Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regan Grace

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Regan Grace

As signed a contract extension , until 2021 . He is not a giant but I really rate him

Well deserved, still developing and improving and a new deal is a no brainer really

Not sure i agree SD. He has some strong strenghts and weak weekenses. Id like to see him with a Centre who can pass left. Only then could i have an opinion on him. He makes to many mistakes in my view that out way his positives .

Announce Tommo

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Not sure i agree SD. He has some strong strenghts and weak weekenses. Id like to see him with a Centre who can pass left. Only then could i have an opinion on him. He makes to many mistakes in my view that out way his positives .
    I usually see it the other way round his positives outweigh his negatives, any errors become less and less he is no longer a concern with a loose carry on impact and the dropped high ball under no pressure is become rare these days. Taking a high ball under intense pressure is difficult for any of our backs, he just needs to read the game better with Percival but that goes for Percival as well.

On form he is a very exciting player in open play and his defensive technique has improved, so I think his contract extension is fully justified.

His strengths far far outweigh his weaknesses.

He’ll score more than he’ll ever cost/concede so it’s and absolute no brainer...
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Default Regan Grace

He has some flaws in his game but he also has some rare attributes, and at 22 he’s got loads of time. Good news IMO.

In The South Stand

A player who divides opinion and he's certainly not the finished article yet. This new contract gives Saints the opportunity to make him a more complete player and fulfil his potential with us.

In The South Stand

Young,lots of potential,exiting to watch,what's not to like ? Good news keeping him with us for longer.

Glad this extension has been sorted, another young player from the Academy signed up up until 2021. Both player and coach understand that there is more improvement to follow, and he's our leading try scorer so far, there will be plenty more to come from him this season, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Young,lots of potential,exiting to watch,what's not to like ? Good news keeping him with us for longer.
    Yes.

Learning All The Songs

It’s neither good news or bad. For me, he’s too lightweight and poor under the high ball. When the opposition defence is set he’s basically useless carrying it from deep. However, he’s young and can make a break so I suppose he should be given a bit longer. Currently though, he’s one of the few liabilities in the team.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    His strengths far far outweigh his weaknesses.

He’ll score more than he’ll ever cost/concede so it’s and absolute no brainer...
    As will just about every winger. That’s hardly a barometer of success.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I usually see it the other way round his positives outweigh his negatives, any errors become less and less he is no longer a concern with a loose carry on impact and the dropped high ball under no pressure is become rare these days. Taking a high ball under intense pressure is difficult for any of our backs, he just needs to read the game better with Percival but that goes for Percival as well.
    He dropped two fairly easy ones against Wigan and I think he dropped one against Leeds as well that let them back into the game or at least made a handling error.

In The South Stand

Don’t mind this at all. Good finisher, bit suspect in defence but he’s only been around the first team for less than two years, so is still developing.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Don't know why we wouldn't want to keep him. He probably doesn't cost a lot and has plenty of time to develop. To get someone better would probably negatively effect the SC.
    Last edited by Belgian Saint; 12th March 2019 at 21:32.

Got A Season Ticket

I like Grace I think he brings some real excitement to the game when he has ball in hand. Obviously needs to work on his defence , positioning and high kicks but playing wing is probably one of the hardest positions in the modern game to play and all wingers make mistakes during games. He is also a hard lad he gets some proper knocks when he carries the ball from defence.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    As will just about every winger. That’s hardly a barometer of success.

He dropped two fairly easy ones against Wigan and I think he dropped one against Leeds as well that let them back into the game or at least made a handling error.
    He's one of the best wingers for the least amount of errors so far this season though:-

Eden 10
    Johnstone 7
    Lineham 7
    Sio 6
    Charnley 5
    Marshall 5

Grace 4

Not completely sure but I think he's also the top winger for tackle busts and one of the top wingers for clean breaks.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    He's one of the best wingers for the least amount of errors so far this season though:-

Eden 10
    Johnstone 7
    Lineham 7
    Sio 6
    Charnley 5
    Marshall 5

Grace 4

Not completely sure but I think he's also the top winger for tackle busts and one of the top wingers for clean breaks.
    That's what happens when you play for the top club.

Learning All The Songs

Thank you Regan for choosing to stay with us a little longer, continue to progress, but stay nimble, fleet of foot and use guile, flair and panache to beat your opposition.
    Apparently you make mistakes and errors, of course nobody else does, especially some posters on here with their precise punctuation, great grammar, super spelling and of course perfect prose.

Learning All The Songs

RU clubs sniffing around him too, good deal to get him wrapped up.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    RU clubs sniffing around him too, good deal to get him wrapped up.
    Yep and that's fact , the lad can and will get better , good move by Saints.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

Good luck Regan onwards and upwards just make sure when you do go up come down with the ball!!

I like him..think he's decent

Upside
    Non Members

One advantage is I think you get more from someone you develop yourself. You know them well, signing someone new your never quite sure and sometimes clubs sign new wingers every couple of years we could have two homegrown fot a decade

If he has the right attitude which I'm sure he must have if we have signed him on an extension, then he can develop further.

I've said before I prefer a bigger stronger winger but that doesn't mean Tegan isn't good, he is, and he's young with potential to get better

If Grace has a problem it is with having Percy has his centre .