Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardacker?????

Learning All The Songs

He`s lost some of his zip from previous years, for Regan`s third he was clutching at thin air despite having the angle and the touchline as another defender, though he seems to be okay when into his stride. A few years ago he would wait then whatever his decision was, his pace would get him there the majority of times, nowadays his wait seems like hesitation, his reaction and speed to get there seems slow.
    Lots of players learn to adjust when at 27 they are not quite as sharp as when in their early twenties, he may have do that or like Benny did put a very hard pre-season of sprint training in to try and regain the acceleration back.

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Would normally agree with the comments around pack and team but he isn't returning the ball well, linking up well or defending to great, all basic functions of a full back. He has just looked average, he may improve with more game time
    Possibly he’ll sharpen up but he’ll not get back to 2015 or 2017.

Within that Wigan team there’s very little to “link up well” with to be fair, and his confidence looks shot based on having no trust in the rest of the team.

Having said that, there’s no doubt about his ability, as proven previously.

He clearly has things going on in his head though, he hasn’t grown up yet and he just doesn’t seem to learn.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Possibly he’ll sharpen up but he’ll not get back to 2015 or 2017.

Within that Wigan team there’s very little to “link up well” with to be fair, and his confidence looks shot based on having no trust in the rest of the team.

Having said that, there’s no doubt about his ability, as proven previously.

He clearly has things going on in his head though, he hasn’t grown up yet and he just doesn’t seem to learn.
    What he's got going on his head at the moment would have an effect on any person.

Got A Season Ticket

He's still one of best defensive full backs around I can remember him twice this season making great efforts to save trys I don't think the way Wigan play are a good fit for him in attack
    And as said in the previous post he's got things to deal with in his life off the field as well at the moment

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    He's still one of best defensive full backs around I can remember him twice this season making great efforts to save trys I don't think the way Wigan play are a good fit for him in attack
    And as said in the previous post he's got things to deal with in his life off the field as well at the moment
    I reckon he will never be as good as Wellens in his prime, for me he peaked at Leeds and has flatlined as a truly class player.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post

They say he’s very good under the high ball ( no one told Coote)

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I reckon he will never be as good as Wellens in his prime, for me he peaked at Leeds and has flatlined as a truly class player.
    Nowhere near as good as Wellens in his prime, and Hardakers prime seems to have been pretty short. It was a different game when Wellens won MOS but if you compare the way they both played in their respective MOS years, no comparison. Wellens was the master at backing up at the right time and as safe as houses.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I recon he was playing really well at Cas possibly his best rugby playing behind a dynamic fast moving team. Just plodders at Wigan though.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    I recon he was playing really well at Cas possibly his best rugby playing behind a dynamic fast moving team. Just plodders at Wigan though.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    He`s lost some of his zip from previous years, for Regan`s third he was clutching at thin air despite having the angle and the touchline as another defender, though he seems to be okay when into his stride. A few years ago he would wait then whatever his decision was, his pace would get him there the majority of times, nowadays his wait seems like hesitation, his reaction and speed to get there seems slow.
    Lots of players learn to adjust when at 27 they are not quite as sharp as when in their early twenties, he may have do that or like Benny did put a very hard pre-season of sprint training in to try and regain the acceleration back.
    He just stood rooted to the spot, until it was too late. It looked like he thought Grace was going to come inside and run toward him. A terrible decision that lead to a great spectacle for us.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    He did play better than I've ever seen him in 2017 he had a freedom to play that he hadn't had since he was at featherstone

When you compare Hardaker to Coote, especially on Friday, it shows you the gulf between the two. I said at the time, Hardaker looks a complete shadow of his former self.

Fair enough he's playing behind a pack which are average, but that pack didn't result in him being out-jumped & out-enthused by Coote, the pack didn't force him to get nowhere near Grace, and the pack didn't allow Roby to run allover him on their own try line.

He is absolutely no where near the levels he was at Cas, for whatever reason, but looks nothing like the player he was.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He just stood rooted to the spot, until it was too late. It looked like he thought Grace was going to come inside and run toward him. A terrible decision that lead to a great spectacle for us.
    I have just watched it again on Saints extended highlights, Johnny Lomax puts his hand in the air when Regan cuts inside and wrestled free of their winger, he knew Zak was not going to get near him, I thought he may have ankle tapped him.
    Admittedly I am one Regan`s biggest fans so I will put it down to our boys evasive skills, dumbfounding Hardaker freezing him like a rabbit in the headlights .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    When you compare Hardaker to Coote, especially on Friday, it shows you the gulf between the two. I said at the time, Hardaker looks a complete shadow of his former self.

Fair enough he's playing behind a pack which are average, but that pack didn't result in him being out-jumped & out-enthused by Coote, the pack didn't force him to get nowhere near Grace, and the pack didn't allow Roby to run allover him on their own try line.

He is absolutely no where near the levels he was at Cas, for whatever reason, but looks nothing like the player he was.
    Pretty much agree. I think its fair to say that we can all agree it’s brilliant that Wigan signed him.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    I have just watched it again on Saints extended highlights, Johnny Lomax puts his hand in the air when Regan cuts inside and wrestled free of their winger, he knew Zak was not going to get near him, I thought he may have ankle tapped him.
    Admittedly I am one Regan`s biggest fans so I will put it down to our boys evasive skills, dumbfounding Hardaker like a rabbit in headlights.
    I noticed that. Grace was 30 yards out with men still to beat but Lomax was like ‘finish it Regan!’

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I noticed that. Grace was 30 yards out with men still to beat but Lomax was like ‘finish it Regan!’
    Grace seems to be backing himself a bit more this year, which is great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Grace seems to be backing himself a bit more this year, which is great to see.
    He sure is mate. I said last year that he just needed to back himself more. He would make half a break and be looking for a pass. This season he seems to pin his ears back. Anthony Sullivan never passed a ball in his life to my memory. He just finished things.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    What he's got going on his head at the moment would have an effect on any person.
    FFS, put the violins away. No one gives a rats ar$e about any Wigan players on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    He sure is mate. I said last year that he just needed to back himself more. He would make half a break and be looking for a pass. This season he seems to pin his ears back. Anthony Sullivan never passed a ball in his life to my memory. He just finished things.
    The fact that it is working for him can only increase his confidence. You would think he will only get better.

Lots of people have to get on with doing their jobs whilst bad things are happening to them and around them.

It’s called growing up, and taking responsibility is part of that journey......

My Mother in Law has been diagnosed with cancer, I lost my dad to it a few years ago. My Mrs is in bits over it (she saw it decimate my dad before taking him) but she’s not going off the rails, drink driving or taking banned drugs “because she has issues” she’s knuckling down and digging in for the fight that’s coming. The term “It’s not fair” has been banned in our houses....... and my wife’s not a privileged, well paid sports person given chance after chance.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    FFS, put the violins away. No one gives a rats ar$e about any Wigan players on this site.
    What a sorry post that is and says a lot about you, sadly. Regardless of who he plays for I wouldn't wish for what he is going through on anyone, sportsman, politician, joe public, not anyone.

What a sorry post that is and says a lot about you, sadly. Regardless of who he plays for I wouldn't wish for what he is going through on anyone, sportsman, politician, joe public, not anyone.
    But to be fair, no-one knows what you are talking about so naturally people will only speculate and base their opinion on his many former misdeeds. If and when what he is going through becomes in the public domain then I’m sure there are enough good-hearted people on here to offer appropriate comment and sympathy.