Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fages Injury

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Should we be concerned about the lack of news re Fages signing an extension to his contract? Would have thought the club and Fages would have sorted it out prior to 1st May. I personally am, as I think he is a massive part of our team IMO.
    Plus it will be a constant question until it’s sorted. Already RL sites are bringing his lack of a signature as a sign all might not be well.
    I think you have a point.
    Believe Drinkwater is stalling at Hull KR as well

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

No offence to the lad but if he’s stalling then get on the blower to Jackson Hastings.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

Should we be concerned about the lack of news re Fages signing an extension to his contract? Would have thought the club and Fages would have sorted it out prior to 1st May. I personally am, as I think he is a massive part of our team IMO.
    Plus it will be a constant question until it’s sorted. Already RL sites are bringing his lack of a signature as a sign all might not be well.
    As much as i like him and i would like to keep him, he's not irreplaceable and really looking at the team we have right now it would be his loss if he did leave.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

His form this year has been good up until his injury so I'm sure the club are working on it, however given that he only played a bit part last year it's not entirely surprising that the club has not secured his services earlier.
    If he had been a regular performer in previous years then I am sure that the club would have looked to offer something sooner.

All the ‘noise’ a few weeks ago were positive from JH about wanting him to stay. I can only think the stalling (if there is one) will be on Fages side. I wonder if Danny Richardson’s performances have made JH rethink. Or do Saints have their eyes on someone else. Those mentioned above, Drinkwater IMO is nowhere an improvement. Hastings? The jury is out for me. I worry about his baggage. Personally I will made up if Fages stays. But the club is bigger....as they say.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Banned

This is a strange one mainly because Holbrook obviously wasnt sure about him last season by the way he chopped and changed his position and left him out of the play off semi final. He's obviously done well this season but is he worth an extension? Personally, I'm not sure. If i'm being honest, i'd rather we signed a 7 with a good kicking game who can take us around the park which would complement Lomax and his style at 6.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    No offence to the lad but if he’s stalling then get on the blower to Jackson Hastings.
    Would he have been at Roosters at the same time as Holbrook? It'd be hard to pick a better replacement for Fages even playing fantasy manager

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    This is a strange one mainly because Holbrook obviously wasnt sure about him last season by the way he chopped and changed his position and left him out of the play off semi final. He's obviously done well this season but is he worth an extension? Personally, I'm not sure. If i'm being honest, i'd rather we signed a 7 with a good kicking game who can take us around the park which would complement Lomax and his style at 6.
    Matty Smith

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

He has been good at HB this year but the lack of kicking ability has always been a bit of a concern, something that someone like Hastings would bring. I have always thought he was worth a spot due to his versatility, but now we have Smith coming through at 9, and Bentley looked OK there on Sunday, so maybe Fages value has depreciated a bit. I would still like to keep him but we do have other options.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

My old Granny had a saying if it ain't broke don't fix it I said well your mantle clock is broke she said yes but it's right twice a day. Fages is still young as is Richardson doesn't anybody think there is improvement in them or do we just bin them and let someone else reap the rewards?
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

All the ‘noise’ a few weeks ago were positive from JH about wanting him to stay. I can only think the stalling (if there is one) will be on Fages side. I wonder if Danny Richardson’s performances have made JH rethink. Or do Saints have their eyes on someone else. Those mentioned above, Drinkwater IMO is nowhere an improvement. Hastings? The jury is out for me. I worry about his baggage. Personally I will made up if Fages stays. But the club is bigger....as they say.
    Drinkwater is quality I think. Very good player

Trust in JH.

Lots of people complaining about The Coote signing before the season started.... best full back in the comp!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Drinkwater is quality I think. Very good player
    Drinkwater is just Matty Smith with an Aussie accent !
    Decent kicking game but no pace, average defence and average passing

The only OOC half back who would improve our team if Fages left would be Hastings

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post

The only OOC half back who would improve our team if Fages left would be Hastings
    Agreed.

If Fages decided he wanted to go, we'd be looking at Hastings or the NRL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Theo is doing a great job. Richardson at his committed and focused best is worth his place and Lomax is almost the complete RL player.So you have to be good to get anywhere at Saints in the halves if Theo does fancy a stint down under. Is Hastings that good?
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post

Hastings is better I agree but Drinkwater is a good un.
    Rate him me, always have done

In The South Stand

The lads that Saints have are doing very well so keep them if Fages wants to try somewhere else well lots of people change there place of work , Richardson as improved by being in the team and no doubt will improve more so andleave well alone. other lads who are well thought of are coming through the system , wait

In The South Stand

I like the way Hastings plays in an average Salford side. With better players around him he could be really good. If he is a stand out player how long would it be till the nrl come knocking ? That's my main worry,we could be back to looking for a half every couple of years.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

For what it is worth, I was surprised and very happy that Fages wasn’t selected for the semi final against us. I think it would have been a different outcome with him on the bench.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    I like the way Hastings plays in an average Salford side. With better players around him he could be really good. If he is a stand out player how long would it be till the nrl come knocking ? That's my main worry,we could be back to looking for a half every couple of years.
    Dodd is supposed to be very highly rated, not sure we will be looking every couple of years!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    The lads that Saints have are doing very well so keep them if Fages wants to try somewhere else well lots of people change there place of work , Richardson as improved by being in the team and no doubt will improve more so andleave well alone. other lads who are well thought of are coming through the system , wait
    I tend to have the same thoughts, Richardson has shown the right temperment for that No 7 shirt and Lomax has the no 6 shirt for a couple of seasons.
    Although Welsby has been operating at full back he is also a half back and is progressing at a fair rate of knots.
    I,m not sure if Drinkwater is a good fit for our style of play, hopefully Fages will stay but we do have future options within the club for 2020/2021.

Got A Season Ticket

Would rather get Thompson and Holbrook signed up than Theo. Atm the way Richardson has been playing can you drop him
    For Theo?!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Dodd is supposed to be very highly rated, not sure we will be looking every couple of years!
    Dodd is very highly rated within the club. I posted on a different thread that a few Australian clubs have enquired about him.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    Dodd is very highly rated within the club. I posted on a different thread that a few Australian clubs have enquired about him.
    How old is he?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    How old is he?
    Coming up to 18 years of age, i think he picked up a few injury's last season but is going well this season, very good goal kicker with a good kicking game.