Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
I don't think Lolohea has been at his best but don't think it's fair to say he's been awful given the stat about his assists, especially given his limited game time as you point out. His strength is his running game and the coach needs to find a way to get the best out of him. It's Myler's job to be the lead half. I don't know if you watch the NRL, but here's some footage of his ability https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oC_C61-z5c He has talent.

I would encourage you to go back and read carefully what I said about Coote and Saints recruitment for 2019 in general. But to summarize for you, I said that Saints had to find away of replacing what Barba brought to the side- tries, assists, tackle busts and that special threat of being able to create something out of nothing and go the length of the field.

Coote has looked good, producing some great cut out passes. But I think my point still stands. I mean there's another thread on here in which a young and relatively inexperienced half back is being criticised for not running the ball and threatening the line, yet it appears the full back is exempt from that criticism. Saints really struggled to create anything yesterday and the full back should be held responsible for that just as much as the halves. I think the signing of Coote and/or the decision not to strengthen the half back options will ultimately be determined at the end of the season, when we'll know if Saints have won any trophies or not.

Regards,

STEVO
Must have been seeing things when Coote crashed over the line at Castleford then.