Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Rugby 'IQ'

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Rugby 'IQ'

Nice article here about Sydney Roosters and Trent Robinson's approach to coaching - valuing players as people and what goes on in their life off the field as much as their performances on it.

I would like Holbrook to stay on as coach for a few more years yet - but I think Robinson's approach would suit the Saints ethos very well and he seems a fine coach too. Doubt he would come over to Superleague at this stage though. I wonder if Holrbook was influenced under Robinson at his time at the Roosters? Would seem so.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I don't think we have a hope in hell of getting Robinson. Like you I hope we can keep hold of Holbrook, but the problem is if he is successful here he may be in demand in Aussie.
    I think he is doing a good job on and off the field.

As coaches go Robinson is probably the hottest property in world RL. There's no way he'll be in SL any time in the foreseeable future.

I do suspect that Holbrook will be on his way to the NRL at some point, but the good thing is he'll only get a gig over there if he is successful here first.