Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nrl 2019

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Default Nrl 2019

Hopefully back with back tonight (or morning for you guys). It'll be interesting to see how the Broncos will play under a new coach and if Cameron Smith starts to play less minutes

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Really looking forward to it,Roosters v Rabbitohs should be a cracker tomorrow.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saddler View Post
    Really looking forward to it,Roosters v Rabbitohs should be a cracker tomorrow.

Agreed - both teams must be strong candidates for top 4

It's an often repeated comment but once again the coverage is miles better than sky's rubbish.

Got A Season Ticket

So good to have NRL, everything about it on TV more that 100% than we are ever served by Sky!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    It's an often repeated comment but once again the coverage is miles better than sky's rubbish.

It's not even in the same league is it.
    Just a note on the game as well, great to see a free flowing match with very few penalties. Like watching a different sport completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake920 View Post
    Just a note on the game as well, great to see a free flowing match with very few penalties. Like watching a different sport completely.
    It is rugby league played properly

Banned

Not in the same ball park.

Once upon a time Sky coverage was cutting edge, not anymore. I'm not sure at what point Eddie Hemmings became an over-opinionated, obnoxious tit but he has been stale for years and rode his mouth off well above his pay grade for a failed soccer commentator. A same as at one point he was an accomplished RL commentator but now his retirement is well overdue.

The whole Sky coverage is garbage and horribly outdated. the silly, puerile try music a parody of coverage that is at least 20 years out of date.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Drake920 View Post
    Great to watch a game that wasn't constant stop start there would have been five or six penaltys alone over here for players playing the ball onto a player laying in the ruck it was pick the ball up and get on with it

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    Great to watch a game that wasn't constant stop start there would have been five or six penaltys alone over here for players playing the ball onto a player laying in the ruck it was pick the ball up and get on with it
    Yep I noticed how many times that happened and the dummy half just picked it up and played on instead of throwing himself on the floor to milk a Penalty. And also how many times you can hear the refs shout ‘milking’ if a player is trying to win a penalty by trapping the tackler in.

Got A Replica Shirt Southern Saint's Avatar

However if it wasn't for Sky and the money they put into the game, we probably wouldn't have a game. We certainly wouldn't have 3 games a week to watch. Sky isn't rubbish, just that the Aussies are better, but so is the NRL brand. Maybe you can offer suggestions on how Sky can improve. I'd honestly be interested.
    I stopped smoking and my brother called me a quitter

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Saint View Post
    However if it wasn't for Sky and the money they put into the game, we probably wouldn't have a game. We certainly wouldn't have 3 games a week to watch. Sky isn't rubbish, just that the Aussies are better, but so is the NRL brand. Maybe you can offer suggestions on how Sky can improve. I'd honestly be interested.
    More promotion, less amateur dramatic commentary (looking for any hint of controversy), less blatantly obvious bias towards certain teams, sacking of Barrie and ‘reyt’ Tez. Should i keep going?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Without Sky money the whole infrastructure of R.L. would crumble. Mind you look what it has done for the Premier League. Of course the coverage has not kicked on and in fact despite the increased Sky team numbers and innovation lacks a really top class authoritive voice at the helm

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

For me the Sky commentary is rubbish, bit I would sooner listen to rubbish 3 times a week than not see the games.

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    More promotion, less amateur dramatic commentary (looking for any hint of controversy), less blatantly obvious bias towards certain teams, sacking of Barrie and ‘reyt’ Tez. Should i keep going?
    Also where does it say because they pay to show rugby league we can't demand better coverage?

The production is so tired compared to every other sport Sky show it's ridiculous

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    For me the Sky commentary is rubbish, bit I would sooner listen to rubbish 3 times a week than not see the games.
    Yep, seven games this weekend

Starting A Programme Collection

I have the commentary switched off for Sky when Saints play . But I thought The Aussie commentary was rubbish each one trying to make funny comments , one clown said someone with a tash looked like Errol Flynn . I bet 90% watching had no idea who he was on about . But the game was great . Here in Thailand we are 4 hours behind Oz so the games are nearly all shown in the afternoon , great stuff .
    Last edited by fonsboy; 14th March 2019 at 22:06.

I*ve heard that Eddie Hemmings is retiring after the Good Friday game v Wigan.Has anyone any idea who*s taking up the lead commentary on games?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saddler View Post
    I*ve heard that Eddie Hemmings is retiring after the Good Friday game v Wigan.Has anyone any idea who*s taking up the lead commentary on games?
    It was officially announced about 2 weeks ago.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Very good performance from Canberra today in terrible conditions. The English boys did well as well. Bateman didn’t look out of place at all, also Soliola has moved from the 2nd row to prop.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Wighton and Hodgson played excellent. Soliola was impressive with Papalli in the front row.
    Didn’t expect to see Butterbean’s son making his nrl debut!

The Yorkshireman Bateman played well for his first match. Sutton looked a lot leaner than he did at Wigan but got limited minutes think it was the last 10.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

The whole presentation by Sky is dreadful , get rid of the "goon" link which means almost all of the muppets , bring some new blood in , people who can explain and present what's happening and don't talk about ferrets . As said previously new blood needed , and without contradicting myself it should be led by John Wells and John Wilkin, with Wells having obviously cut his ties with Castleford .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    The whole presentation by Sky is dreadful , get rid of the "goon" link which means almost all of the muppets , bring some new blood in , people who can explain and present what's happening and don't talk about ferrets . As said previously new blood needed , and without contradicting myself it should be led by John Wells and John Wilkin, with Wells having obviously cut his ties with Castleford .
    Agree with you, but missed Wells leaving Cas. Any news on what happened there?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Excellent post Roy. Wilkins, Wells and Carney with maybe Jodie Cunningham there too. Jenna Brooks for the on pitch interviews. Get shot of the tired cloth cap and whippet parochial attitude of Terry and Barry and the unadulterated bias of Phil Clarke. Give the show decent opening titles that don't look like they've been drawn by an eight year old and commentators that actually report the game rather than shooting off on tangents about subjects that are trite and banal. SKY can get it right, it just needs to sit down and think what it's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Excellent post Roy. Wilkins, Wells and Carney with maybe Jodie Cunningham there too. Jenna Brooks for the on pitch interviews. Get shot of the tired cloth cap and whippet parochial attitude of Terry and Barry and the unadulterated bias of Phil Clarke. Give the show decent opening titles that don't look like they've been drawn by an eight year old and commentators that actually report the game rather than shooting off on tangents about subjects that are trite and banal. SKY can get it right, it just needs to sit down and think what it's doing.
    You forgot Cummings.