Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Friday Week

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    The bottom of the article states:

"Powell's team mate Joe Shorrocks and Wakefield's Pauli Pauli avoided bans after officials gave them charges of dangerous contact and striking respectively.

So, as they actually noted the cannonball and decided to sit on their hands, they're even more incompetent - or bent - than you think.
    I think they gave it Grade A, which carries no ban on first offence.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Spend all week with my stomach turning when it comes to Good Friday. I would snap your hand off for any form of win right now. Because , make no mistake, Wigan will be coming at us at 100mph in the first 20 mins to rattle us.

Sent from my FDR-A01L using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Im one of those who feels nervous every game and thats even when watching the recording of a gameI know we won! We are spending the long weekend hiking round the amazing Lake Waikaremoana down here in NZ so wont see ( or hear) the result till mid next week. Wishing you all a wonderful day and COYS.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think they gave it Grade A, which carries no ban on first offence.
    Absolutely right, he was found guilty but the charge was only a low grade (probably because of the angle) so he was given no matches, but this means he now has a record and the next time he did the exact same thing he would get 1 match

The extract below is the actual rule that he broke - its the closest definition of a cannonball tackle on the books - note there is no mention of joints or direction

Rule – 15.1(i) Detail – A defending player, in effecting a tackle, makes dangerous contact (either direct or indirect), or uses a technique which is likely to make dangerous contact (either direct or indirect), with the supporting leg or legs of an attacking player who is being held in the tackle by defender(s), and who is deemed to be in a vulnerable position, in a way that involves an unacceptable risk of injury to that player. Grade – A

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    Absolutely right, he was found guilty but the charge was only a low grade (probably because of the angle) so he was given no matches, but this means he now has a record and the next time he did the exact same thing he would get 1 match

The extract below is the actual rule that he broke - its the closest definition of a cannonball tackle on the books - note there is no mention of joints or direction

Rule – 15.1(i) Detail – A defending player, in effecting a tackle, makes dangerous contact (either direct or indirect), or uses a technique which is likely to make dangerous contact (either direct or indirect), with the supporting leg or legs of an attacking player who is being held in the tackle by defender(s), and who is deemed to be in a vulnerable position, in a way that involves an unacceptable risk of injury to that player. Grade – A
    Its all a bit of a cop out and they usually wait until the injury in a way comes into fashion, Saints have often been on the receiving end, Amor got pinged twice when there wasn't much in it, didn't he get sent off once against the goons for a direct head tackle that wasn't. Also we had Luke Douglas last year for a neck tackle on a Widnes player, despite letting his head have space to move he was banned anyway.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Its all a bit of a cop out and they usually wait until the injury in a way comes into fashion, Saints have often been on the receiving end, Amor got pinged twice when there wasn't much in it, didn't he get sent off once against the goons for a direct head tackle that wasn't. Also we had Luke Douglas last year for a neck tackle on a Widnes player, despite letting his head have space to move he was banned anyway.
    I don't disagree with you. The point that I was making was that the player wasn't found "Not Guilty" of the offence neither was it seen as an acceptable tackle. He was found guilty but because of other circumstances (not explained by the RFL) it was seen as a grade A and he was given the lowest of sanctions allowed.
    In my opinion we have been dealt with unfairly by the Disciplinary on numerous occasions, but (with the exception of Wigan) most fans will feel the same.

Starting A Programme Collection

Friday’s referee is Mr Child
    Monday’s referee is Mr Hicks ..............COYS !

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Enjoy your day on Friday, not too much I hope!!

Most of all stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post

Most of all stay safe.
    From Ben Flowers fist, a cannonball tackle or O’Louglins clothesliners?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.