Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 373

Thread: Out of Contract Players

  1. #76
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,641
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...l-test-saints/

    It’s a no to Jones, no news on Fages (the longer it goes the more likely he’s gone imo), Holbrook and McManus haven’t sat down yet for his extension
    I can only see a preview of the Salford game there ... are you sure you've got the right link?

  2. #77
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,522
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I can only see a preview of the Salford game there ... are you sure you've got the right link?
    It does appear that way ... the article when I read it went on past there weren’t many changes but now seems to have disappeared ��

  3. #78
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,522
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I can only see a preview of the Salford game there ... are you sure you've got the right link?
    Jones aside the Fages and Holbrook “no news” updates are in Holbrooks q&a now; https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...rved-a-reward/

  4. #79
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,495
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Jones aside the Fages and Holbrook “no news” updates are in Holbrooks q&a now; https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...rved-a-reward/
    Its a really big positive in more ways than one if Holbrook signs a new contract and I reckon McManus will want to announce it personally in one of our June home games rather than through the media channels.

  5. #80
    Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Newton-le-Willows
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,770
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Zeb maybe gone too then

  6. #81
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,522
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...sn8y6xigj1R238

    So this is what I read yesterday! Quoted this time so it doesn’t make me look crazy!

    Meanwhile despite newspaper reports, former Grand Final winner Josh Jones will not be making a return to Saints from Salford.

    “He is a great player, but he won’t be coming back here,” Holbrook said.

    He also said there are so far no updates on Theo Fages’ contract situation after he was offered a new deal from the club, but is now able to listen to offers.

    And on that subject there have been no talks yet between the club and Holbrook, who is out of contract at the end of the year.

    But Saints boss is pretty relaxed about the situation.

    He said: “I said we would begin talks in May when asked it in the post match press conference at Easter - but if I had thought about it I should have said June really.

  7. #82
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,522
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Zeb maybe gone too then
    We have offered Zeb a contract according to the League Express, but the quotes from Zeb suggest it’s a significantly reduced offer, and Zeb is weighing up staying and being part of the team vs getting more money from other teams. Sounds like he wants to stay though.

    Basically suggests Saints have targets but they don’t have a clue who. Jones mentioned again but also adds that Holbrook has denied it, and Chester Butler whose now signed for Huddersfield. So looks like the club are playing things very close to their chest

  8. #83
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,495
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    We have offered Zeb a contract according to the League Express, but the quotes from Zeb suggest it’s a significantly reduced offer, and Zeb is weighing up staying and being part of the team vs getting more money from other teams. Sounds like he wants to stay though.

    Basically suggests Saints have targets but they don’t have a clue who. Jones mentioned again but also adds that Holbrook has denied it, and Chester Butler whose now signed for Huddersfield. So looks like the club are playing things very close to their chest
    The first couple of games this season I thought he might be worth another 12 month contract but watching some of the replays he's not been performing consistently since Percival got injured, maybe its because our attack has switched more on our right hand edge were Peyroux operates. I think a reduced contract sounds about right until we can get Bentley or Batchelor in the frame, its also possible Paulo could play on that left hand side.

  9. #84
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,522
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    League Weekly has Swift to Hull and Fages to Cas or the NRL. Mind you it also says that Bennett is trying to take Walmsley and Thompson but Thompson has a new contract not likely to happen - so pinch of salt.

    Anyone heard anything about anyone actually coming in?!?

  10. #85
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Chiang Rai Thailand
    Posts
    527
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    League Weekly has Swift to Hull and Fages to Cas or the NRL. Mind you it also says that Bennett is trying to take Walmsley and Thompson but Thompson has a new contract not likely to happen - so pinch of salt.

    Anyone heard anything about anyone actually coming in?!?
    Don't think we can afford to lose any players , but it would be goodnight & God bless if we lose big Al & Thommo .

  11. #86
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    castleford
    Posts
    257
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Heard a rumour that leeds were going to sign luke gale and Powell was after fages to take his place can't see it myself but heard that over the week-end

  12. #87
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    Heard a rumour that leeds were going to sign luke gale and Powell was after fages to take his place can't see it myself but heard that over the week-end
    Would be good for Leeds it's what they need, gale has suffered lots of injuries though

  13. #88
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    castleford
    Posts
    257
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Yes I agree I spoke to him the other week and he was hoping to be back around August time I can only see it if Leeds have offered cas a lot of money even given he's being out most of the last two years

  14. #89
    In The South Stand 49er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,547
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Remember last week the RL papers said we were after Josh Jones. JH put that in the bin quickly. Paper says Theo is wanted by Castleford! Well...
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

  15. #90
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,265
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Remember last week the RL papers said we were after Josh Jones. JH put that in the bin quickly. Paper says Theo is wanted by Castleford! Well...
    can only say Theo is very highly thought of by the club.

  16. #91
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blatherings on WA12RL radio.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service
    Posts
    8,050
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The bottom line must be that any signing is significantly better than what you have and on the SL list only Hastings has that potential for me.
    Learned comment from The Don

  17. #92
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,410
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Few weird rumours knocking about at the moment. Anthony Gelling to Warrington, favouring that over a return to Wigan one of them. Jake Trueman to Wigan and Escare to Cas another. Also that we're going to lose Walmsley, Thompson AND Amor at the end of the season and that Holbrook isn't staying. We might as well close just play next season in the Championship if that's true.

  18. #93
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,516
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Well one that we cant afford to lose is Holbrook and I cant believe that the chairman would let the coach who is overseeing bringing the young players into the team , go.

  19. #94
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,641
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Im not sure I buy the rumours doing the rounds, but I can see there being some big transfers this year. Both Wigan and Leeds (assuming they survive) will be throwing their weight around and no doubt Toronto will be flashing the cash if they get promoted, too. I can see there being a bit of a domino effect.

  20. #95
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,348
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    Well one that we cant afford to lose is Holbrook and I cant believe that the chairman would let the coach who is overseeing bringing the young players into the team , go.
    I don’t think it would be a case if us letting him go. If he leaves it’ll presumably be because he wants to go back to Australia.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  21. #96
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,441
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    Well one that we cant afford to lose is Holbrook and I cant believe that the chairman would let the coach who is overseeing bringing the young players into the team , go.
    Holbrook has said he is going to sit down and talk about a new contract. IF he didn't want to stay then what can we do ? It's not like we can keep him here against his will.

  22. #97
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,495
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Holbrook has said he is going to sit down and talk about a new contract. IF he didn't want to stay then what can we do ? It's not like we can keep him here against his will.
    The fact that he is sitting down and discussing a further contract must surely be a positive.

  23. #98
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,408
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Jesse Sene-Lefao has left Cas and returned to Aus.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  24. #99
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,495
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Jesse Sene-Lefao has left Cas and returned to Aus.
    Good player, looks like longer term compassionate leave.

  25. #100
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,408
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Good player, looks like longer term compassionate leave.
    Yeh i assume so pal. The article on the BBC doesn’t give much away but does say that it’s indefinitely.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •