Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Eddie Hemmings Retires

Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    Second time for John Wells - he has something unique, his insight as an ex player and his analysis background make him sound knowledgeable.

One thing I would say is keep Carney away from the mike unless presenting, man he was negative last night, I don't care how bad the game might be I can do without the sky team constantly going on about it - he was the only one doing it last night, perhaps he was drunk or just didn't like the idea of 2 nights in Hull
    Carney is a really good presenter and excels in this role for a number of reasons. He isn't so good as a commentator or as a play by play summeriser. I think Wilkin is a much better studio guest than PBP as well. Same with Wells.

I've said it loads but they need to get shut of McDermott and O'Connor because their Max and Paddy shtick is grating, as it has been ever since they tried it on Boots and All a decade ago. Clarke I think could still have a part to play but a lot of his opinions are just bizarre. He seems to make things up on the fly and every game appears to have "the best in superleague at" something pointless.

Finally. Someone made the point about Studios. Why weren't the presenters not in the regular Sky studio at Anfield? Looked like they were on a blimp they were that high up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    I heard a speech by Sky's Head of Sport's coverage recently at a media dinner. He was talking about how exciting their sport portfolio is and the coming year's coverage. He never mentioned Rugby League once. Talked for about 4 minutes about netball, and plenty about other sports but not once was RL mentioned. Not even to say they were dropping it.
    You could tell it was all going downhill when they started transmitting Boots n All from the Sky office canteen! I started watching what the people behind in the queue were ordering, mind you that was more interesting than Phil Clarke and his stats charts

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

We should have one main presenter and two former players/coach in a studio away from the ground.

One decent commentator and a colour commentator

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    Second time for John Wells - he has something unique, his insight as an ex player and his analysis background make him sound knowledgeable.

One thing I would say is keep Carney away from the mike unless presenting, man he was negative last night, I don't care how bad the game might be I can do without the sky team constantly going on about it - he was the only one doing it last night, perhaps he was drunk or just didn't like the idea of 2 nights in Hull
    One thing is for certain is that you cannot please everyone. Most negative views on Eddie and Sky`s commentary was that they over hyped every game, incident, good try or tackle etc. The majority of these critics resounding quotes were to call it how it is, when they do that they also get criticised, damned if you do damned if you dont. I have said this numerous times read Brian Carney`s interview with Paul Kimmage from the Irish Independent it is an excellent article on lots of subjects not least the art of punditry and its restrictions.