Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man of the match v London

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Fages
    Naiqama
    Coote

As for the game itself let's just say I'm glad the lad who stands next to us was offering his hip flask around. Utter dross
    I agree your selection and would give a special mention to Smith who’s service and defensive efforts closely resembled Roby’s.

I thought the game provided excellent defence from both sides and, despite the atrocious conditions, relatively few mistakes. There were a couple of good tries and no lack of ball movement from Saints who were denied tries on about 10 occasions by last ditch tackling. The early try from Peyroux allied with our first half pressure in keeping London mainly in their own half - the consequence of robust defence and London kicking into the wind - did mean that the game as a contest was over by half time unless Saints imploded. Nevertheless, I didn’t think it was utter dross, that came with watching Wigan’s efforts against Huddersfield where a combination of poor handling, frail defence and total paucity of attacking ideas well deserved that description.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Fages
    Naiqama
    Coote

As for the game itself let's just say I'm glad the lad who stands next to us was offering his hip flask around. Utter dross
    Also my choice, don't think the game was dross, I enjoyed it, solid game and decent enough football played considering decisions

Noooobie

I agree about young smith what a talented player robyesk more game time please.

In The South Stand

I didn't go to the game but am glad that Fages as been given his chance in his own position at last .

Got A Season Ticket

Impressed with young smith and certainly would have no qualms with him playing more often. His distribution from acting half was very good and he certainly didn't slow us down. He made some good scoots and tackled everything that came his way. Thought Coote and Fages were a class above last night.

Noooobie

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniecs424 View Post
    Mods, can we delete this rubbish please?