Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Savellio

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    His mum put up a better fight on here than he ever has on the pitch.

He has talent but not the heart to make it. He'll be back in the lower leagues within a couple of years

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    You would think that after the number of rejections he has had, he might have learned a lesson? If he hasn't by now, then as you say the Championship or a lower SL club beckons.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    His mum put up a better fight on here than he ever has on the pitch.

He has talent but not the heart to make it. He'll be back in the lower leagues within a couple of years

His mum used to come on this forum?

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    She posted a few times in discussions about him on here

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Yes mate. IIRC Savelio had been ill and she came on here to defend him after he took some stick.

Learning All The Songs

In fairness to his Mum, the post was informative explaining a major health issue he had suffered as a young man. She was very complimentary to the Saints medical staff who were monitoring his situation as an ongoing concern during his recovery.
    Many posters were speculating with ill informed nonsense, his mother came on here and posted a well written piece that had these same posters begrudgingly admitting that it cast a different light onto the situation. She also noted people should have all the facts before commenting on his abilities.
    I do not know Andre but some of his performances in the senior team were very good for a forward of his age, the Leeds game against the pack that had Jamie Peacock in it comes to mind, he did stutter and rumours surrounded his attitude, they were only rumours and only a small few will know the truth. As was posted earlier if he fulfills his undoubted potential he will be a good`un, I wish him well but not to go too well against us.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    In fairness to his Mum, the post was informative explaining a major health issue he had suffered as a young man. She was very complimentary to the Saints medical staff who were monitoring his situation as an ongoing concern during his recovery.
    Many posters were speculating with ill informed nonsense, his mother came on here and posted a well written piece that had these same posters begrudgingly admitting that it cast a different light onto the situation. She also noted people should have all the facts before commenting on his abilities.
    I do not know Andre but some of his performances in the senior team were very good for a forward of his age, the Leeds game against the pack that had Jamie Peacock in it comes to mind, he did stutter and rumours surrounded his attitude, they were only rumours and only a small few will know the truth. As was posted earlier if he fulfills his undoubted potential he will be a good`un, I wish him well but not to go too well against us.
    Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Agree with most of what you’ve written there, he has/had the ability but not the application by the look of it.

The attitude thing seems to carry weight because he has moved short term to 3 different clubs and none have kept him on longer than a year.

I wish him luck because it’s a short career, and a hard slog. I add that I wish I’d had any of the opportunities he’s had.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

There's no way we'd have been interested in him, nine whatsoever.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Its sounds as though it could be approaching that "last chance saloon" he's had so many disruptions to his current career, hope he works out for him but we don't want to him have one of his better games against Saints, because we know what he could be capable of if he is at the top of his game.

In honesty a reckon its a big gamble by Hull, can Radford sort his temperament out in the right way.
    If he doesn’t cut it at Hull his next stop is likely the Championship... maybe with Leeds or Wigan ;-)

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    If he doesn’t cut it at Hull his next stop is likely the Championship... maybe with Leeds or Wigan ;-)
    Haha, love it.