Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Warrington Weak

Got A Season Ticket UhAhGeorgie Mann's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Well that was disappointing
    Never mind, theres always your better training facilities, better performance culture compared to St Helens and better recent performance on the pitch. And you've got Ratchford who is clearly a better player than Coote.

Quote Originally Posted by UhAhGeorgie Mann View Post
    Never mind, theres always your better training facilities, better performance culture compared to St Helens and better recent performance on the pitch. And you've got Ratchford who is clearly a better player than Coote.
    Indeed. Loved the way he provided a red carpet for Regan to dance along.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

That was our best and most complete performance for a long time. Our forwards were excellent and completely dominated and controlled the game. We never really looked like losing the game and first half especially we made a real dent in the Warrington forwards who seemed to tire quickly.

We'll meet several more times and in bigger games no doubt, but that was a real statement and they won't fancy facing us again any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Another great defensive performance to set the platform for that win, our line speed was good for the full 80 mins and we managed to reduce the number of offloads which is a big part of Warrintons game. There were a couple of incidents were Warrington had repeated sets on our line and I felt very confidence in our defensive structure to hold them out.

Another significant part of the game was how they neutralised Ben Murdock-Masila, luckily when Pricey brought him onto the field of play Saints got a lot of good possession and BMM spent the best of his first 10 mins defending against our quicker forwards. We restricted him to 5 carries for 25 metres and I think it was Lomax who got him twice around the legs when he started run on the outer edge.

As for Blake Austin, for me Morgan Knowles did a number on him, Austin looks a bit soft underneath the surface if you hit him hard. Overall Man for Man we won that for every player position on the field.

Got A Season Ticket

Thank you for your wonderful in depth analysis of the match

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    That was our best and most complete performance for a long time. Our forwards were excellent and completely dominated and controlled the game. We never really looked like losing the game and first half especially we made a real dent in the Warrington forwards who seemed to tire quickly.

We'll meet several more times and in bigger games no doubt, but that was a real statement and they won't fancy facing us again any time soon.
    Since, but not as good as the Cas game. Watching that for 80 minutes showed we have it in us to march on this season. Maintaining that level is the key.

Upside
    Non Members

Basic really, we did everything stronger and faster, wire then made errors chasing the game

Think our forwards dominated, that has to be a worry for wire, can they improve in that area?

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post
    Since, but not as good as the Cas game. Watching that for 80 minutes showed we have it in us to march on this season. Maintaining that level is the key.
    I think we have strength in depth which should stand us in good stead this year

It was a better performance than the Cas game for me. I don't think Cas are that strong a side and they were really poor on the night whereas Warrington are genuine title challengers. I think we put a real statement down last night.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    It was a better performance than the Cas game for me. I don't think Cas are that strong a side and they were really poor on the night whereas Warrington are genuine title challengers. I think we put a real statement down last night.
    Saints forwards absolutely dominated , near the end of the game, Hill was getting shut of the ball passing it wide, because he just didn't fancy it , as many have said before he's a bit of a bully , but they always get found our our pack all ten of them "bench included" were magnificent.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Outstanding performance. The first 20 minutes told us everything. Our pack was clearly on a different level and they couldn’t live with it. All they really had in response was an offload game that was dangerous on occasion, but once nullified left them relatively toothless. We’ve laid a real marker down there tonight
    Despite all the lauding (deserved) that some of our backs have received, your dead right for me. It all came from our pack, they were immense to a man last night.

I thought that was better than the Cas game, we were on top in every department against a stronger team than Cas

Just watched some of the match replay and just noticed the Warrington players breaking the rules when Coote was taking the goal kicks, the Warrington players were moving forward as Coote was starting his walk up to kick. For our first penalty kick Blake Austin near the touch line had walked beyond Coote as he contacted the ball.

Noooobie

The more i see that dirty ba$ta@d lineham attempt at murdering grace the more i feel childs needs to find another job. And the panel have basically backed him up by only handing out a grade B like it was just a friendly tickle!! The whole incident and wire attitude was summed up by the grub that is Chris Hill asking Childs what the 8 point try was for......TWICE!! utter sh!te all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Alshep View Post
    The more i see that dirty ba$ta@d lineham attempt at murdering grace the more i feel childs needs to find another job. And the panel have basically backed him up by only handing out a grade B like it was just a friendly tickle!! The whole incident and wire attitude was summed up by the grub that is Chris Hill asking Childs what the 8 point try was for......TWICE!! utter sh!te all round.
    It was a dodgy shot but I think you might be getting a touch carried away.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    It was a dodgy shot but I think you might be getting a touch carried away.

Nevertheless the intent was there and should have been rewarded with more than a one match ban. Lineham has an attitude problem that should be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Nevertheless the intent was there and should have been rewarded with more than a one match ban. Lineham has an attitude problem that should be dealt with.
    Best way to deal with it is put in some heavy legal tackles on him next time around and see if his temperament snaps and starts giving penalties away. Its probably a job for LMS to slam and sledge him.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Best way to deal with it is put in some heavy legal tackles on him next time around and see if his temperament snaps and starts giving penalties away. Its probably a job for LMS to slam and sledge him.
    I said on the Grace thread

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    And his sportsmanship should be applauded. As other posters have mentioned he could’ve made a meal of it.

The best thing he could do was celebrate the try with his teammates as he did. Not the first time hes’s been a good sportsman either.

Lineham will get what’s coming to him on and off the pitch. A ban is likely, and Thommo, LMS and Alex have long memories......

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Les View Post
    Thank you for your wonderful in depth analysis of the match
    It was a quick line to avoid accusations of going missing, I spent the day in Dudley (which is a surprisingly nice place on a bike if a little hilly).
    I went into the match hopeful but certainly not over confident. Up until the sinbinning I thought it was nip and tuck. After it your forwards seemed to find another level of intensity and certainly out muscled our pack. It also seemed to be one of those matches where everything Saints tried came off. No complaints from me about the result. I thought Tom Lineham was a little fortunate to stay on the field and fair play to Grace for not making a meal of it.
    I’m not ready to present you with the SL title just yet though.

Well at least you've not hidden away like Rubber Duckie. Sure he'll show up again when Warrington win a few games

It was a quick line to avoid accusations of going missing, I spent the day in Dudley (which is a surprisingly nice place on a bike if a little hilly).
    I went into the match hopeful but certainly not over confident. Up until the sinbinning I thought it was nip and tuck. After it your forwards seemed to find another level of intensity and certainly out muscled our pack. It also seemed to be one of those matches where everything Saints tried came off. No complaints from me about the result. I thought Tom Lineham was a little fortunate to stay on the field and fair play to Grace for not making a meal of it.
    Probably a fair assessment.

Banned

IUp until the sinbinning I thought it was nip and tuck. After it your forwards seemed to find another level of intensity and certainly out muscled our pack.
    There was a point in the game (can't remember whether it was straight after the sin-binning or the Clarke try), where, with a whipped-up Wire crowd, your team seemed to really hike up the intensity and the defensive line flew in, and carries were that bit more aggressive. I thought we handled it superbly well - calmly & professionally, didn't get sucked in. As a result, that intensity soon faded and our pack dominated from there on.

In The South Stand

Pretty much agree with you.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Thats kind of what i meant with a bit of added drama for people to chew upon

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I think we have strength in depth which should stand us in good stead this year
    Strength in depth in the forwards yes , certainly not in the backs .