to get him on a new deal.

Said to my dad after the game when he was being interviewed (Holbrook, not my dad), that look at the comparison between Cunningham and Holbrook in terms of team, style and play.
    Yeah, it’s like night and day how well coached and organised the team are now. Everyone looks like they know their role inside out and how they fit in with the overall picture

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Yeah, it’s like night and day how well coached and organised the team are now. Everyone looks like they know their role inside out and how they fit in with the overall picture
    Agreed. Purpose, fitness and aggression. We look a formidable outfit. Seeing Lees and Smith at the end defend the line like it was life and death shows the attitude and competitive spirit thats running through the team under Holbrook.

Full credit to him

Just do it. Best guy we've had in years.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

The league leaders shield was only brought in because Bradford finished top twice and won nothing. All the johnny come lately fans whinged enough for the Yorkshire mafia to come up with the hubcap.

It's never been taken seriously as a result

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    The league leaders shield was only brought in because Bradford finished top twice and won nothing. All the johnny come lately fans whinged enough for the Yorkshire mafia to come up with the hubcap.

It's never been taken seriously as a result

You are correct about Bradfords involvement here, but I'm not sure where you're getting the 'johnny come lately fan' idea from. Many pre-SL fans wanted to retain some sort of trophy for finishing top of the league before play-offs (which, as you know, used to be played for a separate, less valued, trophy).
    I guess it's just an age thing?

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    You are correct about Bradfords involvement here, but I'm not sure where you're getting the 'johnny come lately fan' idea from. Many pre-SL fans wanted to retain some sort of trophy for finishing top of the league before play-offs (which, as you know, used to be played for a separate, less valued, trophy).
    The SL grand final did not replace the premiership
    The premiership was dropped as was regal trophy and Lancashire and Yorkshire cups
    The league was also dropped, going purely to a grand final play off system
    After a few years the pressure to reward the league leaders with something came from many and as such was introduced

There were to many cups, diluted the games to much. The league meant many teams had nothing to play for in the second half of the season, the play off with one down keeps many teams interested and the pay master happy

Again I ask the question of everyone , if this isn't a suitable system what is? Where is this mythical system that keeps every team alive and interested all year?

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    The SL grand final did not replace the premiership
    The premiership was dropped as was regal trophy and Lancashire and Yorkshire cups
    The league was also dropped, going purely to a grand final play off system
    After a few years the pressure to reward the league leaders with something came from many and as such was introduced

There were to many cups, diluted the games to much. The league meant many teams had nothing to play for in the second half of the season, the play off with one down keeps many teams interested and the pay master happy

Again I ask the question of everyone , if this isn't a suitable system what is? Where is this mythical system that keeps every team alive and interested all year?
    The structure of pre-SL in the decade before was more or less what we have now. It was just that the prize for finishing top of the domestic league, and the prize for winning the end of season play-offs has been flipped in importance. We all know why SKY wanted to do this, and I take your point about there once being too many trophies.

To answer your question, I'm fairly happy with things as they are now. I value the LLS, but I can see the greater importance of winning the GF. It just saddens me when folks see the LLS as 'nothing'.
    For what it's worth...For each game, I strip things back to the basic object of the sport. To beat the other team! In this way, NO games are meaningless and trophies are a bonus.

Upside
    Non Members

The structure of pre-SL in the decade before was more or less what we have now. It was just that the prize for finishing top of the domestic league, and the prize for winning the end of season play-offs has been flipped in importance. We all know why SKY wanted to do this, and I take your point about there once being too many trophies.

To answer your question, I'm fairly happy with things as they are now. I value the LLS, but I can see the greater importance of winning the GF. It just saddens me when folks see the LLS as 'nothing'.
    For what it's worth...For each game, I strip things back to the basic object of the sport. To beat the other team! In this way, NO games are meaningless and trophies are a bonus.
    Sorry but I don't agree with the point that the decade pre super league was the same, SL was a huge change, massive, changed pretty much everything

Upside
    Non Members

But yes I agree with everything else you said

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

By johnny come lately I'm describing the 20,000 Bradford fans who disappeared when they were required to pay for tickets