Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of Contract Players

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Default Out of Contract Players

Apologies for the long post but here is a list that has just been released of out of contract players this year from all Super Lleague clubs:

CASTLEFORD TIGERS
    Cory Aston, Mitch Clark, Matt Cook, Tuoyo Egodo, Kieran Gill, Will Maher, Greg Minikin.

CATALANS DRAGONS
    Jodie Broughton, Kenny Edwards, Tony Gigot, Benjamin Jullien, Samisoni Langi, Thibaud Margalet, Antoni Maria, Lewis Tierney

HUDDERSFIELD GIANTS
    Michael Lawrence, Suaia Matagi, Darnell McIntosh, Alex Mellor

HULL FC
    Bureta Faraimo, Chris Green, Dean Hadley, Jez Litten, Jack Logan, Sika Manu, Hakim Miloudi, Mark Minichiello, Mickey Paea, Jack Sanderson, Cameron Scott, Marc Sneyd, Fetuli Talanoa, Danny Washbrook, Joe Westerman

HULL KINGSTON ROVERS
    Danny Addy, Chris Atkin, Josh Drinkwater, James Greenwood, Craig Hall, Tommy Lee, Shaun Lunt, Ryan Shaw, Nick Scruton

LEEDS RHINOS
    James Donaldson, Brad Dwyer, Brett Ferres, Matt Parcell

LONDON BRONCOS
    Jordan Abdull, James Cunningham, Matt Fleming, Matt Gee, Ben Hellewell, Mark Ioane, Elliot Kear, Eloi Pelissier, Morgan Smith, Alex Walker, Rhys Williams, Luke Yates

SALFORD RED DEVILS
    Mark Flanagan, George Griffin, Jackson Hastings, Krisnan Inu, Greg Johnson, Rob Lui, Ben Nakubuwai, Kris Welham

ST HELENS
    Luke Douglas, Theo Fages, Ryan Morgan, Adam Swift, Zeb Taia

WAKEFIELD TRINITY
    Chris Annakin, Tinirau Arona, David Fifita, Danny Kirmond, Pauli Pauli, Tyler Randell

WARRINGTON WOLVES
    Sitaleki Akauola, Ryan Atkins, Bryson Goodwin, Lama Tasi, Ben Westwood

WIGAN WARRIORS
    Joe Burgess, Tony Clubb, Gabe Hamlin, Sean O’Loughlin, Dan Sarginson

Which of our players would you like to keep and who would you realistically target from other clubs?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

From us I think Douglas has already said he’s going home and I can’t see a future with us for Morgan. It would be sad in a way to see Swift go but he can’t play 2nd fiddle to Grace forever. Taia I wouldn’t mind another year out of as long as his performances stay as they are but he’s 34 now. Finally we’ve got Fages who the club have offered a contract to and are awaiting a response.

If Fages was to leave then is a move for Hastings out of the question?

Tony Gigot and David Fifita are also interesting possibilities for a few clubs I’m sure.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Keep: Fages, and Taia 1 year if he keeps up his impressive performances this year.

I don’t actually think there’s any players from that list that we need or would go for in this salary cap sport.
    Is Amor not out of contract this year? If we offloaded Amor, Douglas we’d need a forward, Fifita is the obvious choice but with Walmsley, Thompson, Lees and Ashurst developing do we really need to spend big on another prop?

Dwyer or James Cunningham, for cover for the aging Roby I’m not sure, could Aaron Smith better them?

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Keep: Fages, and Taia 1 year if he keeps up his impressive performances this year.

I don’t actually think there’s any players from that list that we need or would go for in this salary cap sport.
    Is Amor not out of contract this year? If we offloaded Amor, Douglas we’d need a forward, Fifita is the obvious choice but with Walmsley, Thompson, Lees and Ashurst developing do we really need to spend big on another prop?

Dwyer or James Cunningham, for cover for the aging Roby I’m not sure, could Aaron Smith better them?
    No return for Tommy Lee then?

I was going off this list:

http://www.totalrl.com/every-super-l...e-end-of-2019/

I think you’re right re.Amor.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I was going off this list:

http://www.totalrl.com/every-super-l...e-end-of-2019/

I think you’re right re.Amor.
    The only keeper for me is Fages and if he decides to go I'd take Hastings or Drinkwater.

Taia has been brilliant for us but I wouldn't give him another year.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

David Fifita is the real stand out option there. Would love to see him in a Saints shirt. Been outstanding for Wakefield but will surely be looking for a move if he wants to compete for silverware. Could move on Douglas and Amor to make room for him.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    David Fifita is the real stand out option there. Would love to see him in a Saints shirt. Been outstanding for Wakefield but will surely be looking for a move if he wants to compete for silverware. Could move on Douglas and Amor to make room for him.
    I can see the Goons paying big money to sign up Fifita, the trouble is that club has very much a tarnished look about it at the moment.

ST HELENS
    Release - Luke Douglas, Ryan Morgan, Adam Swift, Zeb Taia,Amor
    Keep - Theo Fages

If Fages goes then Jackson Hastings all day long.
    Joe Burgess but are well stacked at both centre /wing.
    Fringe Squad players - Ryan Shaw for Swift and Mitch Clark for Amor possibly.

Other than Jackson for Fages. I would be primarily
    looking at Championship bolters or promoting from within.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    No return for Tommy Lee then?

More chance of Brenda.

In The West Stand

Always love playing fantasy manager time of year!

Think we need to replace Amor and Douglas with Fifita (I know hes agreed to either stay at Wakefield or go back to Aus but its fantasy manager!) and replace Taia with either Pauli Pauli (think he could be much better with proper conditioning) or Edwards. Swifts contract added to keep Fages, and Morgans contract (whatever is left) divvied up amongst the kids, and another championship pick up

Coote
    Makinson Naiqaima Percival Grace
    Lomax Fages
    Thompson Roby Fifita
    Pauli Pauli Peyroux
    Knowles

Paulo LMS Walmsley Lees

Richardson Welbsy Costello Bentley
    Ashworth Batchelor Smith <TBC>

I’m quite surprised at those willing to release Taia, apart from Peyroux and the Warrington back rower Hughes I can’t think of a second row who has been more consistent this year.

Unless there’s another second row in the NRL I’m not sure we can replace him. Bentley is yet to prove himself as first choice player, the other young second rower who’s at York not heard much about him this year and I’d keep Knowles and Paulo in the middle. There’s no way I’d replace Taia with Pauli Pauli as a previous poster has put, replacing an 80 minute second row with a 2x 15 minute prop.

Taia definitely declined at the back end of last year and I thought he was pretty much finished, but he’s been brilliant so far this year. If he carries on definitely worth another year unless there’s a better prospect in the NRL.

I’m quite surprised at those willing to release Taia, apart from Peyroux and the Warrington back rower Hughes I can’t think of a second row who has been more consistent this year.

Unless there’s another second row in the NRL I’m not sure we can replace him. Bentley is yet to prove himself as first choice player, the other young second rower who’s at York not heard much about him this year and I’d keep Knowles and Paulo in the middle. There’s no way I’d replace Taia with Pauli Pauli as a previous poster has put, replacing an 80 minute second row with a 2x 15 minute prop.

Taia definitely declined at the back end of last year and I thought he was pretty much finished, but he’s been brilliant so far this year. If he carries on definitely worth another year unless there’s a better prospect in the NRL.
    Batchelor and Bentley replaces Taia

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Batchelor and Bentley replaces Taia
    You feel that they have proven their ability to replace him?

You feel that they have proven their ability to replace him?
    I think between the two of them they deserve the opportunity to not be put behind
    another 30+ NRL player on a downward curve , on a three year contact.

Got A Season Ticket

James Greenwood if Taia goes, George Griffin for another middle when presumably losing Douglas and Amor.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Banned

Sneyd and Fifita for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    I think between the two of them they deserve the opportunity to not be put behind
    another 30+ NRL player on a downward curve , on a three year contact.
    I’ve not seen anything as yet to suggest they deserve to be ahead of Taia who so far this season has played really well. Bentley has picked up some minutes here and there, can’t remember the last time Batchelor played for Saints, was it just in the pre season friendly? I’d keep Taia for another year.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I would definitely keep Fages. and if he is willing to be a squad player, Swift. Taia, too early to say, would depend on how he is going toward the end of this season. As others have said Fifita and Hastings would be interesting. He's a bit out of form right now but Gigot as that unpredictability that can turn a game.

I wonder if the number of players OOC at Hull are indicative of allowing a new manager to choose his squad?

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Trent Hodkinson is rumoured to be eyeing up a move to Super League

Not convinced by Fafita, maybe a case of big fish, small pond

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post

Not really he plays in the same pond as everyone else

If you mean the team isn't a big team/pond then that suggests he could be even better

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

I donÂ’t actually think thereÂ’s any players from that list that we need or would go for in this salary cap sport.
    Is Amor not out of contract this year? If we offloaded Amor, Douglas weÂ’d need a forward, Fifita is the obvious choice but with Walmsley, Thompson, Lees and Ashurst developing do we really need to spend big on another prop?

Dwyer or James Cunningham, for cover for the aging Roby IÂ’m not sure, could Aaron Smith better them?
    I think what you say is correct in that recruitment should be about improving the side first and foremost. Particularly at a club like St Helens who are looking to win trophies.

But for that reason...I would be looking for a half back from that list. I say that because I think there's a few halves on that list who offer more than Fages, especially when you have to factor in that he's partnering Lomax, one of the first names on the team sheet, so JL's skill set needs to be taken in to consideration as well when thinking of a partnership. I like the other players you have mentioned to cover for James Roby, but I still think that Fages' best position at Saints is an interchange utility.

If Jackson Hastings is willing to stay in a SL for another couple of years, then I think Saints should go for him. Regardless of whether Fages wants to leave or not. I've been impressed will all facets of his game at SL level and think he offers more than Fages, especially with his kicking game. I think he's a better player than Richardson at this moment in time too. Sneyd or Drinkwater would also be worth considering if the club feel that Richardson isn't going to make it.

On Taia, he continues to perform well and though I'm sure Saints will be wondering if he can maintain that level for another year. I would like to see Batchelor and Bentley given an opportunity to replace him in 2020 if he can't. Otherwise, Kenny Edwards would be one from the list to speak to for that left sided second row position for mine.

Fifita is indeed the obvious choice if the club want a forward to replace Amor and Douglas, but he wouldn't come cheap.

Here's the list from the NRL https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-lea...contract-2019/

Mahe Fonua is the one that stands out for me, he was brilliant for Hull FC.

Regards,

STEVO

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I think there would be a risk attached to potentially signing Fifita, there have been plenty of players who have stood out in above average teams and some players prefer to stay in their comfort zones. Would he step up for a side challenging for silverware?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I think there would be a risk attached to potentially signing Fifita, there have been plenty of players who have stood out in above average teams and some players prefer to stay in their comfort zones. Would he step up for a side challenging for silverware?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I would think he would be a better player, when he played against the England side he was pretty impressive with the more quality players around him.