Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Amor

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    No he isn't dire, I don't know why you keep making these stupid accusations. He's not the best but he has a contract and Holbrook decided to use him this year. I'll take his informed decision over some gobby plank on the internet.

Exactly - the salary cap hasn't increased enough over the years so it's impossible to have 4 world class props at the peak of their careers in your squad, we're lucky we have 2 genuine world class props and 2 with huge potential and then a player like Amor who IMO would make the 17 of any other squad in SL. Long gone are the days when we had the luxury to leave out international quality players like Fozzard and Vinnie Anderson from our 17. We're extremely lucky with the strength and depth we have in our forwards this year.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Exactly - the salary cap hasn't increased enough over the years so it's impossible to have 4 world class props at the peak of their careers in your squad, we're lucky we have 2 genuine world class props and 2 with huge potential and then a player like Amor who IMO would make the 17 of any other squad in SL. Long gone are the days when we had the luxury to leave out international quality players like Fozzard and Vinnie Anderson from our 17. We're extremely lucky with the strength and depth we have in our forwards this year.
    I bet if Kyle Amor visited his detractors and barrack room lawyers on here at their work place and watched them perform and slagged them off like he gets they might alter their opinion. I have NEVER been a professional rugby league player so I know nothing of the pressure the knocks taken during a game and any problems you may have in your private life being carried on your shoulders and expected to be 100% every time you walk on the pitch.

I doubt if he was as crap, as no marks on here make out , then he'd not be in JH's thoughts every game.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I bet if Kyle Amor visited his detractors and barrack room lawyers on here at their work place and watched them perform and slagged them off like he gets they might alter their opinion. I have NEVER been a professional rugby league player so I know nothing of the pressure the knocks taken during a game and any problems you may have in your private life being carried on your shoulders and expected to be 100% every time you walk on the pitch.

I doubt if he was as crap, as no marks on here make out , then he'd not be in JH's thoughts every game.
    There is a distinct lack of tolerance with a couple of posters on here who set their stalls out early when a player has a poor game and loses form, they then appear to want to get rid and won't change their opinions and seem to badge up players as "not good enough for Saints". We.ve had it with Lomax, Fages, Richardson, Swift, LMS, Peyroux, Morgan, Amor, Paulo etc etc. Some have poor seasons for a variety of reasons and like you say can't play 100% every week they are not Robots.

The only fair criticism we can make is when a player just doesnt show any obvious effort or commitment to strengthen the team ethic, Ben Barba was an example of that in the last third of the regular season.
    '

Got A Season Ticket Billinge Bren's Avatar

Greengrass hits nail on .

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    There is a distinct lack of tolerance with a couple of posters on here who set their stalls out early when a player has a poor game and loses form, they then appear to want to get rid and won't change their opinions and seem to badge up players as "not good enough for Saints". We.ve had it with Lomax, Fages, Richardson, Swift, LMS, Peyroux, Morgan, Amor, Paulo etc etc. Some have poor seasons for a variety of reasons and like you say can't play 100% every week they are not Robots.

The only fair criticism we can make is when a player just doesnt show any obvious effort or commitment to strengthen the team ethic, Ben Barba was an example of that in the last third of the regular season.
    '
    Very well put. Judgement is made very quickly on some players, expectations are higher for some than others

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

'
    Fantastic post

Got A Season Ticket

Completely random addition to this thread but here you are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru1wfeYA_gU

Ashton Sims names Kyle Amor his toughest ever opponent. Well I never.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Edit
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Yes but how i perform in my job as no effect on Kyle Amor. If a players wages are paid through the turnstiles and SKY subscriptions surely we are entitled to have an opinion on him as a player?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

'

What adds to at least my frustration with Amor, is that for two seasons (was it his first and third?) he looked really good - even being voted player of the season in 2016 (his 3rd season here). Since then, though, he's looked ineffective. He used to make breaks, put in big hits both in defence & attack, and was a go-to player for us.

So we know he has - or at least had - it in him to be a quality player.

His style changed under Cunningham, though; he started going to ground easy - yes, to 'find his front', but it took a big part of his effectiveness away, and despite our style of play changing to keep the ball in play a lot more, he just hasn't recovered that rampaging ability and still goes to ground too easily.

I thought for a time that perhaps he was working under instruction from the coach but, in an interview with Amor at the start of this season, he admitted Holbrook wasn't happy with his form last year - and in my opinion, his form actually improved a bit in the aftermath of Walmsley's neck break.

https://www.totalrl.com/kyle-amor-ey...in-off-season/

Perhaps it's just that Cunningham ruined his game (like he ruined Richards')

He's not 'crap' as some like to knee-jerk (including probably me at some time or other!). But he gives us little more than an average prop does, something a whole host of player in SL could offer. What's more, Douglas performs that 'workmanlike' role far better and I'm a bit pee'd off that it's Douglas playing at Leigh and not Amor.

Also, finally, given Amor signed his new 3-year contract at the end of the 2016 season just after he'd won player of the season, I expect he's going to be on a decent wedge. But unless I've missed him signing an extension, it does look like his contract is up at the end of the season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/37978048

Learning All The Songs

Yes Greengrass.

Posters can then justify what they post with "I did not mean him personally just not good enough for our club or the I am a season ticket holder if my money is being wasted I think I have a right to judge comment". Claiming it is an opinion right or wrong and they are entitled to it.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I like having him in the 17 because of what he offers without the ball. Lees, Ashworth and LMS are high intensity players, they’ll throw everything they’ve got into a carry, they’ll have a breather in back play and then they’ll do it again. Amor doesn’t carry the ball with that aggression but he always pushes with whoever has the ball and he’s always in support to take a pass so you’ve still got numbers in attack whilst Lees/LMS/Ashworth and even Walmsley if he’s on at that time are preparing for their next carry. I thought we looked better last week when he came on because he just followed the ball and supported everything.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    No he isn't dire, I don't know why you keep making these stupid accusations. He's not the best but he has a contract and Holbrook decided to use him this year. I'll take his informed decision over some gobby plank on the internet.
    Quite ironic given you were banned for the tripe you spout on here and sorry to disappoint but Holbrook tried to get rid of Amor at the end of last season.

Learning All The Songs

I wouldn’t as that would have absolutely nothing to do with Amor not being very good.

'
    So now, as long as they tried, criticism isn’t allowed for players even if they’re crap?

My opinion only but Kyle Amor put a big tackling stint in against Warrington and offloaded some good passes. He was also playing with a tight hamstring which you might remember from the week before when he was heavily strapped up. He knows he's approaching the end of his career and is making plans for that accordingly. In the meantime I think he's giving it all he's got. I also agree that everyone has the right to criticise, that's the function of any forum.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

True supporters don't slag their own players off.
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    True supporters don't slag their own players off.
    Ways and means of doing it and I agree that I wince at some of the seemingly hate-laden slagging off some players get, but I think fans are entitled to express opinions, good or bad, about the players their hard-earned pays the wages of.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post

So now, as long as they tried, criticism isn’t allowed for players even if they’re crap?
    Depends on the level of fickality, others support "the red vee shirt" no matter what the ability of a player and if that player is doing the same then fair enough and it will be Holbrook to cast judgement if they play further down the track.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Ways and means of doing it and I agree that I wince at some of the seemingly hate-laden slagging off some players get, but I think fans are entitled to express opinions, good or bad, about the players their hard-earned pays the wages of.
    I think this is it. I don't think people should get personal about players but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Criticism ? is that what you call the libelous puerile dog shit that you proffer as your expert opinion. You want to look up the word RESPECT as obviously you haven't a clue what it means. He plays for Saints YOU DON'T ! He gets paid for playing for Saints YOU DON'T ! Justin Holbrook and Mike Rush get paid to choose which players play for Saints YOU DON'T !

So in your own feeble little mind you put yourself on a higher plain than the people mentioned.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Criticism ? is that what you call the libelous puerile dog shit that you proffer as your expert opinion. You want to look up the word RESPECT as obviously you haven't a clue what it means. He plays for Saints YOU DON'T ! He gets paid for playing for Saints YOU DON'T ! Justin Holbrook and Mike Rush get paid to choose which players play for Saints YOU DON'T !

So in your own feeble little mind you put yourself on a higher plain than the people mentioned.
    Fantastic Greenheads.

Sorry about the fat fingers. Fantastic Greengrass.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    Fantastic Greenheads.
    Well said

Banned

Quite ironic given you were banned for the tripe you spout on here and sorry to disappoint but Holbrook tried to get rid of Amor at the end of last season.
    Tripe? Do you want to give us some examples? Sorry to disappoint you but I've been banned more times than you've posted sense, from what I can gather for personal reasons as much as anything but that's the cards I've got.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
    criticism ? Is that what you call the libelous puerile dog shit that you proffer as your expert opinion. You want to look up the word respect as obviously you haven't a clue what it means. He plays for saints you don't ! He gets paid for playing for saints you don't ! Justin holbrook and mike rush get paid to choose which players play for saints you don't !

bosh!!!