Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Daryl Powell Implosion?

Default Daryl Powell Implosion?

I thought Powell had completely blown his top yesterday, from rolling onto the pitch, giving Eden the “look” and hooking him, plus his apparent disdain being interviewed.

Has he taken them as far as he can? (And could he cop a ban for encroaching on the pitch?)

I think that Cas are running at 75% without Gale, he takes them up to 90% imho, but they don’t have enough depth. Hardaker Was a big player for them in 2017, but I look at them this season and they’re not as good as last year, who weren’t as good as 2017.

We looked to just brush them away at times, and we seemed so fresh in the last 20mins as they collapsed (similar to the Hudds game in that respect)
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I thought Powell had completely blown his top yesterday, from rolling onto the pitch, giving Eden the “look” and hooking him, plus his apparent disdain being interviewed.

Has he taken them as far as he can? (And could he cop a ban for encroaching on the pitch?)

I think that Cas are running at 75% without Gale, he takes them up to 90% imho, but they don’t have enough depth. Hardaker Was a big player for them in 2017, but I look at them this season and they’re not as good as last year, who weren’t as good as 2017.

We looked to just brush them away at times, and we seemed so fresh in the last 20mins as they collapsed (similar to the Hudds game in that respect)
    He went on the pitch didn't he? I couldn't believe what I was seeing

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I thought Powell was a disgrace coming on the field like that embarrassing his players, I'm not even sure if he is allowed to coach on the field. Cas have too many creative players out, McShane and Truman are OK but if they play against a solid defence like Saints at the moment they can only rely on offloads.

Powell mentioned a couple of times this season how he has tightened up his defence this year, I think he needs to address that very quickly, hopefully they will bounce back next week and beat Leeds to keep them further away from a top 5 spot.

For us, yet again we get stronger and stronger as the game makes progress into the last quarter, we fell short of scoring 50 points last night if we had Powell would have been reduced to incoherent murmurings.

Got A Season Ticket

Cas refused to sign a centre to replace Webster we have a back rower playing there with a weak wingman next to him and Rankin who must be the worst defender in super league also next to him the writing been on the wall all season what would happen when a top team attacked down that side

We let them off the hook last night. It could have been embarrassing and Powell knows it. I recall some people advocating him coming here in the KC era. Let himself down badly last night.

He can’t escape punishment for walking across the field like that, especially as he was making comments along the way. If that’s ok what’s to stop anyone else going on and coaching whenever they please?

Upside
    Non Members

I really like Powell, great coach but got it wrong last night

An act like that can go two ways, embarras the players into performing or humiliate them into not trusting you, it's normally the latter

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Regarding walking across the pitch, i was wondering what he was doing. If he wants to change his viewing point, surely he should walk around the pitch. Did he have permission from any of the officials to enter the pitch? The only reason I ask is that none of officials appeared to challenge him. I guess we'll find out in the week.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Too many cooks spoil the broth , as I said a few months ago I'm sure a Cas fan can relate to this , one head coach leave it to him , certain people should get on with thier TV job and leave the team coaching to Powell.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

A few years ago when kc was here. I thought Powell would make a good coach. But he has shown poor mentally a few times over the last few years.

He's clearly a talented coach, but not sure whether he could handle the pressure of a bigger stage.

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    A few years ago when kc was here. I thought Powell would make a good coach. But he has shown poor mentally a few times over the last few years.

He's clearly a talented coach, but not sure whether he could handle the pressure of a bigger stage.
    I use to defend Cunningham in his first year of coaching when people were thinking Powell would be a "messiah type" coach for us. Powell has had over 15 years of coaching and Cunningham had just the one year, for me Powell was superior to Cunningham in the style of play only but he has proven to be not capable of providing mental toughness and game plans for the big games.

Upside
    Non Members

Think that's harsh, the reason they haven't won something is because they haven't been good enough, Powell gets a lot from some average players.
    Losing a final isn't proof that the coach or team are not mentally tough, if so every semi final and final would have one mentally weak team

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Too many cooks spoil the broth , as I said a few months ago I'm sure a Cas fan can relate to this , one head coach leave it to him , certain people should get on with thier TV job and leave the team coaching to Powell.
    I remember last week you suggested that Wells so should cut hie ties with Cas. The way he was stumbling over his words last night trying not to criticise them, shows you were right.

In The South Stand

I have been watching Rugby League for a long long time and I have never seen a coach walk on the pitch during a game like that, well I don't remember any.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    I have been watching Rugby League for a long long time and I have never seen a coach walk on the pitch during a game like that, well I don't remember any.
    The nearest was Alex Murphy stepped over the touchline having a go at his Warrington full back.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Ban him. Disgraceful behaviour from a coach. Save it for the dressing room.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Think that's harsh, the reason they haven't won something is because they haven't been good enough, Powell gets a lot from some average players.
    Losing a final isn't proof that the coach or team are not mentally tough, if so every semi final and final would have one mentally weak team
    Interesting interpretation, but I did not mean the gf loss. It is more about his actions and reactions in big games, or post match interviews.

Upside
    Non Members

Interesting interpretation, but I did not mean the gf loss. It is more about his actions and reactions in big games, or post match interviews.
    Oh I see

I haven't seen that myself but maybe your right

Wow. Cas throw it away now!

It’s a topsy turvy season everywhere except top two!!!

Got A Season Ticket

I think saints and warrington are apart from the others then there's not much between the other teams on any given day

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Wow. Cas throw it away now!

It’s a topsy turvy season everywhere except top two!!!
    we have slipped a bit whithout fages and I think same with wire if Austin gets injured .

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    I think saints and warrington are apart from the others then there's not much between the other teams on any given day
    Us and Warrington have stayed fairly healthy so far this season, we and wire would really struggle if you take out 4 or 5 of your best players for an extended time.

Got A Season Ticket

There just seems to be so many teams currently with injuries, many more than I remember often in the past!

Learning All The Songs

Lovely try. Lovely to watch saints

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk