Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Savellio

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samphire15 View Post
    Signed for Hull with immediate effect

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...r-hull-2630137
    "Hull are a big club" sounds familiar. He wants to come back because he considers UK home. I thought one of the reasons he once gave for wanting to go the other way was because that's were his roots were. Or, words to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    "Hull are a big club" sounds familiar. He wants to come back because he considers UK home. I thought one of the reasons he once gave for wanting to go the other way was because that's were his roots were. Or, words to that effect.
    He’s obviously been told by his agent to say those things. I wish him well but in my opinion this is a bit of a desperate signing and I would be totally underwhelmed if I were a Hull supporter.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    He’s obviously been told by his agent to say those things. I wish him well but in my opinion this is a bit of a desperate signing and I would be totally underwhelmed if I were a Hull supporter.
    Judging by what I've read on Twitter and rlfans they're all delighted. Shows you where Hull are as a club at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

Good luck to the lack. I rated him first time I watched him. I hope he kicks on the.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Its sounds as though it could be approaching that "last chance saloon" he's had so many disruptions to his current career, hope he works out for him but we don't want to him have one of his better games against Saints, because we know what he could be capable of if he is at the top of his game.

In honesty a reckon its a big gamble by Hull, can Radford sort his temperament out in the right way.

If you believe the RL papers (big if) Saints showed interest in resigning him!
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post

It’s strange that if he’s that good why would Brisbane get rid ?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Samphire15 View Post
    Signed for Hull with immediate effect

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...r-hull-2630137
    Typical garbage reporting from a local rag - "Former Wolves Academy graduate"

Hull are welcome to him - he'll be off again before his 3 years are up.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Does anybody actually believe this? Maybe Hull supporters will comfort themselves by telling each other he preferred Hull to Saints. We were so keen to get rid of him that we loaned him out to one of our local rivals half way through a season if I remember rightly. He may well have improved but I’ve seen no evidence of it.

His agent must be getting a good cut.

His statement in full

“He’s too good for *, he’s like a young SBW. He’ll soon be looking at a transfer to the ** back in Australia”

(*insert any team **insert any NRL team)
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

He's 23 and he's been at

Saints, Cas, wire, Rochdale, Brisbane now hull

In his time here his attitude was called into question so for that alone I wouldn't re-sign him. On the field I remember him having 2 good games for us, that's it. Wish him well and I hope he kicks on but I'm glad he's gone to another club. Hopefully this won't come back to bite me but I just don't get the hype.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Does anybody actually believe this? Maybe Hull supporters will comfort themselves by telling each other he preferred Hull to Saints. We were so keen to get rid of him that we loaned him out to one of our local rivals half way through a season if I remember rightly. He may well have improved but I’ve seen no evidence of it.
    I guess we'll never know all the details but the rumours at the time were that he (his agent) was demanding a huge salary increase when they were asking for a new contract. Saints said no he wasn't worth anything like what he wanted and Savelio spat his dummy. Saints immediately sent him out on loan to Cas for the remainder of his contract and offered Cas the opportunity to sign him at any time. At the end of that season Cas didn't want him either so he was left without a club until Wire offered him a 1 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    I guess we'll never know all the details but the rumours at the time were that he (his agent) was demanding a huge salary increase when they were asking for a new contract. Saints said no he wasn't worth anything like what he wanted and Savelio spat his dummy. Saints immediately sent him out on loan to Cas for the remainder of his contract and offered Cas the opportunity to sign him at any time. At the end of that season Cas didn't want him either so he was left without a club until Wire offered him a 1 year deal.
    If I remember correctly he did get that big contract off us before we got shut, I could be wrong but I remember something like he was the highest paid young player we've ever had.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Hull must have a massive squad now? Can't see him making an impact.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Hull must have a massive squad now? Can't see him making an impact.
    They had to bring Gaz Ellis out of retirement so i'm not sure they do have a massive squad.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    If I remember correctly he did get that big contract off us before we got shut, I could be wrong but I remember something like he was the highest paid young player we've ever had.
    Good luck to Hull in getting something out of Savelio that no other club has done to date. He was a 'potential' player at Saints but did little of sustained quality.
    I also recall he was a bit suspect in defence, and was a bit of a grabber who tended to go a bit too high on the ball carrier. As stated, Hull can bull this up as much as they want but its not really a signing to get excited about.
    Last edited by eddiewaringsflatcap; 11th March 2019 at 15:14. Reason: Sp & Gr

I think you can get a good measure of Savelio’s worth from the number of Saints’ fans who are wishing our club had gone all out to re-sign him.

For my part, even if he was paying to be at Saints I wouldn’t put him before Bentley or Batchelor, let alone Peyroux or Taia. Like Tez, I also saw Savelio “perform” in the reserves and his attitude and performance were abysmal; in that same game, Jordan Turner also turned out and showed what a dropped first team player should do, giving everything and encouraging those around him.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Good luck to Hull in getting something out of Savelio that no other club has done to date. He was a 'potential' player at Saints but did little of sustained quality.
    I also recall he was a bit suspect in defence, and was a bit of a grabber who tended to o a bit to high on the ball carrier. As stated, Hull can bull this up as much as they want but its not really a signing to get excited about.
    The fact that Neither Saints nor Warrington did not show any open interest in resigning him speaks for itself.

That is correct, his agent then tried to get a re-negotiation going....

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    The fact that Neither Saints nor Warrington did not show any open interest in resigning him speaks for itself.

Or LEEDS, CAS, WIGAN......

A young SBW wouldn’t sign for a mid table club, surely? He’d be at the top table you’d think, challenging for silverware....

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I think you can get a good measure of Savelio’s worth from the number of Saints’ fans who are wishing our club had gone all out to re-sign him.

For my part, even if he was paying to be at Saints I wouldn’t put him before Bentley or Batchelor, let alone Peyroux or Taia. Like Tez, I also saw Savelio “perform” in the reserves and his attitude and performance were abysmal; in that same game, Jordan Turner also turned out and showed what a dropped first team player should do, giving everything and encouraging those around him.
    Spot on. You can have all the talent in the world but if your attitude and application is bad then you'll never be as good as you want to be. Give me a Mike Bennett over Andre Savelio every day of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    That is correct, his agent then tried to get a re-negotiation going....
    Again just going off memory so could be another player but I remember Warrington fans saying it was a done deal he's signing for them. Then it was announced he'd resigned with us on that big contract. Give him his due, if he was half as good as his agent he'd probably be playing international level now.

Learning All The Songs

Again just going off memory so could be another player but I remember Warrington fans saying it was a done deal he's signing for them. Then it was announced he'd resigned with us on that big contract. Give him his due, if he was half as good as his agent he'd probably be playing international level now.

You are so right

Pmsl

Absolutely!

If he was half as good as SBW he’d be at the Roosters!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

His mum put up a better fight on here than he ever has on the pitch.

He has talent but not the heart to make it. He'll be back in the lower leagues within a couple of years

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk