Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 351 to 373 of 373

Thread: Out of Contract Players

  1. #351
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blatherings on WA12RL radio.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service
    Posts
    8,052
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Amor is in form now and doing a good job. Props will usually be injured at some point in the season and Amor's experience has been useful especially when Thomo was out for 6 weeks.
    Learned comment from The Don

  2. #352
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,308
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Amor is in form now and doing a good job. Props will usually be injured at some point in the season and Amor's experience has been useful especially when Thomo was out for 6 weeks.
    Amor signed his last contract just after winning player of the season, so I'd expect his agent used that to secure a very decent contract. This finishes after this season.

    I'd be happy for him to stay, but a new contract must reflect his 'squad player' status. That then opens the possibility of another team offering a bigger contract as they see him as more of a key player. I guess that then creates a quandary for him.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  3. #353
    Starting A Programme Collection RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    964
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Amor signed his last contract just after winning player of the season, so I'd expect his agent used that to secure a very decent contract. This finishes after this season.

    I'd be happy for him to stay, but a new contract must reflect his 'squad player' status. That then opens the possibility of another team offering a bigger contract as they see him as more of a key player. I guess that then creates a quandary for him.
    I believe he is happy to stay as a squad player where he has a chance of having a successful career and winning something rather than earning a few quid more at a Huddersfield or Hull.....
    Get busy living, or get busy dying.

  4. #354
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,510
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I believe he is happy to stay as a squad player where he has a chance of having a successful career and winning something rather than earning a few quid more at a Huddersfield or Hull.....
    Makes sense for him and Saints.

  5. #355
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    992
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    If we are looking to recruit any props, I’ve even impressed with Matty English and Oliver Wilson at Hudds. Remind me of Graham in his younger days. Probably signed up on good contracts at the moment but great prospects!

  6. #356
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    440
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    If we are looking to recruit any props, I’ve even impressed with Matty English and Oliver Wilson at Hudds. Remind me of Graham in his younger days. Probably signed up on good contracts at the moment but great prospects!
    I agree with you on English, he looks a good player if a little raw. I can’t remember seeing the other lad.

  7. #357
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,596
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    It's always a little strange when clubs don't sign anyone for the next season. I can't recall the last time it happened for us?

    But the most important thing is to retain our talent and that's what we've done in the main so I'm comfortable with it. If Amor had left I'd have been looking at another prop. Obviously the coach is the most important move, whether it is Holbrook or a new coach.

    I imagine there will be a fair bit of movement at the end of 2020 with quite a few players off contract - Thompson, Richardson, Peyroux, Taia and Amor that I can think of and a few of them will go you'd imagine.


    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

  8. #358
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    If we are looking to recruit any props, I’ve even impressed with Matty English and Oliver Wilson at Hudds. Remind me of Graham in his younger days. Probably signed up on good contracts at the moment but great prospects!
    Huddersfield have only just signed Oliver Wilson from Bradford for over 100k, he won't be going anywhere soon

  9. #359
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    440
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    What players are available that would strengthen us and not cost a stupid amount of money?

    Unless someone is available then I don’t see the point, we may as well improve current contracts and try to build from within.

  10. #360
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,512
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    We would probably need around 3 or 4 players in the 2021 season, but I'm almost sure I,ve read somewhere that monies will be available for 2020 mid season if a quality player becomes available.

  11. #361
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,898
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    We would probably need around 3 or 4 players in the 2021 season, but I'm almost sure I,ve read somewhere that monies will be available for 2020 mid season if a quality player becomes available.

    You don't really want to buy 3 or 4 in one off season, better to look for what you need now, or look at the academy
    Then only have to buy two the year after

  12. #362
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,512
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    You don't really want to buy 3 or 4 in one off season, better to look for what you need now, or look at the academy
    Then only have to buy two the year after
    We will probably need to replace Amor, LMS, Tai and Paulo in 2021 and hate to say it but can Roby be looking at his last season at Saints in the not too distant future. From the Academy we don't look promising with any stand out players in the forwards we've got 2 or 3 promising backs but those positions are not a priority in the short term.

  13. #363
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blatherings on WA12RL radio.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service
    Posts
    8,052
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    There is no point buying or bringing any player in if he is not better than what you have or any of the juniors coming through.
    Learned comment from The Don

  14. #364
    Learning All The Songs Gerry Mander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Around the Ruck. Winning the Collision.
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    There is no point buying or bringing any player in if he is not better than what you have or any of the juniors coming through.
    Good point.

    Squad management is and must be really hard.

    *Need to know when to offload the older heads,
    *Not have too many coming OCC all at once or squad all age at the same time ,
    *Timing that your development players are not blocked from progressing,
    *Leave some wiggle room for injuries or a player on the market mid season.

    Saints doing really well. A couple of years ago Saints were dreadful in this regard.

    Particuarly impressed with the physical readiness and talent of the
    academy players coming through.

    Be interesting to see how Richardson Bentley and Batchelor
    are managed next season, given other extensions.

    An Amor extension just seems a bit "comfortable".
    LMS and Taia extended as the older heads.

    Accept he is playing better but a squad always needs a sigining.
    I think keeping his place open or offering a development spot
    to a bolter from the championship or acedemy would be better.

    Keep the edge and hunger at the margin.

  15. #365
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Losing Swift and Douglas off the cap, but I imagine most of their salaries have been ate up by salary increase for others. If there is money available maybe a young prop or winger seen as a development project i.e next Walmsley from the championship or look at players available from the relegated club (couple of decent prop's maybe available Mulhearn at HKR springs to mind.)

  16. #366
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Lager View Post
    Losing Swift and Douglas off the cap, but I imagine most of their salaries have been ate up by salary increase for others. If there is money available maybe a young prop or winger seen as a development project i.e next Walmsley from the championship or look at players available from the relegated club (couple of decent prop's maybe available Mulhearn at HKR springs to mind.)
    I'd imagine mulherns next deal will be a decent one... Probably not enough in the cap to get him

    Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

  17. #367
    In The South Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,920
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Lager View Post
    Losing Swift and Douglas off the cap, but I imagine most of their salaries have been ate up by salary increase for others. If there is money available maybe a young prop or winger seen as a development project i.e next Walmsley from the championship or look at players available from the relegated club (couple of decent prop's maybe available Mulhearn at HKR springs to mind.)
    If there's money available I'd rather keep it in reserve. Either for a mid season signing if someone worthwhile becomes available or for if we have an injury crisis in one particular position and have to sign cover. Also leaves some available if we have to upgrade someone's contract and gives us even more to play with if a few players leave at the end of next year.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  18. #368
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...s2KMzyRV8zhfhA

    According to this Wigan were in for Ryan Atkins - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

  19. #369
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,480
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saintsmerrrt View Post
    https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...s2KMzyRV8zhfhA

    According to this Wigan were in for Ryan Atkins - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Hope they get him.

  20. #370
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Hope they get him.
    I mean, if you could actually be bothered to read the article, he's off to Wakey.

  21. #371
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,480
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saintsmerrrt View Post
    I mean, if you could actually be bothered to read the article, he's off to Wakey.
    Ryan Atkins doesn't interest me enough to read about him.

  22. #372
    In The South Stand saintgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    eccleston
    Posts
    3,929
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Maybe he celebrated like hed signed for Wigan when everyone else knew he was going to Wakefield

  23. #373
    In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,929
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Was told today that Jackson Hastings is going to Leigh for the rest of the season as Salford can’t afford his wages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •