Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saints flag design

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

Default Saints flag design

To celebrate Redvee’s 16th Birthday, we want ideas from Saints fans to design a new Saints flag to hang at the back of the West Stand.

Thanks to the club’s generosity in supplying the cables that are sited above the back of the terrace, we have opportunity to show our support for the team with the numerous flags and banners that have been bought over the years.

We want you to send us your flag designs via Facebook, Twitter or on the Redvee forum - the design picked will be the one chosen for us to fund raise for, and hopefully we will will raise enough for it to be professionally made at a size of 12ft x 7ft by Barmy Flags and fully embroidered - this is the company responsible for the Redvee, Gerard Songsters and numerous Funbus flags that have stood the test of time, with some now close to 20 years old and still looking as good as the day they arrived.

How to enter:
    Send us your ideas via Facebook, Twitter or on the Redvee Forum.

Donations can be made here:
    https://paypal.me/pools/c/8djDHEb37B

Any excess donations above the required amount will be given to the club to support the Academy tour of Australia.

The only rule to follow is that it should be club specific rather than any individual, to ensure that it is a timeless piece that will still be just as relevant 20 years from now.

So get your thinking caps on - we’ve got some creative geniuses out there, we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
    Last edited by Bronco; 29th March 2019 at 13:06.

@RedveeDotNet

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

I'm not very artisty so won't even attempt to create one but maybe someone could design a flag with "oh St. Helens rugby" at the top and, "come thrill me again" at the bottom and something artisty in the middle like a man (not a specific player) diving over the try line but the redvee is visible on the shirt?

I await your criticism

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    They didn't send a design but the quote was £310.

Using a Dutch flag:

ST. HELENS R.F.C across the top
    R.V 2003 through the middle with this in the middle, slightly changed
    ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES across the bottom (younger posters google the film).
    Good un

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    I'm not very artisty so won't even attempt to create one but maybe someone could design a flag with "oh St. Helens rugby" at the top and, "come thrill me again" at the bottom and something artisty in the middle like a man (not a specific player) diving over the try line but the redvee is visible on the shirt?

I await your criticism
    I think that's decent.

My idea would be: one one side a mosaic of the Saints away crowd on a terrace. Red smoke rising above them and airborne plastic pint glasses with liquid flying out of them.

Then on the other, a fan holding up his ticket for his allocated seat for Good Friday.

I'll get my coat

Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    Just had a little go and they're getting back to me with the design/quote. I'll happily stick a few quid in.
    You’ve got to show us a pic mate!! :-)

I reckon we’re looking at around £700 for the style we need. With it being placed above the West, it needs to be tough enough to withstand the elements. A few of the cheaper flags are looking sketchy now after only a year or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@RedveeDotNet

Got A Season Ticket

Tried to donate but it says "problems at our end. Try later"

Is there a website where you can design a flag?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    To celebrate Redvee’s 16th Birthday, we’re launching a competition for Saints fans to design a new Saints flag to hang at the back of the West Stand.

Thanks to the club’s generosity in supplying the cables that are sited above the back of the terrace, we have opportunity to show our support for the team with the numerous flags and banners that have been bought over the years.

We want you to send us your flag designs via Facebook, Twitter or on the Redvee forum - the best will be put forward for a fans poll. The winning design will the one chosen for us to fund raise for, and hopefully we will will raise enough for it to be professionally made at a size of 12ft x 7ft by Barmy Flags and fully embroidered - this is the company responsible for the Redvee, Gerard Songsters and numerous Funbus flags that have stood the test of time, with some now close to 20 years old and still looking as good as the day they arrived.

How to enter:
    Send us your entries via Facebook, Twitter or on the Redvee Forum. Suitable entries will be posted here on the Redvee homepage, with a public vote to decide the winning design.
    Donations can be made to the Paypal pool here: https://paypal.me/pools/c/8djDHEb37B

Any excess donations above the required amount will be given to the club to support the Academy tour of Australia.

The only rule to follow is that it should be club specific rather than any individual, to ensure that it is a timeless piece that will still be just as relevant 20 years from now.

So get your thinking caps on - we’ve got some creative geniuses out there, we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
    Can we take it to aways?

Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Can we take it to aways?
    No - once it’s up, it’s up permanent! They don’t take them down between games.

@RedveeDotNet

Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,

My idea would be a flag with all the jerseys we’ve had over the years... or one with all of our trophies on

@RedveeDotNet

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

How difficult would it be to have something with all the players names on it, like the shirt they did a few years back?

Edit...I guess that would date quite quickly?

I'll get my coat!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    How difficult would it be to have something with all the players names on it, like the shirt they did a few years back?

Edit...I guess that would date quite quickly?

I'll get my coat!
    One with just my name in Black on a White background would be better. I deserve it more than anything mentioned so far. I've been the life and soul of St Helens RLFC forums for decades now. Without me, I'm not sure we'd even have the new ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    One with just my name in Black on a White background would be better. I deserve it more than anything mentioned so far. I've been the life and soul of St Helens RLFC forums for decades now. Without me, I'm not sure we'd even have the new ground.
    That'll be £700 please.

In The South Stand

White flag with red writing saying “St Helens born and led” with the best St Helens born captains of the club in silhouette on there.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

No - once it’s up, it’s up permanent! They don’t take them down between games.

Oh. I feel sad now

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    White flag with red writing saying “St Helens born and led” with the best St Helens born captains of the club in silhouette on there.
    I understand the St.Helens born theory Dos, but to leave out Joynt & Sculthorpe would be criminal as they were two of the best and in Joynty`s case most successful captains.

My idea would be a flag with all the jerseys we’ve had over the years... or one with all of our trophies on

As we change jerseys every year it would be out of date next year.

Also we are known by our RED V.

How about one with Knowsley Road on it?
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Including the ones pre Super League??? How about with, "Players come and go but traditions will always continue" or something along those lines.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Some pics from the you light up my senses song
    With text come thrill me again on it.

Or if you want it more forum related. The names of every banned member since creation.

Got A Season Ticket

I have allway's been a big fan of the match stick "saint", That along with something appropriate.

Got A Season Ticket Injury Crisis 2010's Avatar

Deleted
    Last edited by Injury Crisis 2010; 27th March 2019 at 13:27.

What about “Saints, The Original and Perennial Cheats” along with pictures of O’loughlin clotheslining a young kid, Terry Newton breaking Longy’s Jaw and Gentle Ben punching a prone Hohaia?

Uncle Brian can paint it using the finger paints he got for Xmas from the kids at the Wigan academy, and that other strange character Purple Aki can help him hang it up.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Ideas deleted and made into a pic below
    Last edited by RJM25R; 28th March 2019 at 07:26.

Needs blending better, maybe less text at the bottom (dump “lighting up the league” and make “perennial entertainers” bigger?

You get the idea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

Needs blending better, maybe less text at the bottom (dump “lighting up the league” and make “perennial entertainers” bigger?

You get the idea!!!
    I see where you're going, but IMO you need to drop the 'perennial' thing. 'You know who' has enough exposure on here as it is!
    I'd also drop the 'Redvee' text to the bottom. It's important to keep it, but as it stands, it looks like Redvee is the team we support.
    Having said all that, I quite like it.

I asked earlier if it was difficult to include the players names on a design, like the shirt we did a couple of years back.
    If it's easy enough, then maybe include these to create the large 'V'?