Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Warrington Weak

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

I think it's too close to call with us and Warrington this year.

I think it will just come down to who takes to the field on the night. Fully fit I would have us maybe just edging them in a tight game, we seem to be working on winning in those situations this year with good defence. Or possibly goal kicking just getting the better of us. Also the ground seems to play a factor with us both. I'd fancy us more at their place.

This week I'm going to predict a real tough close game with Warrington having too much for us with fages missing. I think the game could have a knock on effect for good friday as well. If it takes a lot out of us and Wigan have a good win, start finding some form, they could have their tails up ready for us next week.

If that does happen, it's not the end of the world. Pressure would start to come off us a bit. I don't like us being hot favourites like last year. It's not these next few games that will define the season it's the ones at the end. Just some good performances and we should pick up a few points over Easter. I'd be more than happy with 2 out of the next 3.

If we did loose to Wire and Wigan I'd also predict fans burning effigies of Richardson and Naiqama outside the town hall.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    I would also prefer that than losing to those lot on good friday.
    ‘Losing to those lot on Good Friday’ ?

Is that the day the nurses wheel you out for a coach trip to Lytham St.annes beach?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

I wish.

You do realise I'm still in my 30's just about.
    Nope i never would have guessed. I suspected you’re
    A. A foul mouthed pensioner
    B. A nasty piece of work
    C. A nasty piece of work (with shares in Hattons)
    D. A druggy/alcoholic (excused by the far left)
    E. A remedial person who still reads Billy Blue Hat/Biff and Kipper books.

A made me laugh.

I'm nice to people who are nice to me, I've had plenty of civil conversations with folk on here, both on the board and via PM, I've also apologised when I've been out of line. I just don't suffer fools and don't see why they should be ignored, call them out for what they are same you're doing now, it doesn't bother me. However it is a bit out of line to accuse someone of being and alcoholic or drug addict, there could be someone on here living with that and I certainly don't know what the far left has to do with anything either. If you think I'm thick or stupid, that's your bag, again, not really bothered, it's certainly not held me back in life. But I'm sure you know different.
    I don’t quite agree. You are quite shi**y with anyone with views different to your own. You aren’t very tolerable at all

I just have a bad feeling that we are in a slump didnt play well against HKR matched Catalans in the forwards but didnt match STomkins in the halves unless we play faster with a fully fit Robes i cant see a win against Wire we seem a bit rudderless without Theo ...Richardson and Welsby just dont work

Quote Originally Posted by mazzie View Post
    I just have a bad feeling that we are in a slump didnt play well against HKR matched Catalans in the forwards but didnt match STomkins in the halves unless we play faster with a fully fit Robes i cant see a win against Wire we seem a bit rudderless without Theo ...Richardson and Welsby just dont work
    Chin up, pal. I also reckon that Warrington will win on Friday but you never know with this saints team. Lomax will be back and Richardson can play when he can be arsed to pull himself off social media.
    COYS

Got A Season Ticket

Should really see big games from Coote, Paulo and Naqaima this Friday seeing as they have been brought in for their big game experience! Richardson should be better this week with a game under his belt and there’s nowt between him and Patton. Hard to call the game, wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we beat them easily but on the other hand they could do the same to us!

Coote has nothing to prove but i would like to see more from Naiqama and especially Josh Perry, sorry, Joseph Paulo.

Like everyones is saying we are due a big game especially from Naiqama Paulo showed what he can do against HKR but we need him to take a more involved role we cant afford cameo appearances of the bench .Cheers fishy

Quote Originally Posted by mazzie View Post
    Like everyones is saying we are due a big game especially from Naiqama Paulo showed what he can do against HKR but we need him to take a more involved role we cant afford cameo appearances of the bench .Cheers fishy
    Aye!!!

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Well that’s not really how it works. Ratchford being above Coote in the MOS standing doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a better player. It means he’s been the stand out performer in certain matches more often. You could have 3 amazing games and 5 terrible ones and be above someone who was 3rd best in 8 games. I know which player I’d prefer in that scenario.

I know that’s an extreme example I’ve used but the MOS standings aren’t a direct comparison between two people in the same position. It simply doesn’t work like that.
    That's it exactly. You hit the nail head on without me reeling you in. Coote is an 7+/8 in every game he plays. He's never a Barba 10 or a Ratchford 9.
    However the two latter can give you the occasional 6.
    Coote simply isn't as good as Ratchford and if you think that you are completely blinkered or see everything behind cherry and white glasses (whistles) but you know exactly what your going to get from him every week. Perhaps that is better over the course. But he doesn't give you a 9+/10.
    Coote is no Barba but I bet there aren't many Saints fans would swap him back?

Got A Season Ticket

Always a couple of mistakes in Ratchford! Coote is never going to be as Dynamic as Ratchford but overall he is a more rounded fullback

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    That's it exactly. You hit the nail head on without me reeling you in. Coote is an 7+/8 in every game he plays. He's never a Barba 10 or a Ratchford 9.
    Coote simply isn't as good as Ratchford and if you think that you are completely blinkered or see everything behind cherry and white glasses (whistles) but you know exactly what your going to get from him every week. Perhaps that is better over the course. But he doesn't give you a 9+/10.
    All i know for a fact is that while i highly rate Ratchford he does come up with big punishing errors every time we play Warrington. He will miss tackles and drop a few high balls if we put him under enough pressure on Friday. Where as Coote will diffuse anything that comes his way

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Or simply have a different opinion to you? Not sure why some folk think that anyone who doesn’t share their opinion has to be deluded or blinkered.

I disagree that Coote will never have a “9 out of 10.” We’ve seen one or two of these already. Just a shame for him in terms of the MOS standings and media plaudits that on those occasions James Roby was even better. He had a fantastic game at Huddersfield and didn’t get a mention with the MOS voting and also had a great game at Cas when Peter Matuautia hilariously got 2 points in the voting, despite being on the end of a good hiding.

Ratchford will do more spectacular things more often, but spectacularly bad as well as good. Both are very good players in my opinion; I’ve always liked Ratchford. I personally wouldn’t swap him for Coote and I don’t think that makes me deluded. It’s a shame people can’t just disagree like grown ups.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

For starters cherry and white specs? I think you've come to the wrong forum pal.

It's not difficult to understand they are both players who go about their business well. Other teams fans will rate them but they will prefer their own player. The ones we watch week in week out, in cootes case we see him do the little things well, his defence, pass selection, positioning, kicking game has all been very good. He had some big shoes to fill and so far although he's not Barba he's a different style of player much more solid.

You've got Austin who can break a game open but I prefer our 8,9,10. Both teams have positives and negatives. Both have shown what we can do so far this season. Like I've said previously either could win on their day. Just enjoy it for what it is (not Leeds and Wigan leading the way) and see what happens.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I don’t quite agree. You are quite shi**y with anyone with views different to your own. You aren’t very tolerable at all
    In fairness fishy since his return, LSF has been civil to most he disagrees with on here, the immature names have almost ceased and tolerance is the order of the day, the only time the old LSF appears is when Rogues posts
    Anyway back to the Wire game, we will squeeze the life out of them defensively no problems and outscore them easily, Wire will not make double figures, well maybe a consolation try and conversion at the hooter to take them to 10.
    I am not posting until after the game if I do Warrington will be on a minus score next time

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    In fairness fishy since his return, LSF has been civil to most he disagrees with on here, the immature names have almost ceased and tolerance is the order of the day, the only time the old LSF appears is when Rogues posts
    Anyway back to the Wire game, we will squeeze the life out of them defensively no problems and outscore them easily, Wire will not make double figures, well maybe a consolation try and conversion at the hooter to take them to 10.
    I am not posting until after the game if I do Warrington will be on a minus score next time
    Hope you’re right pal! Ive seen enough from or defence to suggest that we could suffocate any team. If we can keep them in single figures then the game is ours.

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Naaa Ralph Fridge is ok in my book.
    Thank you kindly

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Or simply have a different opinion to you? Not sure why some folk think that anyone who doesn’t share their opinion has to be deluded or blinkered.

I disagree that Coote will never have a “9 out of 10.” We’ve seen one or two of these already. Just a shame for him in terms of the MOS standings and media plaudits that on those occasions James Roby was even better. He had a fantastic game at Huddersfield and didn’t get a mention with the MOS voting and also had a great game at Cas when Peter Matuautia hilariously got 2 points in the voting, despite being on the end of a good hiding.

Ratchford will do more spectacular things more often, but spectacularly bad as well as good. Both are very good players in my opinion; I’ve always liked Ratchford. I personally wouldn’t swap him for Coote and I don’t think that makes me deluded. It’s a shame people can’t just disagree like grown ups.
    Exactly YG which is the point I made in #14. I wouldn’t swap Ratch for Coote and neither would you. There are so many close match ups across the field that it should be a cracker. I’m hoping the class of Austin will be the difference but we all know this game won’t determine the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    You and Fridge have some serious anger management issues.
    Nope all good me.

Like LSF, will just call out clowns from (I nearly said 'rival club then, when you're about as relevant to me as Batley) another club who decide to post complete tripe on the forum

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Nope all good me.

Like LSF, will just call out clowns from (I nearly said 'rival club then, when you're about as relevant to me as Batley) another club who decide to post complete tripe on the forum
    Never seen you to have any anger management issues on here mate.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    He probably just said he didn't think it was the year of the wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Thanks mate.

I was pretty upset after the Catalans semi final loss at Bolton & did go on a bit that day

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He probably just said he didn't think it was the year of the wolf.
    Ha ha. I said it was the last one

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Thanks mate.

I was pretty upset after the Catalans semi final loss at Bolton & did go on a bit that day
    Think you were in a state of shock, like the rest of us!