Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regan Grace

In The South Stand

I thought Grace had a good game against Huddersfield. Excellent under the high ball, which was certainly giving players problems due to the conditions. A couple of half breaks and a try, which still needed scoring, beating two defenders to touchdown. As I've said before, not the finished article, but moving in the right direction.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I thought Grace had a good game against Huddersfield. Excellent under the high ball, which was certainly giving players problems due to the conditions. A couple of half breaks and a try, which still needed scoring, beating two defenders to touchdown. As I've said before, not the finished article, but moving in the right direction.
    He made one bit of a howler, but overall had a good night and showed why he has his extension.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Couldn't agree more,he's going very well and will only get better,made some very good catches under the high ball. Mcgilvary showed you can be experienced as you like but you can still make costly errors. Lots of time for Grace,he never shirks anything.

Learning All The Songs

I have never hidden my like of fast elusive wingers over the grunt type that most seem to favour. Regan was almost away but for the fumble and resulting knock on, he creates one of these chances for himself almost every game now, he must.
    Our style is about the grind and winning down the middle, we have scored a lot of tries close to the line through our forwards so far this season, we were weak against big packs and that seems to have been addressed. We are playing rugby that wins trophies, this tournament has not been won by a "champagne playing side" since we did it early in this century, even the all conquering 2006 team also played direct like this side.
    We build pressure and look to gain repeat sets, it leaves our backs with very little open ground to run on and make breaks, this boy is one of the few open rugby style highlights we have in what is going to be a successful year, but it will be Wiganesque.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 15th March 2019 at 20:27.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    As will just about every winger. That’s hardly a barometer of success.

He dropped two fairly easy ones against Wigan and I think he dropped one against Leeds as well that let them back into the game or at least made a handling error.
    Have been telling you for 18 months this boy is special. Well done Regan finally we see his pace that many doubted.

Learning All The Songs

Yep fair play to the lad, top drawer effort that

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Have been telling you for 18 months this boy is special. Well done Regan finally we see his pace that many doubted.
    He was lighting tonight. Love the way he didn't even know he had been clouted after scoring

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Great try and did really well under the high ball.

Coming of Age tonight for The lad absolutely superb performance.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

"Skinned them alive" for that try, first time he really backed himself to go all the way. Same again next week Regan please.

In The South Stand

He doesn’t always seem to back himself when he makes a break. Tonight he did and look what he can do! That will do his confidence the world of good.

I was made up to see RG pin his ears back and just go. It was the first time I can remember him really back himself in the clear and I hope it’s a sign of what’s to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I was made up to see RG pin his ears back and just go. It was the first time I can remember him really back himself in the clear and I hope it’s a sign of what’s to come.
    I thought a natural winger, say Sullivan or Albert, would have come off his right foot and taken Ratchford on the outside but fair play to Regan - his footwork beat the attempted tackle and his acceleration took him past the cover defence. I am really warming to him, thought he was amazing. There’s nothing better than seeing a fast winger score a try like that.

Banned

That try was worth the ticket price alone.

But how Lineham didn't get at least a yellow is beyond me. A swinging arm into Grace's head, well late and very intended. Child watched it cos he went to the VR (another stupid decision from him) and only gave a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

But how Lineham didn't get at least a yellow is beyond me. A swinging arm into Grace's head, well late and very intended. Child watched it cos he went to the VR (another stupid decision from him) and only gave a pen.
    I never understand the ‘on report’ when we’ve just spent 5 minutes watching it for that very reason. Outstanding try though and the first time I think we’ve seen him score a real top drawer try like that where he’s got into the clear and left everyone for dead

‘On Report’ is so badly misused. The only good reason to use it is if the ref thinks something may have happened but none of the officials saw it. Using it after a video ref has spent two minutes watching multiple slow-motion replays of the incident is nothing other than a cop-out.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I never understand the ‘on report’ when we’ve just spent 5 minutes watching it for that very reason. Outstanding try though and the first time I think we’ve seen him score a real top drawer try like that where he’s got into the clear and left everyone for dead
    I think slo mo makes it look worse than it is

For me shake it off and move on

Learning All The Songs

It was not a swinging arm it was a shoulder charge to the head, he should have gone for that, we will see how consistent the disciplinary is.
    Clarke got it spot on when summing up at the end the Cooper sin bin was a factor but we were already on top in the forwards.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I think slo mo makes it look worse than it is

For me shake it off and move on
    He did exactly that after copping a shoulder to the head resulting in a busted nose, as above Lineham should have gone it was deliberate and late.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 13th April 2019 at 07:20.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    "Skinned them alive" for that try, first time he really backed himself to go all the way. Same again next week Regan please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    He doesn’t always seem to back himself when he makes a break. Tonight he did and look what he can do! That will do his confidence the world of good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    He has only had open ground in front of him once, against Cas in CC, all other times he makes things for himself. The difference tonight is he beat the fullback, he makes one of those breaks every other game but a number on here think he is not good enough. If he goes for the line every time he makes a break he will end up in touch or a poorer field position than if he comes inside and takes the tackle.
    A few on here think he is not quick enough despite videos of youth matches with him burning, Gildart, Marshall, Davies and other speedsters.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

He defused some threatening high kicks in the first half then scored a blinder. Great game from Grace. He’s really starting to back his own ability.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

He has only had open ground in front of him once, against Cas in CC, all other times he makes things for himself. The difference tonight is he beat the fullback, he makes one of those breaks every other game but a number on here think he is not good enough. If he goes for the line every time he makes a break he will end up in touch or a poorer field position than if he comes inside and takes the tackle.
    A few on here think he is not quick enough despite videos of youth matches with him burning, Gildart, Marshall, Davies and other speedsters.
    I’m not suggesting that he should never pass the ball, but I’ve found that he’s always been in a panic to get rid of it or just come back infield when he breaks the line. A recent game (possibly the derby or the Leeds game) springs to mind when he broke the line and then knocked on because he was in such a hurry to get the ball in two hands.

Of course there are times when it’s wise to slow down and look for support, but when you have a winger with his footwork and raw pace you want to see him take players on and put his foot down. It was great to see him do that last night, and it’ll do his confidence no end of good.

Upside
    Non Members

Great try and played well last night, not a modern winger type and he will have good and bad games in his career but I do think yesterday's games suited his skills. Other games may not suit him as much

Banned

It was not a swinging arm it was a shoulder charge to the head, he should have gone for that, we will see how consistent the disciplinary is.
    Clarke got it spot on when summing up at the end the Cooper sin bin was a factor but we were already on top in the forwards.
    Ah, ok - couldn't fully make out what exactly hit Grace's head. Did you watch it on Sky? What did they make of it?

Default Regan Grace

Ah, ok - couldn't fully make out what exactly hit Grace's head. Did you watch it on Sky? What did they make of it?
    The consensus was roughly the same as it was in the ground and on here: it was a bit naughty and could have been a sin-binning, and it didn’t make sense to put on report an incident that had been viewed multiple times by the video ref.